Author Topic: Why Jennings works  (Read 2196 times)

Why Jennings works
« on: December 19, 2012, 05:03:01 AM »

Offline nostar

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 74
Ok I know, we don't really have the pieces to trade for Jennings. If Milwaukee thinks he's walking after this year (not going to match) then we don't need to put together a glitz package, just a consolation one.

Here is the pitch:

Jennings+Dalembert
for
Lee+Sullinger+Melo+1st

MIL does the deal to move Dalembert and get something before Jennings goes looking for a max deal. We do it because we're sort of still in win-now mode and this puts us in the wonderful predicament of having too much talent for a starting lineup. I'm sure it's a problem Doc would love to have.

If we're smart we'll move Bass this season for someone making way less (my pick would be Dajuan Blair) and try to pay Jennings when he wants paid. Dalembert is expiring so we'll have some money if things go like that.

Don't get me wrong I'd rather have Tyreke Evans but I think this is a more workable situation and it nets us what used to be a reasonably good defensive big.

For the record I wouldn't move AB in this deal with the Bucks. That is just me though, I am very (celticblog homer) high on Bradley.

Re: Why Jennings works
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2012, 05:18:36 AM »

Offline timobusa

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 284
  • Bleed Green, Die Green
So is he gonna be starting or playing along side Rondo?

« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2012, 08:22:17 AM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238

Yah, neither option would be very good.

I know very few people on here don't want to trade Rondo unless you get a top 10-15 player back, but I am not sure that is realistic.

I'd consider a trade of Rondo for Jennings, Larry Sanders and Mbah a Moute.

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=cftomtx

All three could help us now for 18 and in the future. The infusion of youth and athleticism that they would bring would be most welcome.

« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2012, 08:29:23 AM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
Haha... What? This makes no sense for either team.

« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2012, 08:54:39 AM »

Offline snowball

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 47
KG personally does not like Jennings.
it's a non-starter.

« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2012, 10:40:43 AM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
Small Ball attack

PG  Rondo
SG Jenning
SF  Terry
PF  AB
C   Does it matter at this point?

There is only so many spots to play a small guard.

« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2012, 11:16:47 AM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123

I know very few people on here don't want to trade Rondo unless you get a top 10-15 player back, but I am not sure that is realistic.

All three could help us now for 18 and in the future. The infusion of youth and athleticism that they would bring would be most welcome.

They won't help us win a title now or in the future. 3 decent players aren't worth 1 top level player.

« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2012, 01:38:34 PM »

Offline nostar

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 74

I think that Jennings would be 100% on board with being a bench player on the Celtics for a year, especially if it means competing for a title. He also knows he'll get paid in the off-season regardless.

As for the Rondo-trade idea, I've never been for trading him. He's a top-10 player in the NBA and he knows Doc's system. While I hate the term "untouchable" I think unless you're getting back a young top-10 player Rondo is the C's future. I might be willing to move him for some combination of Kings players but I'd seriously hate to do it. Fortunately I doubt the Kings are interested.

If nothing else Jennings is a huge trade asset. I think he can mesh well with our team but even if he can't it's not like there aren't 20 teams desperately looking for a star point guard.

« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2012, 02:18:59 PM »

Offline BleedGreen1989

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 568
I think that the most logical trade with Jennings is to Utah for one of their many bigs
*CB Miami Heat*
Kyle Lowry, Dwayne Wade, 13th pick in even numbered rounds, 18th pick in odd numbered rounds.

« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2012, 09:22:08 PM »

Offline crimson_stallion

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 875

No. 

I don't like Jennings at all as a player.  He's cocky, he doesn't defend and he's typically been more of a shooting guard in a PGs body.  I don't see him as the type of player that could lead a team in the playoffs...he's a regular season chump.

No way I'm giving up Rondo for him, and there's no way I'm starting a 6'1" offensive oriented player alongside Rondo. 

« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2012, 09:23:46 PM »

Offline ScottHow

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 354
  • It's what I do! It's who I am!
No thanks. I'm not a fan of him at all.

« Reply #11 on: December 21, 2012, 09:32:03 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
no.

« Reply #12 on: December 21, 2012, 10:11:43 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238

They won't help us win a title now or in the future. 3 decent players aren't worth 1 top level player.

Bucks have beaten us 3 times this year and Sanders, Mbah a Moute and Jennings (and the refs) have been a huge part of it.

It's us who would be getting the best of this trade, with Sanders possibly being the biggest prize of all with his rim protection, running the floor and rebounding (20 tonite). That would help us now and in the future.

Mbah a Moute's defense is something we can use now and in the future. Same for Jennings O.