Author Topic: Would it be better for LA to get the one seed in the west?  (Read 1326 times)

Would it be better for LA to get the one seed in the west?
« on: April 05, 2011, 11:03:40 PM »

Offline CaliCeltics

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 20
  • Splaaaaash
They would have to face the winner of the Thunder/Nuggets series, and either would be a tough matchup even WITH homecourt advantage. I was talking it over with a friend, and he believes it would be harder road for the Lakers after the first round matchup which we know will be easy for them regardless. Let the Spurs and Mavs battle it out in the second round and if the Lakers are still there, we have the matchup we all expected. I prefer them to get the one seed because they could handle Dallas with ease in my opinion..
Heroes Get Remembered, Legends Never Die.

Re: Would it be better for LA to get the one seed in the west?
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2011, 11:13:42 PM »

Offline action781

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 609
I agree.  I think LA's second best player (Pau) can arguably outplay Dallas' best player (Dirk).  I've absolutely seen it happen before.  That spells bad news for the Mavs in a 7 game series against LA.  I think LA crushes them.

I also would like to see LA play OKC in the playoffs.  Thabo can guard Kobe decently.  Perk and Ibaka would be a nice defensive match for Bynum and Gasol.  Artest would matchup against Durant.  Would Kobe guard Westbrook?  No way Fisher can stay with him, but Fisher can guard Thabo easily.  I really don't care who we play in the Finals, but I'd just like to see this matchup because I like to see good basketball, especially good defense, and these matchups would be absolutely fantastic.  I think it would have a little of that rivalry edge to it as well considering last season's series and Perk coming over to OKC.
2020 CelticsStrong All-2000s Draft -- Utah Jazz

Finals Starters:  Jason Kidd - Reggie Miller - PJ Tucker - Al Horford - Shaq
Bench:  Rajon Rondo - Trae Young - Marcus Smart - Jaylen Brown -  Peja Stojakovic - Jamal Mashburn - Carlos Boozer - Tristan Thompson - Mehmet Okur

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2011, 11:17:30 PM »

Online CelticSooner

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 874
  • GOT IT!!!
Yes.

I would like to see LA have to go through OKC and San Antonio. I think they'll end up with the 2nd seed though.

« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2011, 11:38:43 PM »

Offline OsirusCeltics

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 198
It'll be better if the Lakers were the 9th seed

« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2011, 11:48:50 PM »

Offline CaliCeltics

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 20
  • Splaaaaash
It would definitely make the road harder, and if the Thunder do pull it out against a hungry Nuggets team, they definitely have a chance at a great series against LA. The 2 seed is like a gift.  :-X
Heroes Get Remembered, Legends Never Die.