Author Topic: Any Celtics fans in California?  (Read 5941 times)

Any Celtics fans in California?
« on: December 06, 2010, 02:42:02 PM »

Offline CaliCelticsFan89

• Drew Peterson
  • Tommy Points: 2
I live in Northern and Central California (I travel between the Bay Area and Fresno), and I am huge Celtics fan.

Are any of you guys from my area, or does anyone know how I would go about finding other Celtics fans to maybe meet up and watch some games, or even potentially go to a few local ones (Sacramento, Golden State, etc.)? It's tough with the lack of Boston fans in my area! Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Re: Any Celtics fans in California?
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2010, 03:28:38 PM »

Offline ACF

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1157
  • A Celtic Fan
Welcome to CB, here's your first Tommy Point!

We actually do have California C's fans on here, I'm sure (well, at least I hope) some of them will see this thread and respond.

« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2010, 03:43:00 PM »

Offline Junkyard Dawg

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 51
I'm kind of from SF area but don't live there full time, but i'll be there for a couple weeks end of Dec-beginning of Jan..

The thing I found out while living out there- GS warriors fans tend to be more anti-Laker (esp. Kobe) than we are!  I was out there when the finals were going on and all the GS fans I knew were rooting for the C's and thought it was ridiculous when they didn't win.  Of course, if GS ends up being good this year their outlook might change.

Don't know too much about Kings fans...

« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2010, 03:45:21 PM »

Offline dpaps

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 88
I live in Northern and Central California (I travel between the Bay Area and Fresno), and I am huge Celtics fan.

Are any of you guys from my area, or does anyone know how I would go about finding other Celtics fans to maybe meet up and watch some games, or even potentially go to a few local ones (Sacramento, Golden State, etc.)? It's tough with the lack of Boston fans in my area! Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

When I went to college in LA, most of my friends were from the Bay Area and surprisingly many of them were Celtics fans. Down in LA, there are a bunch of Boston bars, I'd guess there would be some in the Bay Area also. Try googling 'Boston Bar San Francisco', see if anything pops up. I found this:

San Francisco:

Connecticut Yankee
100 Connecticut St. (at 17th St.)
415-552-4440
This sports bar in the Potrero Hill neighborhood is home to local Sox fans and covered in Red Sox memorabilia. The Connecticut Yankee has five TVs, a full bar and a back patio for outdoor dining and drinking. Be warned some fans have had bad experiences here (sound only in the back room, you can't clap loudly for the Red Sox without drawing complaints).

Dave's Bar
29 Third St.
415-495-6726
Red Sox-friendly, low key dive bar with cheap draft beer. Located in the heart of SoMa, two blocks from the Moscone Center.

The Buccaneer
2155 Polk St.
415-673-8023
Wall to wall Red Sox shirts make this Russian Hill neighborhood bar a friendly New England outpost.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2010, 04:35:25 PM by dpaps »

« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2010, 04:33:00 AM »

Offline CaliCelticsFan89

• Drew Peterson
  • Tommy Points: 2
Wow thanks for the help so far guys! And I agree on the Warriors fans comment... ALL of them hate the Lakers! Hah!

« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2010, 04:59:41 AM »

Offline Rondo9dunx

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 4
I'm a celts fan in california but I live in SoCal.

Grew up in Boston but been livin out here a while.
Andy Bernard doesnt lose constests. He wins them, or he quits them because they're unfair.

« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2011, 11:57:29 PM »

Offline BASS_THUMPER

• Scal's #1 Fan
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 5349
  • Thumper of the BASS!
rite over hurr..

palm springs cali!!

« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2011, 12:36:11 AM »

Offline sdceltsfan

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 45
Celtics fan in San Diego here; I'll def be goin to the Laker game, and I might fly up to Portland again this year to see them play the Blazers.....one of my best friends from college works at the Rose Garden and hooks me up with the best available open seat for the 2nd half after i buy a nosebleed ticket!

« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2011, 12:42:31 AM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
I was stationed there for three years.

Here's a favorite youtube clip of mine:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bdlAS2GAwWw

Looking forward to Ray saying this again after Sunday's game, and in June 2011.

Oh - and seeing Derrick Fisher there at the end (or any Laker for that matter) upset?

Priceless!

« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2011, 12:45:27 AM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
I'm sorry - not trying to overlook Portland or PHX, because they will be tough games....but I am REALLY looking forward to Sunday.

« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2011, 01:24:19 AM »

Offline filmexec

• NCE
  • Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 9
Celtic Fan for 50 years! (Thousand Oaks, CA (SoCal))  Can't believe it! But 50 years! Grew up in Maine and it was stamped on my Birth Certificate (Celtic Fan for Life!) jk! But have been through many generations of Celtic Teams. From K.C. Jones and Bill Russell, to Sidney Wicks and Curtis Rowe, to K.G. and Paul Pierce. I have never had more Celtic Pride that right now! So happy that the Celtic Spirit is Born-again in Danny Ainge, Doc Rivers and the Players. Can't wait until the Playoffs where
we will reclaim what is rightfully ours, The 18th Championship!

« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2011, 02:20:45 AM »

Offline celticsfan29

• JD Davison
  • Tommy Points: 1
im from LA (i know)... its really hard living here ;) there are a few celtic fans here and there but there are laker fans EVERYWHERE they worship them over here. i usually go to the celtics vs clippers games cause they are cheaper. this year during april ill be going to boston for my first time to see a celtics game in the garden! so excited!

« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2011, 03:17:08 AM »

Offline bigal534

• Sam Hauser
  • Tommy Points: 56
Yup, Im in Sacramento. Ive been a long time poster of realgm, Celticsblog, redsarmy, etc. I go to the C's/Kings every year and occasionally I go to the warriors/celts, lakers/celts. My last 2 NBA games I went to were Sac/Boston in Arco and literally sat RIGHT BEHIND the celtics bench (awesome experience, plus my wife got our basketball autographed by Paul Pierce which was sweet. Great experience there.) But nothing beats me going to Game 4 of the 2008 NBA finals in LA (the comeback game). Ill never forget the LA fans rowdy as can be b4 and at halftime, practically trying to fight u, and then the joy I had as they literally werent saying anything after the game walking out of the building in a single file line HAHAHHA!!! Anyways, Ill be going again this year to kings/celts, but 7 rows up from the kings bench, not the c's :(     o well free tickets lol