Author Topic: We Have a New Star!!!  (Read 861463 times)

Re: We have a new star!!!
« Reply #315 on: May 12, 2008, 04:02:39 PM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 445
  • No contaban con mi astucia !!!
wonder what casual posters think of this
they have to be like  ::)

Yes, I'm pretty sure we get some eye-rolling by the self-congratulatory nature of the whole thing.  Still, it's nice to have milestones, and I'm always happy when one of our fairly regular members gets their first star.

And Bass i dont get the bear claws....not enough english and american culture in my arsenal this time. :-\

It's a type of pastry that's particularly popular.  I think Bass wanted your donut box to include one.

Mmmm...  bear claws.
thanks hobbs,....there u go..ur second 3 tps.
Once a CrotorNat always a CROTORNAT  2 times CB draft Champion 2009-2012

Nice to be back!

« Reply #316 on: May 12, 2008, 04:08:44 PM »

Offline Steve Weinman

• Author / Moderator
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 33
  • My alter ego
Solid work, Redz.  I always enjoy reading your posts...looking forward to the next thousand as a well (with a green championship somewhere in there)...

-sw

Each last one of the utmost quality!  ::) Thanks Steve...I'm sure you'll continue to riveted by my Max Mizzou updates Scherzer updates

Congrats Redz!

Thanks jayjay

Haha, I've been checking up on that thread from time to time...although I was bummed to see you promise that we won't be getting start-by-start updates from you...

...as I said earlier, if the DBacks' other four starters are losing every week, I can tolerate 1 win in 5 for them.  Since that likelihood isn't too high (especially considering their staff), Max getting blitzed every now and then won't kill me.  My Dodger affinities range way above my Mizzou sentiments...but again, thanks for the updates regardless....keep on truckin', Redz...

-sw

OK, I'll commit myself to Max Scherzer updates for as long as he is both on my roto team and in the bigs.  After that, my interest dies!  Hopefully we'll both have a good long run together (though I'm always ready to trade if the time's right).

BTW, there was a post by someone named MizzouFan last week.  I thought maybe it was you working under a pseudonym.  He had a really well written piece on his 1st post.  A new pen name? ;) 

Much appreciated, Redz.

I believe the guy you're referring to is MizzouMerlin.  You gave him a TP for his first post about the Spurs, which was indeed very good -- I seconded your TP'ing of him.  Since I don't think I'm 'blowing his cover' here, that would be Dave 'Southern Hospitality' Thiessen, a good friend of mine who now covers the Mizzou wrestling beat for the Columbia Missourian.  He's a native Texan and a big-time Spurs fan -- as well as a former Spurs blogger (check out his archives at http://mvn.com/nba-spurs if you're interested).  I'm right with your assessment -- very good writer, very smart fellow, and a very good guy.  While he may be an 'outsider' to the Celtics community, we're fortunate to have his voice appearing around here every now and then.

I'm honored that you would suggest the possibility of my being behind Dave's writing on that Spurs post, but rest assured that was all him.  "Merlin" was supposedly the Big Fundamental's nickname when he entered the league.

As for me, I'm generally just SW, or my long-time nickname, Boof (as appears under my Oscar picture at left).

Long-winded explanation, but figured I'd help clarify.

-sw

Reggies Ghost: Where artistic genius happens.  Thank you, sir.

« Reply #317 on: May 12, 2008, 04:15:37 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup
Thanks Steve.  That explains a lot.  It definitely had the ring of an experienced writer.  Any chance of converting him to the greener side of life?
Yup

« Reply #318 on: May 12, 2008, 04:21:56 PM »

Offline Steve Weinman

• Author / Moderator
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • My alter ego
Thanks Steve.  That explains a lot.  It definitely had the ring of an experienced writer.  Any chance of converting him to the greener side of life?

I've been trying...but the results of the last nine years haven't made it all too easy to sway DT...last year certainly didn't help  :'( (the tears are for our season rather than his).

Actually visited him to join the fanatic for Spurs-Hornets last night, and as you might imagine, that didn't take too much luster off of his black-and-silver enthusiasm...

...then again, this is the same guy who called me after Game 2 against New Orleans to tell me that the Spurs were done in 5...so with an entire nation of Celtics fans here, maybe we can reel him on in after all.  Any ideas?

DT, if you're reading this, Redz and the gang are ready for you to come on over...can't say I disagree... ;D

-sw

P.S.  Also, Redz -- I know it's off topic here, but just wanted to thank you for the great "Humor/Emoticons" post earlier today.  Excellent timing, excellent explanation.  They don't give the Mods the big bucks for nothin'!  ;)

« Reply #319 on: May 12, 2008, 05:13:03 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Yup

P.S.  Also, Redz -- I know it's off topic here, but just wanted to thank you for the great "Humor/Emoticons" post earlier today.  Excellent timing, excellent explanation.  They don't give the Mods the big bucks for nothin'!  ;)

Thanks Steve :-*  ;)  :o, though I'm already getting annoyed by having to practice as I preach with the [dang] things all over the place :-\
Yup

« Reply #320 on: May 12, 2008, 05:41:21 PM »

Offline MizzouMerlin

• Jaden Springer
  • Tommy Points: 8
Redz,

I'm glad that you enjoyed my comments  :). While I'll be around from time to time, mostly commenting on NBA topics because I don't know as much about the Celtics, I'm a Spurs fan to the core. I've followed that team since Kindergarten and watched them win four titles. No way I'm leaving that haha.

BTW, I'm flattered that you thought I was SW. Y'all at CB are lucky to have him here, even if his predictions are routinely wrong. Just ask him about jinxing my Spurs  ;).

DT

« Reply #321 on: May 15, 2008, 04:30:49 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Yup
Congrats on post #4000 and a hard earned 4th star for IndeedProceed

Yup

« Reply #322 on: May 15, 2008, 04:38:37 PM »

Offline Steve Weinman

• Author / Moderator
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • My alter ego
Congrats on post #4000 and a hard earned 4th star for IndeedProceed

Good work, IP.  Always starting intriguing new threads, always making it enjoyable to read your posts.  Keep on keepin' on...

-sw

« Reply #323 on: May 15, 2008, 05:05:37 PM »

Offline BASSTHUMPER

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 352
wonder what casual posters think of this
they have to be like  ::)

Yes, I'm pretty sure we get some eye-rolling by the self-congratulatory nature of the whole thing.  Still, it's nice to have milestones, and I'm always happy when one of our fairly regular members gets their first star.

And Bass i dont get the bear claws....not enough english and american culture in my arsenal this time. :-\

It's a type of pastry that's particularly popular.  I think Bass wanted your donut box to include one.

Mmmm...  bear claws.
thanks hobbs,....there u go..ur second 3 tps.

a claw and a ice cold glass of milk...yumm

« Reply #324 on: May 15, 2008, 05:05:45 PM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
Way to go IP. 

« Reply #325 on: May 15, 2008, 10:37:33 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
Congrats, IP!

(Award for lamest graphic goes to...  RH!)

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #326 on: May 15, 2008, 11:13:36 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Yup
Those are some pretty special stars there Roy.

How bout one of these stars

Yup

« Reply #327 on: May 16, 2008, 12:24:39 AM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 3632
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
Congrats, Indeed .... all the best to one of my favorite posters! The standard of articulate, thoughtful discussion and objective banter ... awesome job!
2010 PAPOUG, 2012 & 2017 PAPTYG CHAMP, HD BOT

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #328 on: May 16, 2008, 01:05:24 AM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 445
  • No contaban con mi astucia !!!

congratulations amigo
Once a CrotorNat always a CROTORNAT  2 times CB draft Champion 2009-2012

Nice to be back!

« Reply #329 on: May 16, 2008, 08:47:56 AM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
I think some of us staff members are really enjoying finding pictures to put in these congratulatory posts a little to much.