Author Topic: 2009/2010 off season looks busy for the b's  (Read 3092 times)

2009/2010 off season looks busy for the b's
« on: January 26, 2009, 02:10:32 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
They will have about 12 million dollars to sign thomas, krecji , kessel, hunwick. Problem is that how do you divide the pie properly??

I can see a scenerio where you sign krecji and kessel to 4 million per year deals for 4 years , then 3 million per year for another 2 to 3 years but i doubt hunwick will just sign for 1 million dollars which would be all left from the off season fund.

Bruins will also have to part ways with manny fernandez, pj axeson, stephen yelle, kobasew.

I'd hate to give up a great player like savard but we might have to trade him to make all of this work(because bergeron won't retire and sturm is damaged goods). Savard is a great player and will be productive for years to come but we can't lose kessel, krecji, hunwick and we do need goaltending. (plus with another headache of needing cash to sign lucic, wheeler, rask years soon after)

any suggestions?

Re: 2009/2010 off season looks busy for the b's
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2009, 03:57:06 AM »

Offline furball

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 95
Bergeron needs to be let go (traded or bought out).  I hate to say it, I'm a big fan of his and all but they can't pay him as much as they are and have him play 20 games a season.  Now, he may fully recover from his head injuries but then they may be recurring.  Pat lafontaine, for instance, never recovered completely.  Right now Bergie is third on the depth chart behind Savy and Krecji anyways. 

They need to keep thier top two lines together.  Lucic-Savy-Kessel  and Wheeler-Krecji-Ryder.  Those two lines are as good as any pair in Hockey.  After that they can piece male a third line.  Hopefully Sobotka can fill in at the third line center then they keep one of Kobasew or Sturm and maybe St.Pierre to fill out the line.  Bu this isn't an issue for a while.  More importantly they need to finish out this season. 

Re: 2009/2010 off season looks busy for the b's
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2009, 07:21:53 AM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157
They will have about 12 million dollars to sign thomas, krecji , kessel, hunwick. Problem is that how do you divide the pie properly??

I can see a scenerio where you sign krecji and kessel to 4 million per year deals for 4 years , then 3 million per year for another 2 to 3 years but i doubt hunwick will just sign for 1 million dollars which would be all left from the off season fund.

Bruins will also have to part ways with manny fernandez, pj axeson, stephen yelle, kobasew.

I'd hate to give up a great player like savard but we might have to trade him to make all of this work(because bergeron won't retire and sturm is damaged goods). Savard is a great player and will be productive for years to come but we can't lose kessel, krecji, hunwick and we do need goaltending. (plus with another headache of needing cash to sign lucic, wheeler, rask years soon after)

any suggestions?

kill thier current owner and replace jacobs with someone competent, or all those guys will be gone for nothing in return. He is utter trash as an owner with regardess to paying players we ned to win.

What, me still bitter over the last 20 years?
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion