Author Topic: Could Brett Favre Look any worse?  (Read 24064 times)

Re: Could Brett Favre Look any worse?
« Reply #45 on: July 15, 2008, 12:43:05 PM »

Offline CDawg834

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 57
I still don't understand how no one in the national media has any problem with Favre's behavior in this situation.  It is self-centered and disrespectful to the point of being embarrassing and he has ESPN practically nominating him for President.  I am glad to know I am not the only one who thinks Favre is in the wrong here.

« Reply #46 on: July 15, 2008, 12:47:22 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157
I'm a Bears fan and would love Favre to come to Chicago. I understand that Greenbay wants to move on, so just let him go and have his freedom to sign with another team. I think he has done enough for Greenbay to be treated properly now that they don't have plans for him.

That's the whole idea. Chi town is the last place Green Bay wants to see Farve. They will trade him to the Dolphins or something.

I doubt he'd even sign with Chicago, but I think he should have the freedom to. It's amazing to me how easily an organization can turn on a player that has given so much. That is why I support guys like Brand and Boozer for sticking it to their former teams. Because if they had not, those teams would have eventually done it to them.

how is this the packers turning on him? he has a contract with them, and he's held them hostage in the offseason for 4 years now. Thier perfectly within thier rights to take him back and make him play backup, which is in fact what a 38 year old who wanted to improve his legacy would do, and train rogers to be brett farve junior.

but no, thats not good enough for brett. he's always considered himself above the sport, and once again he's playing his "you have to do what i say, or your jerks."

sorry brett, you signed a deal in GB. whatever happened to play for what you agreed brett, you rember how you sold that line to javon walker and it cost him millions right?but of course that logic doesn't apply to brett, only teamates he wants in camp i guess. then, for the fourth year in a row, you started your little "will i/ won't i" circus, and this time the packers decided its time for the kid they drafted in the top 10 THREE YEARS AGO to get his chance before his contracts up next year.

how is this the pack tuning on a player? there about to pay him a ton of money to backup the guy that they think is thier next franchise QB.

but your right, lets let brett start, alienate our "QB of the future" so he doesn't want to resign here next year, and let brett decided he doesn't want to retire next year too.

please.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2008, 12:53:03 PM by crownsy »
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #47 on: July 15, 2008, 12:49:47 PM »

Offline the_Bird

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 176
The Pack can't bring Favre back unless they play him.  He costs too much money, and Rogers will have absolutely no prayer of success with Favre sitting on the bench.  Favre's enough of a Edited.  Profanity and masked profanity are against forum rules and may result in discipline. to cause a HUGE rift in the locker room, and the fans would be booing Rogers even BEFORE he throws his first incompletion.

Teams know that he'll be released, so they won't offer anything of value for him.  MAYBE a low draft pick.  

The team that's out there that really OUGHT to push for him is Chicago; what, are they going to play Rex Grossman instead?  ;)  I'd *love* to see Favre throwing pick after pick in Chi-town...  maybe a year of misery there, out of the playoffs, would convince him to finally let it go and retire already.

« Reply #48 on: July 15, 2008, 12:51:02 PM »

Offline Birdbrain

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 235
  • 36 charges and counting..
I don't know maybe actually being the only thing worth of value in GB for the past 20 years or so.  I love how GB is acting all tough when they know if Brett goes to training camp he will have Rogers sitting on the bench holding the clipboard again.  Move on to what they are up S creek.  And why not release him .. because they know he'll go to Chicago or Minnesota and they will stomp GB and they will look even worse.

Pick after Pick... another classic, of course it's not based in reality.

I take it most of you guys stick to only the Pats and Sox and C's?  I have to question if some of you ever even watched a Packer game in past 20 years.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2008, 12:57:19 PM by Birdbrain »
Little Fockers 1.5/10
Gulliver's Travels 1/10
Grown Ups -20/10
Tron Legacy 6.5/10

« Reply #49 on: July 15, 2008, 12:52:11 PM »

Offline JSD

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2158
Sure, he could get breast implants and dye his hair blue.
The only color that matters is GREEN

« Reply #50 on: July 15, 2008, 12:56:50 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
I don't know maybe actually being the only thing worth of value in GB for the past 20 years or so.  I love how GB is acting all tough when they know if Brett goes to training camp he will have Rogers sitting on the bench holding the clipboard again.  Move on to what they are up S creek.  And why not release him .. because they know he'll go to Chicago or Minnesota and they will stomp GB and they will look even worse.

Pick after Pick... another classic, of course it's not based in reality.

exacly, so why release him?

i love how brett is famous for giving walker the dress down for "not playing for what you signed for" but now that brett doesn't want to do that, its ok to ask for a release.

and move on to what? rogers was a top ten pick, and supposdly, from everyone, including brett "flipflop" farve, going to be a great QB. how knows if he actually will, but now you want them to tell this kid "yea, the guy couldn't make up his mind again, sorry about that, we know your 27...but uh, yea, if you could resign with us next year instead of testing the market, that would really help us out, since were going to be a 500 team or so, and won't sniff an equivilent draft pick for our next "QB of the future".

trust me, brett's playing backup or getting traded to the AFC if he wants back in. pleanty of crappy afc teams will no doubt part with a draft pick for brett.
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #51 on: July 15, 2008, 01:03:37 PM »

Offline iowa plowboy

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 113
It will be interesting to see whether Favre calls Green Bay's bluff.  Do they really want to pay him several million dollars to sit on the bench and brood, while being a media distraction?  How would Rodgers feel, with Favre always looming in the background?

If they do anything but call his bluff....As in release him...They deserve what they get.  What they'd get is every established player on the roster void of character like Favre constantly holding them hostage.  They either take control of this situation by either trading this jerk for the value that they want, or making him a backup.  It they do anything else, their organization is headed for a train wreck ala the Knicks.

They can either eat the short-term public relations hit they take...(I believe that's overrated in as much as they have a years-long waiting list for season tickets)  Or they can let the inmates run the asylum.  Sounds like a no brainer.

Rogers has looked very good in his few chances he's had.  The coaches have had more than enough time to have confidence in him.

« Reply #52 on: July 15, 2008, 01:08:34 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
It will be interesting to see whether Favre calls Green Bay's bluff.  Do they really want to pay him several million dollars to sit on the bench and brood, while being a media distraction?  How would Rodgers feel, with Favre always looming in the background?

If they do anything but call his bluff....As in release him...They deserve what they get.  What they'd get is every established player on the roster void of character like Favre constantly holding them hostage.  They either take control of this situation by either trading this jerk for the value that they want, or making him a backup.  It they do anything else, their organization is headed for a train wreck ala the Knicks.

They can either eat the short-term public relations hit they take...(I believe that's overrated in as much as they have a years-long waiting list for season tickets)  Or they can let the inmates run the asylum.  Sounds like a no brainer.

Rogers has looked very good in his few chances he's had.  The coaches have had more than enough time to have confidence in him.

It's not just a short-term PR hit, though.  It has the potential to be a huge distraction for the team, and almost definitely will affect the team's ability to win football games.

Regardless of whose fault this is, I think the Packers need to either trade him or release him for their own good.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #53 on: July 15, 2008, 01:09:40 PM »

Offline Birdbrain

• Jim Loscutoff
First of all Rogers was the 24th pick .. 2nd QB taken behind the fantastic Alex Smith.  So no he wasn't destined for stardom and no he's not in the same zip code in regards to skill as Favre.  And yes if Favre went to camp and outplayed him (which of course he would) and they still sat him what does that make GB look like?  They should cleaning off the Red Carpet for him. 

GB is moving on why not release him ...  because he will embarrass them by beating them.

This might be first time in history that a group of fans knows more than an Organization about their personnel. 
Little Fockers 1.5/10
Gulliver's Travels 1/10
Grown Ups -20/10
Tron Legacy 6.5/10

« Reply #54 on: July 15, 2008, 01:18:09 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
First of all Rogers was the 24th pick .. 2nd QB taken behind the fantastic Alex Smith.  So no he wasn't destined for stardom and no he's not in the same zip code in regards to skill as Favre.  And yes if Favre went to camp and outplayed him (which of course he would) and they still sat him what does that make GB look like?  They should cleaning off the Red Carpet for him. 

GB is moving on why not release him ...  because he will embarrass them by beating them.

This might be first time in history that a group of fans knows more than an Organization about their personnel. 

my bad on the pick, but what on earth does it matter to release him. there not releaseing him because its a moronic buisness move. this isn't backyard football, why would you give him away to free to a rival when you can get something in trade from another team?

it makes zero sense.

clearly your a big farve fan, and he was a great QB, and is still a good one, espically with the sorry state of the position in the NFL, and thats fine, but from a buisness sense, GB is playing it right.

Also, my favroite part remains that when javon walker held out, and everyone acknoledged that he was making much less than what he could, brett became a huge "you signed the contract, play and don't hold the team hostage" guy and was cheered for it. now he does the same thing to the packers for 3 years and the pack is supposed to rollover for him. whatever brett, double standered much?

« Reply #55 on: July 15, 2008, 01:32:11 PM »

Offline Birdbrain

• Jim Loscutoff
I'm not a big Favre fan at all but, I do know greatness when I see it and I do know the guy NEVER missed a game in his career.  I'm sorry was that clear enough for everyone?  The guy started every game as a QB in the NFL.  If GB doesn't want to play him they should release or trade him for whatever they can get. Imagine Paul playing another 7 years and then waffling on whether he wanted to retire?  Let me guess Boston should make him sit on the bench even if he's the better than the guy ahead of him so that the Celtics can be the boss and say they are moving on?  What kind of sense to does that make?  Get rid of the guy or allow to start for GB.
Little Fockers 1.5/10
Gulliver's Travels 1/10
Grown Ups -20/10
Tron Legacy 6.5/10

« Reply #56 on: July 15, 2008, 01:34:19 PM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120
He's being a bit of a child, which is annoying.

Plus, I hold him personally responsible for the Patriots not winning the Super Bowl last year.  He could have taken care of biz at Lambeau in the NFC Championship, then taken the predestined whooping in the Super Bowl that the Giants were unwilling to follow along with.

Tp for that!

Agreed, he is being childish.  Plus, I am looking forward to watching Aaron Rodgers prove to SF that they made a huge mistake drafting Alex Smith.
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #57 on: July 15, 2008, 01:37:10 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
I'm not a big Favre fan at all but, I do know greatness when I see it and I do know the guy NEVER missed a game in his career.  I'm sorry was that clear enough for everyone?  The guy started every game as a QB in the NFL.  If GB doesn't want to play him they should release or trade him for whatever they can get. Imagine Paul playing another 7 years and then waffling on whether he wanted to retire?  Let me guess Boston should make him sit on the bench even if he's the better than the guy ahead of him so that the Celtics can be the boss and say they are moving on?  What kind of sense to does that make?  Get rid of the guy or allow to start for GB.

even more reason why you don't release him, you trade him. I'm not saying they should keep him, but to release him for nothing would be utterly stupid.

« Reply #58 on: July 15, 2008, 01:40:37 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale

even more reason why you don't release him, you trade him. I'm not saying they should keep him, but to release him for nothing would be utterly stupid.

I think the anticipated problem is that teams aren't going to offer anything for him, because they know 1) Favre might not agree to go there, and 2) Green Bay is going to be forced to release him anyway.

I agree, though: they should definitely look to trade him first.  I live Favre, but I don't think the organization owes him his release or anything along those lines.  I do, however, think that they pretty much have to release him if there aren't any offers.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #59 on: July 15, 2008, 02:08:48 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson

I think the anticipated problem is that teams aren't going to offer anything for him, because they know 1) Favre might not agree to go there, and 2) Green Bay is going to be forced to release him anyway.

I agree, though: they should definitely look to trade him first.  I live Favre, but I don't think the organization owes him his release or anything along those lines.  I do, however, think that they pretty much have to release him if there aren't any offers.

they'll be offers, and if you have to you take .25 on the dollar, its better than nothing. and if you take a trade and brett kills it, then you release that in a very public way along with a "what else do you want us to do? were not going to shoot ourselves in the head because you don't feel like honoring your contract if it isn't under your terms."