Author Topic: Celtics Orlando Updates  (Read 30210 times)

Re: Celtics Orlando Updates
« Reply #120 on: July 16, 2020, 02:09:32 PM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 414
Kemba knee issue is scary..been out since March and still hurting, not good...
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #121 on: July 16, 2020, 02:50:41 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
I keep seeing stuff here about Kemba...

Is there any "Official" word with his situation?

I mean - BOS has had a history of keeping things cloudy....and I think some of this was strategic, under Danny, lol....

Anyone here remember The KG Knee issue? Seems like there was never an official "He's done for the year" message with him.......and I think this was on purpose..

KG went on to hound not only Ben Gordon but that entire Bulls team in that epic playoff series....all under the guise of him returning "SOON" it seemed....

I think KG on the sidelines won us a game or two that playoff run. Not many players can have that kind of effect from the SIDELINES.

« Reply #122 on: July 16, 2020, 02:57:16 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup

I mean - BOS has had a history of keeping things cloudy....and I think some of this was strategic, under Danny, lol....

Anyone here remember The KG Knee issue? Seems like there was never an official "He's done for the year" message with him.......and I think this was on purpose..

KG went on to hound not only Ben Gordon but that entire Bulls team in that epic playoff series....all under the guise of him returning "SOON" it seemed....

I think KG on the sidelines won us a game or two that playoff run. Not many players can have that kind of effect from the SIDELINES.

I think you're overrating KG's effect and underrating Scal's game face.
Yup

« Reply #123 on: July 16, 2020, 02:59:31 PM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 998
Oladipo now likely to play in Bubble.  This makes Indy a tough first round match up if they slide to 6 seed. Heck, maybe they don't slide and we get stuck playing Sixers in first round.

Regardless of who the Celtics play between Indy and Philly, it'll be a tough Round 1 matchup. Maybe if the Raptors start losing games and Boston starts winning games they may end up as the 2 seed!

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #124 on: July 16, 2020, 03:32:08 PM »

Offline gift

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 291

This is an example of how pictures can be deceiving. Ben Gordon had to walk by Scal on the bench. By the time he reached Garnett, his soul was already gone.

« Reply #125 on: July 16, 2020, 03:51:05 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis

This is an example of how pictures can be deceiving. Ben Gordon had to walk by Scal on the bench. By the time he reached Garnett, his soul was already gone.

lol both you and Redz probably right.

I don't think many players can perform well through this....maybe Kobe, Larry or Michael?

Those three seemed to play harder the more you antagonized them.

« Reply #126 on: July 16, 2020, 04:20:56 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544

;)

« Reply #127 on: July 16, 2020, 04:49:20 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis

;)

lol.

I think Danny's got a plan...even with Kemba. He milked the KG situation....I don't think even KG knew what was going on - but Danny did.

For all we know Kemba's getting ready to go off for 28 ppg.

« Reply #128 on: July 16, 2020, 07:01:41 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
I figured after how this went from Celtics Orlando updates to literally the entire NBA bubble.

Welcome To The Bubble - Episode #3 Matisse Thybulle is premiering his 3rd right now.

Check it out!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IdhFE2n1K-c
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #129 on: July 19, 2020, 06:29:58 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
“I worked on it so much with Joe, it’s hard for me to fall back into where I would normally shoot,” Langford told reporters via Zoom on Friday. “I may shoot like one, two here and there like my old jumper but really it’s never a problem any more. It’s more fluid, it’s more natural to me now,  so it’s much easier.”

Mazzulla told MassLive in December that Langford’s relapses into his old shooting form during practice are intentional -- Langford likes to tweak the assistant coach.

“It’s little stuff like that that I appreciate and I think is funny,” Mazzulla said. “But he does that -- if he’s making 100 shots, 10 of them he shoots just to p--- me off.”

“On the defensive end, things definitely slowed down a lot,” Langford said. “I was watching a lot of film when I wasn’t playing and a bunch when I was playing, and it made when I got out there a lot easier for me. I felt like my defense was hitting a real good stride before the season ended.”

Still, he says he’s ready for whatever.

“I’m just going to keep the same mindset as I had,” Langford said. “I felt like I had the right mindset during the season just staying ready, never knowing when my name was going to be called, but when it is called, be ready and make the most of it. So I’m just going to go into that and play my hardest when I get out there just like I did. Just do whatever it takes to help the team win.”

It would be nice if Langford's shot really did improve. It would absolutely do wonders for him.

« Reply #130 on: July 19, 2020, 07:40:35 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
“I worked on it so much with Joe, it’s hard for me to fall back into where I would normally shoot,” Langford told reporters via Zoom on Friday. “I may shoot like one, two here and there like my old jumper but really it’s never a problem any more. It’s more fluid, it’s more natural to me now,  so it’s much easier.”

Mazzulla told MassLive in December that Langford’s relapses into his old shooting form during practice are intentional -- Langford likes to tweak the assistant coach.

“It’s little stuff like that that I appreciate and I think is funny,” Mazzulla said. “But he does that -- if he’s making 100 shots, 10 of them he shoots just to p--- me off.”

“On the defensive end, things definitely slowed down a lot,” Langford said. “I was watching a lot of film when I wasn’t playing and a bunch when I was playing, and it made when I got out there a lot easier for me. I felt like my defense was hitting a real good stride before the season ended.”

“I’m just going to keep the same mindset as I had,” Langford said. “I felt like I had the right mindset during the season just staying ready, never knowing when my name was going to be called, but when it is called, be ready and make the most of it. So I’m just going to go into that and play my hardest when I get out there just like I did. Just do whatever it takes to help the team win.”

It would be nice if Langford's shot really did improve. It would absolutely do wonders for him.
Yeah, especially - as he says - with how good his defence had been looking. He’s a really physically strong player for one as young as he is
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #131 on: July 19, 2020, 10:09:28 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3177

Yeah, especially - as he says - with how good his defence had been looking. He’s a really physically strong player for one as young as he is

I really like Romeo but he needs to keep working his butt off to be what he could be.

« Reply #132 on: July 19, 2020, 10:18:09 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

I really like Romeo but he needs to keep working his butt off to be what he could be.
Oh no doubt. I think he has really high potential. He might have to work really hard for minutes for a while, like AB, but it could be quite useful for him.
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #133 on: July 19, 2020, 10:21:38 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3177

Oh no doubt. I think he has really high potential. He might have to work really hard for minutes for a while, like AB, but it could be quite useful for him.

Romeo has a much higher ceiling than Bradley but if he works as hard as Bradley, I will be very happy!

« Reply #134 on: July 19, 2020, 10:34:44 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas

You could literally say the same for every player drafted in the lottery. At the end of the day, it's really on Romeo to push himself.

I hope he reaches his potential. He seems like the only rookie I've seen in a while with us, who had solid perimeter defense, and didn't look completely lost. While sporting some nice ability to get inside., I think that's one important key that we need for him going forward. If he can consistently get inside, it opens up so many options for us offensively.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2020, 11:03:36 PM by Monkhouse »