Author Topic: Young was missing? Police was looking?  (Read 5671 times)

Young was missing? Police was looking?
« on: September 09, 2008, 11:38:37 AM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
Coming up next on ESPN.

Anyone know anything about this?

Re: Young was missing? Police was looking?
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2008, 11:41:46 AM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
Titans press release:

“Last night, we received a call from people that are closest to Vince informing us that he had left his house in a state of mind that had them concerned; and that he was unreachable, having left his cell phone at the house. Not having all the facts available to us and approaching the matter prudently, we contacted Metro Police to make them aware of the situation and asked for their assistance in locating Vince. He was located at a friend’s house, where we made contact with him. He then came to the practice facility where it was determined that those initial concerns by his friends and family were unfounded and he returned home without incident.”

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2008, 11:42:53 AM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
I don't think he has a long time left there as the starting QB.

« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2008, 11:54:53 AM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157
I don't think he has a long time left there as the starting QB.

when will NFL teams learn, Running QB's with limited accuracy do not work in the NFL system. Either put in a collage esqe system that lets them reley on thier legs for more than jus t"uh oh, gonna get sacked, time to run" or scout better so you get guys like mcnabb, who CAN scramble but is also a heck of an accurate passer.

plugging an athletic kid who was dynamic running the option but had trouble with short, itermidate paterns from collage into the starting QB role with a pocket/role out offense does not work.
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2008, 12:27:42 PM »

Offline shookones99

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 73
He seems like an oddball.   I read on ESPN recently that he considered retiring after his first season.
When I'm in the gym...I like to grunt when  I get my swell on... That way everyone can see how jacked and tan I am.

« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2008, 01:54:44 PM »

Offline Celtic

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 55
  • TRANSFORMATION INTO CHAMPION COMPLETE!!!
He seems like an oddball.   I read on ESPN recently that he considered retiring after his first season.

Yeah I remember that, some people are tough as nails on the football field, but are mentally in anguish the entire time.

« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2008, 02:06:03 PM »

Offline Fan from VT

• NCE
  • Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 777
mcnabb was not always an accurate passer, it took a lot of patience and coaching from the team and dedication by him to get his passing game together. i'm sure vince could get there, but odds are he won't, especially with weirder and weirder stories coming out about his personality.

remember also that young tested quite poorly on the wonderlic test and other psychiatric tests, and everyone laughed it off at how ridiculous it was that football used such tests, and that with such a great athlete such tests were meaningless...well, now what do you think?

« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2008, 02:06:56 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
From the sounds of his behavior he seems to be showing signs of a behavioral disease. He might be bi-polar, have a personality disorder or worse. I hope he receives some quality care and that his needs come before the needs of a team.

It's funny how professional athletes appear to be these almost superhuman people and thought that way because of their physical makeup and yet can be extremely fragile due to their mental makeup. It appears he needs help, I hope he gets it.

« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2008, 02:24:04 PM »

Offline JSD

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2159
Titans press release:

“Last night, we received a call from people that are closest to Vince informing us that he had left his house in a state of mind that had them concerned; and that he was unreachable, having left his cell phone at the house. Not having all the facts available to us and approaching the matter prudently, we contacted Metro Police to make them aware of the situation and asked for their assistance in locating Vince. He was located at a friend’s house, where we made contact with him. He then came to the practice facility where it was determined that those initial concerns by his friends and family were unfounded and he returned home without incident.”

He must be a Patriots fan.

« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2008, 03:37:05 PM »

Offline iowa plowboy

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 113
From the sounds of his behavior he seems to be showing signs of a behavioral disease. He might be bi-polar, have a personality disorder or worse. I hope he receives some quality care and that his needs come before the needs of a team.

It's funny how professional athletes appear to be these almost superhuman people and thought that way because of their physical makeup and yet can be extremely fragile due to their mental makeup. It appears he needs help, I hope he gets it.

Did any of these newly discovered "conditions" (behavioral disease. He might be bi-polar, have a personality disorder or worse...like ADD) exist when you were a kid, Nick?

We are the most grossly overmedicated and overdiagnosed population in human history.  Give it a year and Young will be diagonsed with ADDDD or Tri or Quad-polar because all of these "diseases" and "conditions" seem to take on new lives of their own.

Between wacko diagnoses...How about the Titans deal with Young as a professional?  Their concern should be what happened last Sunday.  Where it sounds like he had to be coaxed back into the game by his coach. 

« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2008, 04:16:38 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club

Did any of these newly discovered "conditions" (behavioral disease. He might be bi-polar, have a personality disorder or worse...like ADD) exist when you were a kid, Nick?

We are the most grossly overmedicated and overdiagnosed population in human history.  Give it a year and Young will be diagonsed with ADDDD or Tri or Quad-polar because all of these "diseases" and "conditions" seem to take on new lives of their own.

Between wacko diagnoses...How about the Titans deal with Young as a professional?  Their concern should be what happened last Sunday.  Where it sounds like he had to be coaxed back into the game by his coach. 
Actually iowa, yes they did. I come from a family where mental illness stretches back generations. My ancestors were thought to be crazy or just strange. No one had a good thing to say about them until after they committed suicide.

As a 12 year old kid I took care of my baby brother and other siblings until finally going to college because my mother was in and out of mental institutions. I had to clean up giant puddles of her blood as a child on several occasions after yet another attempted suicide.

I myself have a mental illness that due to the right medicines and proper balance of medications allows me to lead a normal life. I recognized what I felt and what was happening to me early because when I was a child I asked why these things were happening to my mother. I asked why so many of my relatives had committed suicide. I got medical answers why and a long list of symptoms that come along that one needs to watch for.

Any person that has my disease has a 25% chance of passing that on to their children. I was the only one of four kids to get it in my family. My children could have it. But if caught early, like any other disease it can be put under control.

I lost a decade of my life to mental illness because I refused to admit to myself that I could have what my mother had and refused to admit  what was happening to me. Like diabetes, heart disease, asthma, or whatever, it can be helped. Not in all cases but new therapies and medications are being tested every day.

After 45 years of hell, and believe me the stories of my childhood I could tell would make your hair stand on end, my mother is finally receiving a medication that is working that came out only within the last year or so. She is a different person, someone I don't ever remember meeting or being a part of my life. My dad says this was the person he met and married all those years ago.

Don't denigrate an area of medicine just because of some preconceived enigma that has existed for years over its validity. Being a child of someone who has a mental illness and a person that has a mental illness, I can tell you they exist, the medications work and its a [dang] struggle.

But I live with it.

« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2008, 04:48:19 PM »

Offline Celtic

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 55
  • TRANSFORMATION INTO CHAMPION COMPLETE!!!

Actually iowa, yes they did. I come from a family where mental illness stretches back generations. My ancestors were thought to be crazy or just strange. No one had a good thing to say about them until after they committed suicide.

As a 12 year old kid I took care of my baby brother and other siblings until finally going to college because my mother was in and out of mental institutions. I had to clean up giant puddles of her blood as a child on several occasions after yet another attempted suicide.

I myself have a mental illness that due to the right medicines and proper balance of medications allows me to lead a normal life. I recognized what I felt and what was happening to me early because when I was a child I asked why these things were happening to my mother. I asked why so many of my relatives had committed suicide. I got medical answers why and a long list of symptoms that come along that one needs to watch for.

Any person that has my disease has a 25% chance of passing that on to their children. I was the only one of four kids to get it in my family. My children could have it. But if caught early, like any other disease it can be put under control.

I lost a decade of my life to mental illness because I refused to admit to myself that I could have what my mother had and refused to admit  what was happening to me. Like diabetes, heart disease, asthma, or whatever, it can be helped. Not in all cases but new therapies and medications are being tested every day.

After 45 years of hell, and believe me the stories of my childhood I could tell would make your hair stand on end, my mother is finally receiving a medication that is working that came out only within the last year or so. She is a different person, someone I don't ever remember meeting or being a part of my life. My dad says this was the person he met and married all those years ago.

Don't denigrate an area of medicine just because of some preconceived enigma that has existed for years over its validity. Being a child of someone who has a mental illness and a person that has a mental illness, I can tell you they exist, the medications work and its a [dang] struggle.

But I live with it.

Wow that post was a smackdown, sorry I had to lighten the mood a little bit. That is some serious stuff Nick, I am in no way downplaying your words, I quite simply am a jackass.

« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2008, 04:54:47 PM »

Offline Schupac

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 235
Normally I give TPs for posts that make me laugh.  Nickagneta gets a TP for dropping some serious logic on this post.