Author Topic: My bout with Covid  (Read 14029 times)

Re: My bout with Covid
« Reply #45 on: September 09, 2020, 03:50:10 PM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1474
Again, thank you all my CS brothers and sisters for the well wishes.

Any lingering symptoms?
Actually, yes, a couple. It seems to have changed my taste buds. Some stuff I used to like I don't anymore, and some stuff I hated I now like. Very strange but so was not being able to taste anything for like 3 weeks. At least my sense of taste has returned even if it is a bit different.

My vision got worse. I had just gone to the optometrist  about a month before the illness and got new contacts and glasses. Luckily Lens Crafters made a deal with me and I just yesterday had another appointment and will be getting new lenses and contacts.

My lung capacity is still not 100%. I am back to speed walking but can only do about half the distance and I went to the beach and tried swimming and that was a major chore. But it is much better than when I got out of the hospital some 4 weeks ago so, slow and steady goes the recovery.

Hey Nick -
Really glad to hear that you are recovering.  Hearing that you are back to walking is great news.  I am sure it is frustrating that the lung capacity is taking a long time to catch up.  Just make sure you write down all that you are experiencing and share details with your physician (I am sure you probably are doing that).  Like Liam said, we want you to stick around :)

« Reply #46 on: September 09, 2020, 05:21:26 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club

Any lingering symptoms?
Actually, yes, a couple. It seems to have changed my taste buds. Some stuff I used to like I don't anymore, and some stuff I hated I now like. Very strange but so was not being able to taste anything for like 3 weeks. At least my sense of taste has returned even if it is a bit different.

My vision got worse. I had just gone to the optometrist  about a month before the illness and got new contacts and glasses. Luckily Lens Crafters made a deal with me and I just yesterday had another appointment and will be getting new lenses and contacts.

My lung capacity is still not 100%. I am back to speed walking but can only do about half the distance and I went to the beach and tried swimming and that was a major chore. But it is much better than when I got out of the hospital some 4 weeks ago so, slow and steady goes the recovery.

The long term effects for people who get better are under-discused. Thanks so much for coming forward with this and I'm glad you are on the mend. Be careful as I have read that the Covid condition can make you very vunerable to other respatory problems. You are a highly respected member of this blog and we need you.
Thanks for the kind words. I was on blood thinners and steroids for a while to prevent blood clots and some issue with Covid doing something with the cells in my bronchial tubes. But done with those. Hopefully past any such problems but I will have to stay on top of it. My pulmonologist said returning to exercise is the best thing to prevent long term issues.

« Reply #47 on: September 09, 2020, 06:35:29 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3175

Any lingering symptoms?

The long term effects for people who get better are under-discused. Thanks so much for coming forward with this and I'm glad you are on the mend. Be careful as I have read that the Covid condition can make you very vunerable to other respatory problems. You are a highly respected member of this blog and we need you.
Thanks for the kind words. I was on blood thinners and steroids for a while to prevent blood clots and some issue with Covid doing something with the cells in my bronchial tubes. But done with those. Hopefully past any such problems but I will have to stay on top of it. My pulmonologist said returning to exercise is the best thing to prevent long term issues.

Thanks again, Nick.

« Reply #48 on: September 09, 2020, 07:09:57 PM »

Offline mmmmm

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 862
So, so glad to have you back, Nick.

I really wish you hadn't had to go through this.   Please continue to take care of yourself.
NBA Officiating - Corrupt?  Incompetent?  Which is worse?  Does it matter?  It sucks.

« Reply #49 on: September 09, 2020, 10:54:14 PM »

Offline Kuberski33

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 537
Gripping account Nick and I'm sorry that you had to go through it. It kind of puts all this Celtics emotion that we all experience in perspective. 

Really appreciate you sharing it though. This disease is obviously not one to take lightly - though so many do.

« Reply #50 on: September 10, 2020, 04:59:39 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3175

« Reply #51 on: September 10, 2020, 06:32:28 PM »

Offline BASS_THUMPER

• Scal's #1 Fan
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 5350