Author Topic: NFL, ex-Pats video assistant Walsh finally agree to Spygate meeting  (Read 11266 times)

Re: NFL, ex-Pats video assistant Walsh finally agree to Spygate meeting
« Reply #15 on: May 07, 2008, 11:30:04 PM »

Offline KJ33

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 78
NY times is reporting that Walsh sent the league 8 tapes. There was no tape of the Rams walk through. Great job Boston Herald and Tomase.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/05/08/sports/football/08nfl.html?_r=1&oref=slogin

Tomase should be fired, he reports something from an anonymous "source" on the eve of the Super Bowl and now Walsh's attorney has said Walsh never said he had that tape.  Reprehensible that Tomase would go with that story with nothing to back it up, awful journalism.  His motivation was clearly to draw attention to himself and/or he has some axe to grind with the Pats.  The timing was in no way coincidental, from what it sounds like, everything Walsh sent in shows the things the Pats were already punished for, meaning this non-story has now gone on for 4+ months.

« Reply #16 on: May 08, 2008, 09:23:15 AM »

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • What a Pub Should Be
Hopefully, its case closed now but its doubtful.  The conspiracy theorists will be up in arms and draw their own conclusions. 

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #17 on: May 08, 2008, 09:28:21 AM »

Offline SShoreFan

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 200
NY times is reporting that Walsh sent the league 8 tapes. There was no tape of the Rams walk through. Great job Boston Herald and Tomase.

Tomase should be fired, he reports something from an anonymous "source" on the eve of the Super Bowl and now Walsh's attorney has said Walsh never said he had that tape.  Reprehensible that Tomase would go with that story with nothing to back it up, awful journalism.  His motivation was clearly to draw attention to himself and/or he has some axe to grind with the Pats.  The timing was in no way coincidental, from what it sounds like, everything Walsh sent in shows the things the Pats were already punished for, meaning this non-story has now gone on for 4+ months.

I read Tomase's column this morning wondering how he'd report on this story.

He's been a pretty responsible journalist -- I wonder if he and the Pats are both lucky that the NFL is just looking in the wrong place?
I cannot begin to tell you how much I love my kids - call me a sap, it's true.

« Reply #18 on: May 08, 2008, 09:47:24 AM »

Offline connerhenry43

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 163
i am watching espn news and they report something like this. the quote is not 100% correctm, but basically it was this.

"Matt Walsh has sent 8 videotapes to the NFL. There were taped signals of
the browns, bills, dolphins.....Not among them was the walk through of the
Rams before Super Bowl 36."

The insinuation of course is that such a tape exists, and he either simply did not send it, or he is not the one who has it. But of course i hope everyone seees by now that no walk through was ever taped, and tomassse, walsh, spector, matt fish, and the legions of patriot haters out there all look foolish. Everyone knows that by now, and everyone knows matt walsh has been lying in an effort to smear the Patriots (which worked, by the way). but instead of simply apologizing, these people will bury this story, ignore the fact that matt walsh has less credibility than jose canseco, and others will cry civer up.

just shows when you do not play nice with the media, mr belichick, they will come back to haunt you, you can bet on that.
"Maybe now you'll never slime a guy with a positron collider, huh?"

« Reply #19 on: May 08, 2008, 10:02:50 AM »

Offline shookones99

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 73

He's like that reporter from The Wire.  An "anonymous source"   lol
When I'm in the gym...I like to grunt when  I get my swell on... That way everyone can see how jacked and tan I am.

« Reply #20 on: May 08, 2008, 10:07:03 AM »

Offline CoachCowens

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 9

I read Tomase's column this morning wondering how he'd report on this story.

He's been a pretty responsible journalist -- I wonder if he and the Pats are both lucky that the NFL is just looking in the wrong place?

For some reason the usual comments section on the new Tomase article is missing and he forgets to mention he was the one who broke the story. Shocker!!

« Reply #21 on: May 08, 2008, 10:41:30 PM »

Offline CoachCowens

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 9
I thought this was pretty funny. Someone started an online petition for an explanation and apology from Tomase and the Herald.

http://www.petitiononline.com/5808NFL/petition.html

« Reply #22 on: June 17, 2008, 09:58:35 AM »

Offline Robb

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 128
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3448051

In an update to the story, it took Sen. Arlan Specter an additional five months to realize exactly what every other American citizen realized when he initially suggested Congress look into the scandal:  Congress probably has more important things to do.

I also really enjoyed this tidbit:

As for other sports scandals, Specter said he's "not interested" in recent allegations made by former NBA referee Tim Donaghy claiming that the league influenced referees as to the outcome of playoff games.
We're the ones we've been waiting for.