Author Topic: OT: I need Wedding Advice  (Read 2604 times)

OT: I need Wedding Advice
« on: July 21, 2008, 12:54:48 PM »

Offline wildo05

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 21
So I will be getting married at the end of August. I have been trying to think of a unique personalized gift to give to each of my groomsmen. I do not want to get your standard flask or whatever. I am having a major brain cramp thinking of this. If anyone has a good idea I would really appreciate it!

Thanks guys and girls!

:-[
A winner is someone who recognizes his God- given talents, works his tail off to develop them into skills, and uses these skills to accomplish his goals." - Larry Joe Bird

"Anything is Possible!" - KG

"I'm just surprised he wasn't whining about the foul calls." - Glen "Doc" Rivers (6-11-08)

Re: OT: I need Wedding Advice
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2008, 01:02:24 PM »

Offline edgeheart

• Maine Celtic
  • Tommy Points: 0

I just got married last month and gave my groomsmen cufflinks. Nobody gave a crap about getting a gift! lol. Take them all to dinner instead and tell them it's your way of saying thanks for their friendship.

« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2008, 01:05:07 PM »

Offline help D

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 2
Since you are posting this on Celticsblog, I will assume you want some backup for when you tell your fiance that you're getting the groomsmen personalized celtics jerseys and that they will be wearing them for the ceremony. It's a great idea, I say go for it!

« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2008, 01:06:02 PM »

Offline Celtix

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 5
IOU's for a 2008-2009 Celtics ticket.  Take them all as a group.

« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2008, 01:16:51 PM »

Offline ConnerHenry

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 59
My advice -- do something memorable and different. Cufflinks, flasks and business card holders have been done and people tend to forget about them. Also, if you're like me, they become awkwardly obsolete when you get divorced in 5-7 years.

Go camping in the mountains and grill out, rent a place at the beach for a weekend and go surfing and play wiffleball on the beach.

The best gift is a story you can all share in for years to come

« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2008, 01:18:47 PM »

Offline SShoreFan 2.0

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 201

I have been in countless weddings and I can not recall any gift that I got (or gave) that meant a lot.  They just sort of pile up and become insignificant over time......but what doesn't become insignificant is time. 

I support the taking the guys (or one-on-one) out to dinner after the wedding, catch up on stories and say thank you.  Time and memories are much more valuable than a nice trinket.

Just my

have fun, memories are what you'll treasure most.
I love my kids, call me a sap - it's true.

« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2008, 01:29:40 PM »

Offline bbc3341

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 23
cash
Now, on to 18...

« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2008, 01:34:28 PM »

Offline Brendan

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 72
I gave money clips, my three brothers all use them all the time, all were going wallet before then, so it was a great gift, but by your standards, functional.

« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2008, 01:40:04 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup
All of the "obligatory" aspects of weddings are kind of sickening.  My chief concern was with what beer was being served and what was said in the ceremony. 

That said, I had a very nice wedding and gave out cedar boxes with faux sketched scrimshaw on the covers and the groomsmans intials on the inside.    They made for a fine piece to put all of the other crap they'd received from other weddings in ;D
Yup