Author Topic: WWE  (Read 164270 times)

Re: WWE
« Reply #180 on: February 24, 2014, 09:52:56 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
The WWE has a bad product right now. Sometimes they just don't know what they got. Cesaro and Zigler need major pushes. But I have to see the same boring storylines with the same boring wrestlers week after week after week.

Ziggler has been legit hurt. But once again, he's one of those internet darlings (along with Punk and Bryan) that are popular but does not really draw anything.

And unfortunately it boils down to that. If they move merchandise like Cena, we probably would have seen a couple of Ziggler runs. Punk kinda held WWE hostage and got his, Bryan is starting to get there.

Cesaro, I'm still not sold if he can spark interest. He's indeed a technician in the ring, and his "spin move" is over. But can he carry a storyline? I still don't see a "character" from him other than this strong dude. His 5 language thing didnt really work.

Cesaro!!!

By the way, elimination chamber was terrible!

Disagree.

The match were good. The Chamber match was great but got predictable when Kane came in. But even then there was good match booking that you thought at the last minute Bryan could stil win. The showcased the entire 6 man talent well, including Cesaro, who was a treat to watch.

The rest of the matches were good.

And then the Shield - Wyatt match that stole the show. I thought it was way bVicioushan the rumble.

I found it very predictable and boring. No way Christian or Cesaro were going to win. Wrestlemania 30 looks like it's going to be a stinker. I don't want to see:

Lesnar vs Undertaker
Wyatt's vs Cena
Batista vs Orton
Bryan vs Kane/HHH
Cesaro vs Jack Swagger

It might end up being worse than the Undertaker vs Sid Vicious   Wrestlemania.

The Wyatt - Shield was unpredictable as it could have been.

I think the chamber match was indeed predictable, but in a sense that it will be either Bryan or Orton, and I thought that they booked that well. The match itself was entertaining, despite the predictability you mentioned.

Agree with Wrestlemania. I can be excited with Bryan - HHH as they have been building that angle long before. But I don't want to see a Bootista - Boreton main event. I think they'll have to do double duty building that match as that thing has no interest, at all.

IDK who Taker is going to fight, Lesnar? Yeah that's boring. Wyatt vs Cena is okay, if you want Bray going over.
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #181 on: February 27, 2014, 06:47:07 AM »

Offline LatterDayCelticsfan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 171
  • Community Text
Why aren't they bringing back my favourite heel of all time, Kurt Angle?
Banner 18 please 😍

« Reply #182 on: February 27, 2014, 07:03:03 AM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
Why aren't they bringing back my favourite heel of all time, Kurt Angle?

He is under contract with another company.

« Reply #183 on: February 27, 2014, 07:19:44 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Just like watching the LeBron play in the NBA he is a face and gets all the calls.   

« Reply #184 on: February 27, 2014, 07:41:34 AM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
Just like watching the LeBron play in the NBA he is a face and gets all the calls.

Except in the WWE, the officials only miss the call when they are distracted and looking the other way.   ;D

« Reply #185 on: March 01, 2014, 11:33:00 AM »

Offline Finkelskyhook

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 285

Except in the WWE, the officials only miss the call when they are distracted and looking the other way.   ;D

lol....Sad part is you're exactly right.

« Reply #186 on: March 02, 2014, 12:23:08 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
OH BOY!

http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news/2014/0302/571795/cm-punk-expected-to-return-at-monday-raw-in-chicago/

Monday Night Raw will be live in Chicago, March 3rd. And we all know Punk is from Chicago.

Punk's departure already prompted a Hijack Raw Twiteer feed.

https://twitter.com/hijackraw

Very excited for this episode tomorrow night.

With that in mind, the creative of HijackRaw made some pretty funny memes.

« Reply #187 on: March 03, 2014, 11:03:45 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
This Chicago crowd is AWESOME!!!

LOL
« Last Edit: March 03, 2014, 11:17:05 PM by Yoki_IsTheName »

« Reply #188 on: March 03, 2014, 11:20:37 PM »

Offline freshinthehouse

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 156
Haha who is that standing on the turnbuckle?

« Reply #189 on: March 03, 2014, 11:23:45 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
Haha who is that standing on the turnbuckle?

Brock Lesnar.

His name has became a wrestling meme of its own. Coz his manager, Paul Heyman introduces him as "BUURRRRACK LESSSNNNAAARRRR!".

Some mighty folks from the Internet came up with this golden egg.

« Reply #190 on: March 04, 2014, 02:02:28 AM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
So the rumored CM Punk return didn't happen, much to the disappointment of that tremendous crowd.

I was pumped, and felt cheated when he didn't show up. Good job, WWE.

« Reply #191 on: March 04, 2014, 08:47:16 AM »

Offline StartOrien

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1200
So the rumored CM Punk return didn't happen, much to the disappointment of that tremendous crowd.

This is where I reveal myself to be a true nerd -

But this whole Punk think has given me a new appreciation for John Cena as a wrestler/employee. Details haven't come out, but it certainly seems like Punk didn't like where things were heading for his character and he decided to take his ball and go home. His dispute lies with HHH, who has a history of backstage politicking which questionably led to a few burials.

Cena? He's the biggest name going, and the only thing he does is do what's asked of him - Does the job when he should do the job, wins when he needs to win. Half the crowds vehemently boo'ng him and he doesn't ask for a change. Just keeps his head down and does his job

« Reply #192 on: March 04, 2014, 10:55:13 AM »

Online bdm860

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 4593

But this whole Punk think has given me a new appreciation for John Cena as a wrestler/employee. Details haven't come out, but it certainly seems like Punk didn't like where things were heading for his character and he decided to take his ball and go home. His dispute lies with HHH, who has a history of backstage politicking which questionably led to a few burials.

Cena? He's the biggest name going, and the only thing he does is do what's asked of him - Does the job when he should do the job, wins when he needs to win. Half the crowds vehemently boo'ng him and he doesn't ask for a change. Just keeps his head down and does his job

This whole thing makes me dislike Punk as a person even more (he always came off kind of selfish to me).

Here’s a guy that’s been given so many great opportunities.  Here we have a guy who has had a longer single championship reign than anybody in the modern era other than Hulk Hogan at 434 days.  That’s longer than Cena, Shawn Michaels, The Undertaker, The Rock, Stone Cold, Bret Hart, etc.  And he probably had a great chance of ending up Top 5  in the modern era for longest combined reigns had he stuck around.

Here’s a guy that has probably headlined more pay per views over the last few years other than Cena.  He’s headlined over a dozen pay per views and got to face the legends like The Rock, The Undertaker, as well as John Cena.  How many guys on the current roster have faced both The Rock and The Undertaker?

Here’s a guy that’s been given so much, but still not happy because he’s not headlining WrestleMania and because he doesn’t have the biggest spotlight on him.  It’s like if Tim Duncan got mad that somebody was always more popular than him, from Shaq to Kobe to LeBron, even though he was still always one of the most respected and best players in the game and was always working hard.  Just face it, the Finals you headlined didn’t draw the ratings the other guys did.  And even though we put you in a lot of national TV games, we’re sorry  that we feature the Heat and Lakers more than you, but they just pull better ratings.

There’s nothing wrong with being the Macho Man to John Cena’s Hulk Hogan, but he can’t take it.  Unless this all really is just a work, which some people think it is (though maybe that theory took a little bit of a blow when he didn't show up on Raw last night...)
« Last Edit: March 04, 2014, 11:19:37 AM by bdm860 »

After 18 months with their Bigs, the Littles were: 46% less likely to use illegal drugs, 27% less likely to use alcohol, 52% less likely to skip school, 37% less likely to skip a class

« Reply #193 on: March 04, 2014, 11:07:01 AM »

fitzhickey

Always loved Cena. I really agree with what's been said above about Punk. He should be extremely content with what he's been given. But I guess that's just his personality

« Reply #194 on: March 04, 2014, 11:20:58 AM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.

This whole thing makes me dislike Punk as a person even more (he always came off kind of selfish to me).

Here’s a guy that’s been given so many great opportunities.  Here we have a guy who has had a longer single championship reign than anybody in the modern era other than Hulk Hogan at 434 days.  That’s longer than Cena, Shawn Michaels, The Undertaker, The Rock, Stone Cold, Bret Hart, etc.  And he probably had a great chance of ending up Top 5  in the modern era for combined reigns had he stuck around.

Here’s a guy that has probably headlined more pay per views over the last few years other than Cena.  He’s headlined over a dozen pay per views and got to face the legends like The Rock, The Undertaker, as well as John Cena.  How many guys on the current roster have faced both The Rock and The Undertaker?

Here’s a guy that’s been given so much, but still not happy because he’s not headlining WrestleMania and because he doesn’t have the biggest spotlight on him.  It’s like if Tim Duncan got mad that somebody was always more popular than him, from Shaq to Kobe to LeBron, even though he was still always one of the most respected and best players in the game and was always working hard.  Just face it, the Finals you headlined didn’t draw the ratings the other guys did.  And even though we put you in a lot of national TV games, we’re sorry  that we feature the Heat and Lakers more than you, but they just pull better ratings.

There’s nothing wrong with being the Macho Man to John Cena’s Hulk Hogan, but he can’t take it.  Unless this all really is just a work, which some people think it is (though maybe that theory took a little bit of a blow when he didn't show up on Raw last night...)

I dont know the REAL story, but from what I've read, I have to disagree.

Punk did not leave because he doesnt have the main spotlight, well, part of the reason is that.

From what I've read, he left because he got fed up having part timers (started with the Rock) being gone for years, comes back, and jumps over the main event scene. I think the Royal Rumble was the last straw.

As much as people hate it, everyone is behind Bryan. And everyone wants to see DB at WrestleMania, and from what I've read, Punk is behind that. Why not? The people want to see it. But they are force feeding us Batista and Orton. Batista, who have been gone for four years, all of a sudden gets main event spot at the biggest show of the year. Pretty much the exact same thing as the Rock last year.

Is it unprofessional? Sure. But his name is Punk for all things, and I think this is some sort of a protest not just for himself, but for the hardworking men in that locker room that has been there all the time, that deserves the spot even more than part timers. And that includes him, banged up, broken ribs and messed up knees and all and he still shows up, gives an awesome match.

I don't blame him from walking out one bit. Shoot or work.

And as for Cena. I respect what he does, the IWC does too. He gets booed because his character is stale. And he doest ask for change because despite facing Bray Wyatt in WrestleMania, he and every WWE watchers know that at some point he'll be back in the top.

He doesnt have to worry about that spot, it's a matter of time. Compare to the guys like Ziggler, Bryan and slowly building, Cesaro, who paid dues, worked as hard, fans loved but WWE keeps ignoring because "they dont sell T-Shirts". Business side, I understand, but Creative wise, isn't that their fault that they couldnt build a much interesting storyline for these guys so people would be more hooked up on them than they already are?