Author Topic: Could Brett Favre Look any worse?  (Read 24037 times)

Re: Could Brett Favre Look any worse?
« Reply #30 on: July 15, 2008, 11:13:26 AM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 816
19 picks in the past 10 playoff games. I believe he is out of the top ten because of his performance in games that mattered.  He had some good years, but you cant discount recent performance in playoff games.  Thats why i have namath over favre.  But that is just my opinion. 
CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16

« Reply #31 on: July 15, 2008, 11:17:50 AM »

Offline Chief

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2450
"What makes Marino any more special than Favre? I know it's not Super Bowl rings."

The fact that before manning he owned the record for most touchdown passes in a season and doesnt own the record for most interceptions. A higher Career QB rating. Never had a season with more interceptions than touchdowns.  Also, he's only got one superbowl. 

Went to two straight and got one. Better than most QBs.
Once you are labeled 'the best' you want to stay up there, and you can't do it by loafing around.

Larry Bird

« Reply #32 on: July 15, 2008, 11:18:59 AM »

Offline blazingarrow

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 45
Favre was good once, but has been over-hyped during his decline after his Super Bowl win (I give full credit to Desmond Howard for changing that game).  Sal Paolantonio wrote a great article on the Favre hype...

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=paolantonio_sal&id=3281535

nice link

TP

« Reply #33 on: July 15, 2008, 11:26:37 AM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones

Right but as a previous poster pointed out.  So did Kurt Warner, Do you rank him in the top ten of all time?
CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16

« Reply #34 on: July 15, 2008, 11:39:19 AM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale

Right but as a previous poster pointed out.  So did Kurt Warner, Do you rank him in the top ten of all time?

Pre-injury, you could make the argument.  He certainly had one of the quickest and most accurate releases in NFL history.  Then, he screwed up his thumb, and he became very mediocre.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #35 on: July 15, 2008, 11:44:04 AM »

Offline SShoreFan 2.0

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 201
I am so tired of Brett Farve and have been for awhile.  So in hopes of shifting focus, I am offering this QB from the south as an alternative.

I love my kids, call me a sap - it's true.

« Reply #36 on: July 15, 2008, 11:46:35 AM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones

Pre-injury, you could make the argument.  He certainly had one of the quickest and most accurate releases in NFL history.  Then, he screwed up his thumb, and he became very mediocre.

Are you saying you could make the argument for Kurt Warner?  Assuming its Brett Favre, I acknowledge that he was great at one point in his career, but i think you have to take the last decade of his career into consideration. 

« Reply #37 on: July 15, 2008, 11:48:39 AM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
Sorry for posting twice in a row, but this was from the SAl PAl article posted earlier. 

"In the first 81 years of the Green Bay franchise, the most hallowed in all of pro football, the Packers were 13-0 at home in the postseason. But since 2002, the Packers have gone 2-3 in playoff games at Lambeau Field, with Favre losing to three not-quite Hall of Fame quarterbacks: Michael Vick, Daunte Culpepper and Manning."

« Reply #38 on: July 15, 2008, 11:57:23 AM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural

Are you saying you could make the argument for Kurt Warner?  Assuming its Brett Favre, I acknowledge that he was great at one point in his career, but i think you have to take the last decade of his career into consideration. 

I'm saying that prior to his injury, Warner was on a trajectory to be considered one of the great QBs in league history.  He won two MVP awards, won a Superbowl (and was MVP), and even now, is third all-time in QB rating and second all-time in completion percentage.

He got hurt, and his career went off-course.  Due to that, no, he doesn't merit consideration among the best of the best.  However, for awhile he certainly was.  This guy isn't Trent Dilfer, he was an elite player whose career was disrupted by injury.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

« Reply #39 on: July 15, 2008, 12:00:33 PM »

Offline Birdbrain

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 235
  • 36 charges and counting..
Ugh yeah looks bad.  Sure.  He can do whatever he wants to do and the Packers should just release him if he's not going to be starting.  He is GB and Rogers is horrible.  So no you have completely the opposite.  Green Bay couldn't look any worse.
Little Fockers 1.5/10
Gulliver's Travels 1/10
Grown Ups -20/10
Tron Legacy 6.5/10

« Reply #40 on: July 15, 2008, 12:25:12 PM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
Ugh yeah looks bad.  Sure.  He can do whatever he wants to do and the Packers should just release him if he's not going to be starting.  He is GB and Rogers is horrible.  So no you have completely the opposite.  Green Bay couldn't look any worse.

Why should the Packers Release him, if anything they should trade him.  But releasing him so he can sign someplace else?? I say just let him sit on the bench, or put him on the practice squad.  Im sure his propensity for throwing interception would be perfect for defensive drills. 

« Reply #41 on: July 15, 2008, 12:32:59 PM »

Offline iowa plowboy

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 113
They should trade Favre to the New Jersey Nets.  The Nets need a quarterback since they traded Kidd. 

Wonder if Yi would go over the middle.  Tank Carter sure as hell wouldn't.  But in the tankster, Favre would have a kindred spirit in the art of holding a franchise hostage.

« Reply #42 on: July 15, 2008, 12:38:50 PM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
Funny......

« Reply #43 on: July 15, 2008, 12:39:16 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157

disagree, why should the packers release him and get nothing just because brett wants to unritire for the third year in a row?

he signed a contract, GB isn't obligated to suddenly let him out of it because brett wants to go to a team of his choosing.

dispite his illusions, football is in fact, not revolving around brett farve. im sure if another team thinks he's good enough as a one year starter, they'll cough up some trade bait.
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #44 on: July 15, 2008, 12:42:01 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
It will be interesting to see whether Favre calls Green Bay's bluff.  Do they really want to pay him several million dollars to sit on the bench and brood, while being a media distraction?  How would Rodgers feel, with Favre always looming in the background?