Author Topic: Patriots 2017 season  (Read 76870 times)

Re: Patriots 2017 season
« Reply #75 on: October 15, 2017, 01:17:46 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
So ... when does Matt Patricia come back from vacation?
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #76 on: October 15, 2017, 01:35:58 PM »

Offline trickybilly

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 617
Rough luck here.
"Gimme the ball, gimme the ball". Freddy Quimby, 1994.

« Reply #77 on: October 15, 2017, 02:08:05 PM »

Offline A Future of Stevens

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 486
Trending in the right direction. Also I don't know how other teams stop Gronk. He's just not fair.
#JKJB

« Reply #78 on: October 15, 2017, 02:28:02 PM »

Online rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325
So ... when does Matt Patricia come back from vacation?

A valid question. Wherever he is, he must have the worst ulcer in the world right about now.

Trending in the right direction. Also I don't know how other teams stop Gronk. He's just not fair.

On what are you basing this?
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #79 on: October 15, 2017, 02:41:23 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
We have no business being in this game. Also, Gronk.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #80 on: October 15, 2017, 02:42:32 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
PI and hope the refs swallow the flag.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #81 on: October 15, 2017, 03:44:19 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
That "fumble out of the end zone" was one of the most puzzling calls I've ever seen.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #82 on: October 15, 2017, 03:59:36 PM »

Online BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1212
That "fumble out of the end zone" was one of the most puzzling calls I've ever seen.

Yeah, that looks like a horrible call by the refs. I don't know how there was enough evidence to change that call
I'm bitter.

« Reply #83 on: October 15, 2017, 04:09:29 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

Yeah, that looks like a horrible call by the refs. I don't know how there was enough evidence to change that call

I hate seeing something like that tarnish a really competitive game.

Nice (if not encouraging) win for the Pats, but all the focus will be on the refs.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #84 on: October 15, 2017, 08:19:43 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!

Nice (if not encouraging) win for the Pats, but all the focus will be on the refs.

Yeah, I went to the bathroom thinking it was 24-21, came back and was SHOCKED to see NE with the ball still up 24-14...  :o

That was a bad overturn, and even if he juggled the ball, he clearly had possession as he hit the pylon. Should have been a TD.

Glad the Pats came back though (it was looking real ugly especially when Brady threw an INT already down 14-0), but honestly, while the defense has improved a bit, the offense has gotten shaky as well (although Offensive Line actually did decent today).

NEED to be healthy as possible for next week, otherwise a hungry ATL team seeking vengeance will absolutely STOMP the Pats.  :(

Also, Pats have allowed EVERY QB that's faced them to throw for over 300 yards, and pass rush is still NONEXISTENT, which means Matt Ryan could probably go for 500 yards lol... Hopefully TB12 and the offense can play better and keep up.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #85 on: October 15, 2017, 10:24:06 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Second week in a row that the score should have been tied or worse if not for totally avoidable errors or bad calls that went against the opponent.

Pats have just one convincing win on the season.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #86 on: October 15, 2017, 11:08:40 PM »

• Satch Sanders
I think there are plenty of reasons to be legitimately concerned about this Patriots team. No way this Jets team should've kept it that close.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #87 on: October 15, 2017, 11:18:31 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!
I think there are plenty of reasons to be legitimately concerned about this Patriots team. No way this Jets team should've kept it that close.

OFF TOPIC: Giants beating Broncos on the road 20-3 LOL.

I guess the Pats should feel a bit fortunate the AFC is fairly wide open still. OAK is 2-4, PIT and HOU are inconsistent, now DEN look real iffy on offense. KC still the best of AFC now but today proves they aren't "invincible" either.

Regardless, Pats still need to improve and BB has to make some trades and find upgrades in certain areas the coming few weeks (preferably at Offensive Tackle and a pass rusher).

But the way they have played so far... ATL will stomp them next week. Only positive is that MIA and BUF have beaten them so I guess there's hope for us lol?
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #88 on: October 15, 2017, 11:41:37 PM »

• Satch Sanders

OFF TOPIC: Giants beating Broncos on the road 20-3 LOL.

I guess the Pats should feel a bit fortunate the AFC is fairly wide open still. OAK is 2-4, PIT and HOU are inconsistent, now DEN look real iffy on offense. KC still the best of AFC now but today proves they aren't "invincible" either.

Regardless, Pats still need to improve and BB has to make some trades and find upgrades in certain areas the coming few weeks (preferably at Offensive Tackle and a pass rusher).

But the way they have played so far... ATL will stomp them next week. Only positive is that MIA and BUF have beaten them so I guess there's hope for us lol?

To me, KC seems like the team that is always a "contender" but never really is. And ATL really seems off kilter right now, losing to MIA today, and Ryan has been pretty bad the whole season (he's on my fantasy team, unfortunately). But regardless of other teams, yes, NE certainly has some big weaknesses to improve upon.

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #89 on: October 15, 2017, 11:42:37 PM »

Offline Fan from VT

• NCE
  • Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 777

Fortunately it was the right call:

http://www.footballzebras.com/2017/10/15/jets-lose-touchdown-ball-tight-replay-reversal/

Seferian-Jenkins bobbles the ball at the 1-yard line and subsequently re-controls the ball. The bobble makes the ball a “loose ball” under the rules. Any loose ball (which includes passes) follows the catch process to establish possession. It may seem like an arbitrary designation, but this is a clear way to bookend loose ball calls by keeping all loose balls consistent, no matter how they occur. Seferian-Jenkins is going to the ground as he regains control of the ball, and lands out of bounds in the end zone. This takes the ball, still considered loose, out of bounds in the end zone, which is a touchback and loss of possession.