Author Topic: What happened to best player available?  (Read 2046 times)

Re: What happened to best player available?
« Reply #15 on: June 17, 2017, 12:27:36 PM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469
The best player available in the 2017 draft is Josh Jackson.  If Ainge can snare him plus additional picks, it will be quite the score.
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson

« Reply #16 on: June 17, 2017, 12:30:50 PM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1561
i think all the crap is a smokescreen and we will draft fultz and give it all we have to get hayward. yes we need frontcourt but we won't get all we need in one offseason. only way we trade the pick is if we can fleece somebody else and if DA has deals lined up after this deal if we trade fultz pick. I do not see any HUGE spalshes. keep slowly but surely drafting, developing and adding FA's...we may do some trades when time comes if needed.
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #17 on: June 17, 2017, 12:42:36 PM »

Offline PaulP34

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 39
Could this be the year that everyone points to and say’s, the Celtics actually passed on Markelle Fultz!  I personally think that Fultz can be a franchise player.  Fultz is special and if he does go on to be a superstar player for the Sixers, that will really be hard to watch. All we have to do is make the pick! The safest bet here is to give Fultz a chance to be a star for us. I have followed basketball for a long time and you just don’t get too many chances to draft a player like Fultz! Then you finally do and you give it away? For the chance at another top 10 pick??
Oh well, not my call and I will root for the Celtics no matter what, but it will be hard to watch  if Fultz becomes one of the best players in the league on another team. It will be even harder to have to say, Ya we could have had him!

Same thing can be said for Tatum, Jackson....crap shoot

Tatum is better then Jackson IMO. By no means do i like the idea of trading the future away for PG13 or Butler. Play the safe road. Stay the course. If we trade Fultz to Philly atleast keep the picks and draft Tatum at #3. I dont see much talent in Jackson other then dunking and defense. Id take Tatum over Jackson anyday.

Im still on the LETS JUST PICK FULTZ AT #1 N CALL IT A DAY train....

« Reply #18 on: June 17, 2017, 12:48:41 PM »

Offline playdream

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 88
I trust Danny to make the right choice.

Me personally, I would take Fultz.  That's the type of person I am. I would always take the consensus #1 pick so nobody said I messed up.

Less risky.  Danny doesn't care about being right or wrong.  He goes with who he believes is the best prospect.  Gotta admire the guts he has to pass up on the guy nobody would criticize you for taking... even if he turns out to be a flop.

This.

If you take Fultz and Jackson is better or Ball, Tatum, etc. no one will really have a case to mock your choice. BUT if you take the non consensus #1 pick and he is not better than Fultz, watch out.
Glad you guys aren't the gm.  Taking a guys because he's the safe pick is pretty narrow-minded.  I want a guy that makes his choices based on his judgement, not on what others think he should do.
This, agree totally, especially you are a pro of it

« Reply #19 on: June 17, 2017, 12:53:02 PM »

Offline CELTICSofBOSTON

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 73
I trust Danny to make the right choice.

Me personally, I would take Fultz.  That's the type of person I am. I would always take the consensus #1 pick so nobody said I messed up.

Less risky.  Danny doesn't care about being right or wrong.  He goes with who he believes is the best prospect.  Gotta admire the guts he has to pass up on the guy nobody would criticize you for taking... even if he turns out to be a flop.

This.

If you take Fultz and Jackson is better or Ball, Tatum, etc. no one will really have a case to mock your choice. BUT if you take the non consensus #1 pick and he is not better than Fultz, watch out.
Glad you guys aren't the gm.  Taking a guys because he's the safe pick is pretty narrow-minded.  I want a guy that makes his choices based on his judgement, not on what others think he should do.
This, agree totally, especially you are a pro of it

I am glad I'm not the GM either.  We would be terrible, honestly.

I definitely appreciate Ainge and understand how awesome he is at his job.