Author Topic: Does anybody know if Dallas is sitting their starters against Atlanta?  (Read 5508 times)

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3069
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS
Come on Mavs help us out hopefully they aren't resting Dirk and most of the gang  >:(
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
http://www.nba.com/games/20120426/DALATL/gameinfo.html?ls=gt2hp0021100983

Kidd is definitely out, and it sounds like the starters will only play one stint per half similar to what Pierce did against Miami.

At least that's my read on Carlisle's statements.

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Come on Mavs help us out hopefully they aren't resting Dirk and most of the gang  >:(
Does it matter? If our C team can almost beat the Hawks I think a mixture of Mavs starters part time and their B and C teams can beat the Hawks>

Well, its at least a possibility.

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS
Does it matter? If our C team can almost beat the Hawks I think a mixture of Mavs starters part time and their B and C teams can beat the Hawks>

Well I think they've been playing a bit better from some articles I read and they know what's at stake so expect them to go all out, but yea who knows.

The Mavs on the other hand do they got nothing to play for now they locked in?
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

Offline Potapenko Boxout

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 40

home court advantage is a big deal. people really not getting the importance of wrapping this thing in 5 and getting some rest. baffling.

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327

Well I think they've been playing a bit better from some articles I read and they know what's at stake so expect them to go all out, but yea who knows.

Their seeding for the first round is not locked in, however I don't think they care much whether or not they draw OKC or LAL.

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS

Their seeding for the first round is not locked in, however I don't think they care much whether or not they draw OKC or LAL.
Ahh so it's one of those decide your own fate games it'll just be up to them if they really want to go out and win or lay down

Offline CelticSooner

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 893
  • GOT IT!!!
Apparently Dallas wants OKC in the first round who they matchup better against.

Offline Senninsage

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 112
Homecourt does not make a team hit their shots. Homecourt does not guarantee winning the game. The Celtics should be more than capable of going into Atlanta and winning both of those games.

The only thing that remotely concerns me is Ray Allen looking as if he's not getting any healthier. Ray Allen was a big part of our edge against the Hawks. A lot of people don't realize this.

Offline igorsure

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 5
Delonte, we need your help now!

Re: Does anybody know if Dallas is sitting their starters against Atlanta?
« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2012, 05:11:03 PM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS
and that means they get that matchup with a win or loss?

« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2012, 05:29:38 PM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950

The Mavs get that matchup against OKC with a Denver win (against Minnesota) or a Dallas loss.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2012, 05:38:13 PM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS

The Mavs get that matchup against OKC with a Denver win (against Minnesota) or a Dallas loss.
Meh so basically our guys should start packing their bags for Atlanta? Bynum has killed Dallas recently they want no part of LA

« Reply #13 on: April 26, 2012, 06:13:35 PM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 269
The Mavs better fear that offensive monster named Kendrick Perkins:-))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

« Reply #14 on: April 26, 2012, 06:27:12 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
Homecourt does not make a team hit their shots. Homecourt does not guarantee winning the game. The Celtics should be more than capable of going into Atlanta and winning both of those games.

The only thing that remotely concerns me is Ray Allen looking as if he's not getting any healthier. Ray Allen was a big part of our edge against the Hawks. A lot of people don't realize this.

This right here is huge. Im worried about Ray Ray..And with the way that the C's managment has held back from telling us injuries truths in the future, im double worried. We should be able to manage the Hawks fine without Ray Ray... After that he will be needed me thinks.