Author Topic: Lonzo Ball Thread (Merged)  (Read 92215 times)

Re: Lonzo Ball Thread (Merged)
« Reply #105 on: February 10, 2017, 10:50:40 AM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238
I really like Ball. The thing is he is always playing with a knee pad on his left knee. I mean, you wear these things for a reason. If he were 100% healthy he wouldn't have to use a knee pad.

I made a quick google search about it and the only thing I found was this tweet from 2015

''Knee hurt so much can't sleep😑''

https://twitter.com/zo2_/status/634648290793881600

Has anyone read anything suspicious about his injury history?

Well that's scary. Good find.

How about Fultz yesterday as a DNP because of his knee?  The same knee that he hurt earlier in the season against the Zags?

I get the Ball concern about the knee and don't know if it's an issue long-term, but at least he is wearing something to support it. Can you tell if it's a support or just padding in case he goes to the floor?  Not sure myself.

What I don't get is NBA players (or anybody playing sports for that matter) who don't wear supports after serious injury. Jabari Parker had no knee brace/support on when he just got hurt. I get the movement restriction thing, if that is even an issue, but is worth serious injury again not to wear them?

How many young players learn the hard way about that? Especially with not taping ankles, even after they've had bad sprains?

« Reply #106 on: February 10, 2017, 12:00:43 PM »

Offline Jvalin

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 737
Can you tell if it's a support or just padding in case he goes to the floor?  Not sure myself.
I guess it's a support because he wears just one knee pad (always on his left knee). If he was worried about falling to the floor he would probably wear pads on both knees.

« Reply #107 on: February 12, 2017, 05:45:01 PM »

Offline chilidawg

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 261
Just gotta say I love watching this kid play.  Hope he or Jackson is our pick.

« Reply #108 on: February 13, 2017, 11:20:13 AM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136
 Watched UCLA play the last two games last night on DVR. Two games ago vs The #5 ranked Oregon Ducks.

Ball had a subpar game, but then came crunch time. He went all and one at the top of the key, dribiling between his legs, crossovers, and then exploded to the hoop for a layup in crunch time.

Next possession in crunch time he drills a 30 footer from three, just unconscious, to seal the game. five points in the final two minutes to beat the Oregon Ducks.

Definitely has the clutch Jean.

Last game against Oregon state he dominates the whole game. 9 for 12 from the field. 22 points 6 boards 9 dimes.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2017, 11:53:27 AM by KG Living Legend »

« Reply #109 on: February 15, 2017, 12:36:31 AM »

Offline Sixth Man

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 82
Watched UCLA play the last two games last night on DVR. Two games ago vs The #5 ranked Oregon Ducks.

Ball had a subpar game, but then came crunch time. He went all and one at the top of the key, dribiling between his legs, crossovers, and then exploded to the hoop for a layup in crunch time.

Next possession in crunch time he drills a 30 footer from three, just unconscious, to seal the game. five points in the final two minutes to beat the Oregon Ducks.

Last game against Oregon state he dominates the whole game. 9 for 12 from the field. 22 points 6 boards 9 dimes.

Who exactly is 'Jean?'  His mother? 

« Reply #110 on: February 15, 2017, 05:57:43 PM »

Offline Denis998

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 388
  • Rutgers '17
https://youtu.be/qmN-LUKxiFk

If lonzo is anything close to the likeness of his dad then I do not want him to be anywhere near the Celtics.

« Reply #111 on: February 19, 2017, 03:37:07 AM »

Offline slightly biased bias fan

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 310
Lonzo Ball (UCLA) Full highlights vs USC // 2.18.17 // 15 Pts, 8 Ast, 8 Reb

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vaxRqpSQerM

« Reply #112 on: February 19, 2017, 05:24:13 AM »

Offline mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 598

Who exactly is 'Jean?'  His mother?

LOL.

I think he meant "gene".

« Reply #113 on: February 25, 2017, 09:18:06 PM »

Offline Denis998

• Ray Allen
  • Rutgers '17
Lonzo Ball's dad is saying his son will ONLY play for the LAKERS

https://twitter.com/ironmikeluke/status/835611155301183492

« Reply #114 on: February 25, 2017, 09:21:37 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619

Looks like there's a 50-50 chance he goes back to school next year, then.

Honestly, Mr. Ball is the biggest reason I'm not interested in Lonzo.  I'm fairly sure he feels he should coach whatever team his son winds up on.

« Reply #115 on: February 25, 2017, 09:31:27 PM »

Offline Denis998

• Ray Allen
  • Rutgers '17

Honestly, Mr. Ball is the biggest reason I'm not interested in Lonzo.  I'm fairly sure he feels he should coach whatever team his son winds up on.
Tha'ts what he essentially does with his younger sons. He only lets his kids play for their high school team on the condition they run an offense that directly benefits their game. If you watch some film of LaMelo, he can be seen cherry picking to inflate points, and that his team plays 4:5 on defense.

Also, I feel Lonzo would have similar personality traits to that of his dad's (maybe to not the same extant), and I would hate to have a player that arrogant and spoiled on our team.

« Reply #116 on: February 25, 2017, 09:31:44 PM »

Offline mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 598

And this is why there is no surefire #1 in this draft. Kid might pull a Brian Shaw on us and play on Italy. Fultz strikes me as another Okafor in this draft that was hyped by his scoring prowess and not much else.

« Reply #117 on: February 25, 2017, 09:37:22 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619

And this is why there is no surefire #1 in this draft. Kid might pull a Brian Shaw on us and play on Italy. Fultz strikes me as another Okafor in this draft that was hyped by his scoring prowess and not much else.

You're very wrong on Fultz, but there's already a thread devoted to him, so I won't say more.

« Reply #118 on: February 25, 2017, 09:46:37 PM »

Offline A Future of Stevens

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 486
Dont want anything to do with this kid at this point. His dad was a red flag for me before, now its a redder flag. Get this laker loving crap out of my house. If he cant realize we are a much better situation for him, and all he cares about is the glitz and glam instead of basketball forget him.

Fultz or Jackson or trade the pick. Make a case for Tatum and I will listen, but Ball is dead to me. We dont need this Kardashian-esque drama on our team.
#JKJB

« Reply #119 on: February 25, 2017, 09:55:19 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136

Thus is nonsense. Screw his stupid Father. He means we'll but he's a moron. He's a typical make me Rich Dad.

Lonzo is not going to the Lakers, he's going to the team that drafted him.

I don't care about Lamelo who sucks and needs to cherry pick.

Lonzo is the only NBA player in the family and he's the opposite of a cherry picker, he's the most unselfish teamate you will ever lay your eyes on.

Future Hall of famer.