Author Topic: We Have a New Star!!!  (Read 861444 times)

Re: We have a new star!!!
« Reply #300 on: May 11, 2008, 10:47:15 PM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
Congrats, Redz.  If you were overlooked, it's only because of the site-wide neurosis that stems from not winning a game on the road yet.

Your posts are always top-notch quality.  +3.

Edgar!

Where is Edgar!

This is his job!

Congrats Red

« Reply #301 on: May 11, 2008, 10:50:52 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup
Congrats, Redz.  If you were overlooked, it's only because of the site-wide neurosis that stems from not winning a game on the road yet.

I'm blissfully immune to the neurosis.  Just keep winning series.  Don't care how they do it.

Yup

« Reply #302 on: May 11, 2008, 10:56:44 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Yup

Edgar!

Where is Edgar!

This is his job!

Congrats Red

Thanks

Edgar can sleep on the job, as long as the coffee supply keeps headed north!

Yup

« Reply #303 on: May 11, 2008, 10:58:28 PM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1126
sorry redz, congrats.  hope this donut pic gets a laugh:

« Reply #304 on: May 11, 2008, 11:07:58 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Yup
sorry redz, congrats.  hope this donut pic gets a laugh:

Thanks darklord.  I'm more of a Muffin Man actually! (now you can say you do, in fact, know the Muffin Man - though I've moved from Drury Lane)
Yup

« Reply #305 on: May 12, 2008, 01:22:05 AM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 3632
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
Redz:

I can't believe I missed the passing of your third "Star" milestone, and I hope you forgive my failure to catch it, especially where you are very often the first to congratulate others, including me. While we don't always agree, I respect and admire your convictions, and the gift you seem to have for "walking the line" so deftly between discussion and discourse ... and getting your point across without offending, and quite often with humor and grace.

As many of the pictures you post have done a great deal to lighten my days, and interject a bit of wit and capricious humor into an otherwise dull routine, I felt it would be fitting to honor your third star by finding a similar funny pic and posting it here. Upon some digging and perusing of many such comic photos, and wasting good Google time getting far "off the track", (as usual), I came up nil. Nothing I came across seemed funny enough or worthy of the time invested.

As a result, I decided that it might be a good time to remember a fallen hero who had once brought many smiles to my face as well, and the connection of his number and the significance of your "third" star seemed appropriate. I could think of no greater honor at that point, either, and humor seemed a bit inadequate when compared to the chance to remember such a life cut far too short. Anyway ... sorry again for missing your third star ... and for using this occasion to shamelessly give tribute to one of the greats, (though I've no doubt you'll take it in the positive way it's intended).

Awesome job, Redz ... here's to your number three!

- Bahku
2010 PAPOUG, 2012 & 2017 PAPTYG CHAMP, HD BOT

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #306 on: May 12, 2008, 01:26:45 AM »

Offline jay_jay54

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 266
Congrats Redz!

« Reply #307 on: May 12, 2008, 01:32:27 AM »

Offline Steve Weinman

• Author / Moderator
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 33
  • My alter ego
Solid work, Redz.  I always enjoy reading your posts...looking forward to the next thousand as a well (with a green championship somewhere in there)...

-sw

Reggies Ghost: Where artistic genius happens.  Thank you, sir.

« Reply #308 on: May 12, 2008, 08:21:30 AM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Yup
Redz:

I can't believe I missed the passing of your third "Star" milestone, and I hope you forgive my failure to catch it, especially where you are very often the first to congratulate others, including me. While we don't always agree, I respect and admire your convictions, and the gift you seem to have for "walking the line" so deftly between discussion and discourse ... and getting your point across without offending, and quite often with humor and grace.

As many of the pictures you post have done a great deal to lighten my days, and interject a bit of wit and capricious humor into an otherwise dull routine, I felt it would be fitting to honor your third star by finding a similar funny pic and posting it here. Upon some digging and perusing of many such comic photos, and wasting good Google time getting far "off the track", (as usual), I came up nil. Nothing I came across seemed funny enough or worthy of the time invested.

As a result, I decided that it might be a good time to remember a fallen hero who had once brought many smiles to my face as well, and the connection of his number and the significance of your "third" star seemed appropriate. I could think of no greater honor at that point, either, and humor seemed a bit inadequate when compared to the chance to remember such a life cut far too short. Anyway ... sorry again for missing your third star ... and for using this occasion to shamelessly give tribute to one of the greats, (though I've no doubt you'll take it in the positive way it's intended).

Awesome job, Redz ... here's to your number three!

- Bahku

Thanks Bahku.  DJ will always be high on my list of favorite Celts.  He was a guy you always had the utmost faith in doing the right thing at the right time. 
Yup

« Reply #309 on: May 12, 2008, 08:24:55 AM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Yup
Solid work, Redz.  I always enjoy reading your posts...looking forward to the next thousand as a well (with a green championship somewhere in there)...

-sw

Each last one of the utmost quality!  ::) Thanks Steve...I'm sure you'll continue to riveted by my Max Mizzou updates Scherzer updates

Congrats Redz!

Thanks jayjay

Yup

« Reply #310 on: May 12, 2008, 08:59:09 AM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics

Edgar!

Where is Edgar!

This is his job!

Congrats Red

Thanks

Edgar can sleep on the job, as long as the coffee supply keeps headed north!

Hard to believe he sleeps with that coffee stock he has. 

But you are right.  He sent nice beans.  He is excused, this time.   ;D

« Reply #311 on: May 12, 2008, 10:45:33 AM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 445
  • No contaban con mi astucia !!!
u got the 3 stars fro me redz

Sadly I cant say the same with roy,  12 is too many  :o
Dont worry Roy u will got urs in groups of 3

Oh well its nice to see this thread come to life again

wonder what casual posters think of this
they have to be like  ::)

Its a pleasure to know we have such a good life outside the blog
If not i will start to worry....lololol  ;D

And Bass i dont get the bear claws....not enough english and american culture in my arsenal this time. :-\
Once a CrotorNat always a CROTORNAT  2 times CB draft Champion 2009-2012

Nice to be back!

« Reply #312 on: May 12, 2008, 02:36:03 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
wonder what casual posters think of this
they have to be like  ::)

Yes, I'm pretty sure we get some eye-rolling by the self-congratulatory nature of the whole thing.  Still, it's nice to have milestones, and I'm always happy when one of our fairly regular members gets their first star.

And Bass i dont get the bear claws....not enough english and american culture in my arsenal this time. :-\

It's a type of pastry that's particularly popular.  I think Bass wanted your donut box to include one.

Mmmm...  bear claws.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #313 on: May 12, 2008, 03:17:08 PM »

Offline Steve Weinman

• Author / Moderator
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 33
  • My alter ego

-sw

Each last one of the utmost quality!  ::) Thanks Steve...I'm sure you'll continue to riveted by my Max Mizzou updates Scherzer updates

Congrats Redz!

Thanks jayjay

Haha, I've been checking up on that thread from time to time...although I was bummed to see you promise that we won't be getting start-by-start updates from you...

...as I said earlier, if the DBacks' other four starters are losing every week, I can tolerate 1 win in 5 for them.  Since that likelihood isn't too high (especially considering their staff), Max getting blitzed every now and then won't kill me.  My Dodger affinities range way above my Mizzou sentiments...but again, thanks for the updates regardless....keep on truckin', Redz...

-sw

Reggies Ghost: Where artistic genius happens.  Thank you, sir.

« Reply #314 on: May 12, 2008, 03:49:00 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Yup

-sw

Congrats Redz!

Thanks jayjay

Haha, I've been checking up on that thread from time to time...although I was bummed to see you promise that we won't be getting start-by-start updates from you...

...as I said earlier, if the DBacks' other four starters are losing every week, I can tolerate 1 win in 5 for them.  Since that likelihood isn't too high (especially considering their staff), Max getting blitzed every now and then won't kill me.  My Dodger affinities range way above my Mizzou sentiments...but again, thanks for the updates regardless....keep on truckin', Redz...

-sw

OK, I'll commit myself to Max Scherzer updates for as long as he is both on my roto team and in the bigs.  After that, my interest dies!  Hopefully we'll both have a good long run together (though I'm always ready to trade if the time's right).

BTW, there was a post by someone named MizzouFan last week.  I thought maybe it was you working under a pseudonym.  He had a really well written piece on his 1st post.  A new pen name? ;) 
Yup