Poll

(will fill out this part later)

Chief:  Karate Kid positivity
Redz: Inventor of Pick A Player Game and never gives up on C's
Edgar: loves us & Delonte, hates Kobe etc and is hell bent on catching Redz in TPs
Reggie's Ghost: Sig master supreme & C's document maker
cdif: responsible for Super Off  Topic and Squirrel threads
Nickagneta: Celtic Blog's personal puppy dog
wdleehi: got rid of Caveman sig
SSFan: came back
Tnerb02: Only in it for the TPs
FLCeltsFan (defending champ): game thread & links goddess
RebusRankin: didn't really do anything, but chicks dig Canadians with lots of TPs
Bassthumper: undying love for Scal & a return to CB
MattG12: listmaster
Casperian: booted from apartment for screaming at TV at 5 AM (his time)during the Finals
Truck Lewis: graduating & getting engaged
QuinielaBox: drove through a storm to go to a C's game in Oklahoma
celticmaestro: keeps the game on in the background while getting lucky
threats13:  started ugliest player poll
Drucci: created Sasha parody video and CB Map
Jsaad: girlfriend misery thread
Celtic: bring Will Solomon back
kw10:  puppy face guilt
Silas: suggests the power of the unexpressed thought
darklord: will use the powers the dark side against all if he loses

Author Topic: 2nd Annual TP Pageant Poll Is Up & Unlocked (VOTE)  (Read 45039 times)

Re: 2nd Annual TP Pageant
« Reply #30 on: May 21, 2009, 11:39:57 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
i should win cause i never ever gave up on scalabrine..i drove the bandwagon that many people climbed on through the playoffs. i was the first last season to recognize "powe pimpin" was a baller. i called him "pimpin" cause he was gettin mo and mo minutes from doc everytime he played..he hustle those minutes when others said trade him. i should win cause i came back to the C's  blog...i missed my celtic's home...life wasnt the same without u guys....~wiping tears~

*sippin*
Bass you're getting a vote from me just for coining the phrase "Powe pimpin". Without a doubt a Celticsblog Hall of Fame phrase!!!

thank u for your vote sir....

and if elected i will put a 40oz ~u choose your flavor~ in every drinkin age boston celtic's fan homes~

*guzzillin*
I'm partial to Haffenreffer Private Stock and Colt45 my man.

« Reply #31 on: May 21, 2009, 11:46:27 PM »

Offline Casperian

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 545
1. Because I had to move to a new apartment after last year´s playoffs, since I was screaming at my TV at 5:00 in the morning too often. (true story)

2. Because I live in europe and stayed awake for almost every game, even if it meant only 3 hours of sleep before I had to go to work.

3. Because my Doc told me that I have Diabetes, but I didn´t care and ate candy and drank cola during the games, just because it´s part of my game-routine, and I didn´t want to mess with our mojo.

4. Because I gave other posters around 1.000 TPs over the course of this season without mentioning it. (Hmm...)

5. Because I have a fantastic post/TP ratio even if I´m not a ManU fan or part of the cool clique on CB. (and I only won one PAPOUG)

6. Because I´m humble  :P

7. Because I was one of the first and very few posters who predicted that we´ll regret last off-season, that Tony Allen won´t contribute, that BBD will play a major role in our playoff run if he only gets some confidence in his shot, that Marbury and Moore were bad (read: non-productive) additions, and many more. I´d say my predictions were about 90% right.

8. Because I never make "I told you so" posts.  8)

9. Because my country is full of Lakers and Cavs fans (and I mean, more than 90% of the bball fans here, even my little brother thinks Kobe is the GOAT), and I never met another Celtics fan in my life, so I had to endure a lot of jokes over the last 20 years whenever I wanted to talk about basketball.

10. Because 10 reasons sound better than 9.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2009, 12:01:45 AM by Casperian »
In the summer of 2017, I predicted this team would not win a championship for the next 10 years.

3 down, 7 to go.

« Reply #32 on: May 21, 2009, 11:48:18 PM »

Offline BASS_THUMPER

• Scal's #1 Fan
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 5349
  • Thumper of the BASS!
i should win cause i never ever gave up on scalabrine..i drove the bandwagon that many people climbed on through the playoffs. i was the first last season to recognize "powe pimpin" was a baller. i called him "pimpin" cause he was gettin mo and mo minutes from doc everytime he played..he hustle those minutes when others said trade him. i should win cause i came back to the C's  blog...i missed my celtic's home...life wasnt the same without u guys....~wiping tears~

*sippin*
Bass you're getting a vote from me just for coining the phrase "Powe pimpin". Without a doubt a Celticsblog Hall of Fame phrase!!!

thank u for your vote sir....

and if elected i will put a 40oz ~u choose your flavor~ in every drinkin age boston celtic's fan homes~

*guzzillin*
I'm partial to Haffenreffer Private Stock and Colt45 my man.

well sir me u and fred sanford will sip on one and talk about the rest

« Reply #33 on: May 21, 2009, 11:54:17 PM »

Offline BASS_THUMPER

• Scal's #1 Fan
  • Ed Macauley
  • Thumper of the BASS!

and then we will go and chill with billy dee williams and the ladies and get anutha 24oz of colt 45~

« Reply #34 on: May 21, 2009, 11:58:59 PM »

Offline BASS_THUMPER

• Scal's #1 Fan
  • Ed Macauley
  • Thumper of the BASS!
also dark lord might not know but

lando drank a 40oz before every fight scene in empire strikes back and return of the jedi~

« Reply #35 on: May 22, 2009, 12:51:10 AM »

Offline Truck Lewis

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 1053
  • Reggie "Truck" Lewis
because i am graduating from law school in 13 hours...and my grades suffered tremendously because of my devotion to the celts....playoffs are always at the time of finals...and as a result remain unemployed

and also because i will be engaged within the next few weeks....yikes

also...sorry BT, my heart goes out to you and your fam
Looking for a Sig designer....obviously i will be greatful with tps.

Looking for a Wire - Rondo theme....PM with ideas and I'll tp

« Reply #36 on: May 22, 2009, 12:57:47 AM »

Offline QuinielaBox

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 139
I made the 164 mile drive down to Oklahoma City on November 5, 2008 in the middle of the week through a vicious thunderstorm with Hail and spinning cigar shaped clouds in Edmonds, OK. I got my 1st Celtics win in 7 years and turned around to went to work the next day on 3 hours sleep.

Now for the 18 signs that you are a Celtics fan and run on Green Koolaid:

1. You fell out of the Boston Garden rafters head 1st through the hoop, lost your basketball talent and came into life.

2. You have watched every game in the past 40 years or plan on doing so for the next 40.

3. You have been a member of all the Celtics blogs, messageboards, and discussion groups.

4. During the lean years, you memorized the probabilities of where you will pick.

5. In a triple OT game starting at 9:00 PM Eastern time and had to catch the 12:10AM train to South Acton, you said fudge it and stayed to the end of the game to see Glen McDonald hit his three buckets.

6. Bill Russell is the greatest basketball player of all time.

7. Phil Jackson's coaching record is bogus because he cherry picks his coaching opportunities. Red Auerbach built the team and traded two of stars for the draft rights to Bill Russell.

8. Antione Walker is the most talked about Celtics player in history and has been traded to every team for every player.

9. Your Celtic TV room has 17 Celtics Championship banners hanging down plus all the memorabelia.

10. Your child's first words are Larry Bird or Paul Pierce.

11. You wonder why that Chris Wallace picked Kedrick Brown ahead of Zach Randolph or Joe Forte ahead of Tony Parker. Then Chris Wallace turns around and tells you that the Celtics don't use a PG in their system and they traded Joe Forte for financial reasons (part of that Vin Baker) deal.

12. You favorited all of Johnny Mosts classic calls on Youtube.

13. You are watching old classic Celtic moments on Youtube instead of watching the Magic take on Lebron.

14. You are going over all the trade combinations with Scalabrine and the Allens to get the key bench player.

15. You have downloaded all the shows of Celtics Stuff Live.

16. The referees have been out to screw the Celtics since 1965.

17. The Celtics will win their 18th title in 2010.

18. At the end of your life, you take your favorite path (in my case the Clubhouse at St Andrews) to Boston Garden and Red Auerbach will greet you and hand you a Victory Cigar. And you become a leprecahn and listen to John Kiley play his organ.

I'm sure there are more reasons like you ignore your cardiologist who advised to stop watching Celtics basketball but I digress.
Wins are few, times are hard. Here is your bleeping St Patricks Day Card.

« Reply #37 on: May 22, 2009, 01:03:00 AM »

Offline Casperian

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 545

Wow, my reasons look pretty lame compared to your list...
In the summer of 2017, I predicted this team would not win a championship for the next 10 years.

3 down, 7 to go.

« Reply #38 on: May 22, 2009, 01:26:53 AM »

Offline ACF

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1157
  • A Celtic Fan
Yeah yeah family drama, life is hard, yackety shmackety, everyone has stuff like that going on, because life sucks for everyone, waaah waaaah waaaah give me the tommy points.

Even Ray Allen admires your classy ways.

« Reply #39 on: May 22, 2009, 01:55:09 AM »

Offline Rondo_is_better

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 495
  • R.I.P. Nate Dogg
Yeah yeah family drama, life is hard, yackety shmackety, everyone has stuff like that going on, because life sucks for everyone, waaah waaaah waaaah give me the tommy points.

Who says stuff like that? Seriously. My condolences BT. 
Grab a few boards, keep the TO's under 14, close out on shooters and we'll win.

« Reply #40 on: May 22, 2009, 02:16:04 AM »

Offline ACF

• Danny Ainge
  • A Celtic Fan

I figured I didn't have to add
a smiley, I thought the sarcasm
in my post was obvious. Of course
my heart goes out to BT. I know
this stuff, I lost my father to
cancer last year. Nuff said?
Or was this not directed at me?  :-\

« Reply #41 on: May 22, 2009, 02:23:07 AM »

Offline Rondo_is_better

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 495
  • R.I.P. Nate Dogg

No, no not directed at you ACF. Your post was just most easily quotable for me. I got the sarcasm, for sure, and I'm sorry to hear about your father.
Grab a few boards, keep the TO's under 14, close out on shooters and we'll win.

« Reply #42 on: May 22, 2009, 02:37:58 AM »

Offline ACF

• Danny Ainge
  • A Celtic Fan

No, no not directed at you ACF. Your post was just most easily quotable for me. I got the sarcasm, for sure, and I'm sorry to hear about your father.

No worries, pal. I just wanted to
be sure. And thanks.

« Reply #43 on: May 22, 2009, 06:17:51 AM »

Offline celticmaestro

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 81
  • "Love is the soul of a true Irishman"

Meanwhile, I suggested this team sign Walter McCarty this year, and wanted them to grab Delonte instead of Sam Cassel last year.

Walter + Delonte = 70 wins, b2b champs, power of Voltron, etc.

All I will say is that this is a pathetic and disgusting message. You've achieved something with this post. Not TP's, elevation to most hated CB member. No one wants to see anything like this, whether it's meant in jest or not. You are an idiot and I have no problem saying this to you.

« Reply #44 on: May 22, 2009, 06:32:34 AM »

Offline celticmaestro

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 81
  • "Love is the soul of a true Irishman"
So, I believe the pageant is supposed to be fun? Moving on from the drama of that horrible post, I will give you my reason. It's unorthodox, but this is an actual conversation that took place recently.

O - "Come to bed"
A - "In a bit I'm busy"
O - "Doing what?"
A - "I need to respond to this thread and watch the game."
>silence<
O - "Fine, if you don't come to bed now I'm going asleep"
A - "And if I come now? What's in it for me?"
O - "Whatever you want."
>silence again<
A - "Seriously, this is an important game. I would love to but I can't... Whatever I want? Fair enough but I'm leaving the game on in the background"

OK, so, what you can infer from this is that I am dedicated, but not stupid. Dedicated in the sense that it was game 7 of the Magic series and I had an exam 5 hours after the game ended. Not stupid in the sense that when I see an opportunity I grab it.

Reward common sense people.