Author Topic: Horace Grant says Michael Jordan lied in 'Last Dance,' calls him 'snitch'  (Read 7432 times)

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/29195428/horace-grant-says-michael-jordan-lied-last-dance-calls-snitch

Didn't see this coming a mile away. I respect H. Grant for not kneeling to Jordan.

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
I don’t like Mj

This story exposed him too https://youtu.be/y4ZQERHL6ow

A humble and famous rapper asks Mj for a picture. Mj gets Very mad and makes a little scene about it, even asks for $15,000 for a picture. Pierce and ray Allen saw the whole thing was felt bad, so they both later offered rapper  a picture with them instead
« Last Edit: May 20, 2020, 12:57:36 AM by CelticsElite »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Surprise to absolutely nobody. MJ is a complete **** who only wanted this made to make himself look good. It’s all done to make him look like great.

He’s a jerk. He also dominated in a frighteningly weak period of basketball, and is IMO annoyingly given the title of #1 all time without even a smidge of debate. Think he did lots of good for the game, but plenty bad too.
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN
Surprise to absolutely nobody. MJ is a complete **** who only wanted this made to make himself look good. It’s all done to make him look like great.

He’s a jerk. He also dominated in a frighteningly weak period of basketball, and is IMO annoyingly given the title of #1 all time without even a smidge of debate. Think he did lots of good for the game, but plenty bad too.
The bolded can be used to describe loads of historical players with a different number, it's not only limited to him. People usually get hung up on their favourite guys not being in a specific range and rail on those lists without really backing up their reasoning all that much, it's the usual lol.
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 996
Anytime I disagree about Michael Jordan, I get laughed at by NBA fans/Lakers fans/Bulls fans.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

Offline Androslav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 528
Every bio, MJ included will make a documentary to appear better, prettier, more talented then they were.

Would you make doc about yourselves to look dumber, ugly, and incompetent?

LBJ, Kobe, Shaq all these guys present themselves a angels and they are and were not.
"The joy of the balling under the rims."

Offline Androslav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 528
MJ like all of us has his personal issues.
Unlike the most, he just found a right platform to channel it.
"The joy of the balling under the rims."

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Every bio, MJ included will make a documentary to appear better, prettier, more talented then they were.

Would you make doc about yourselves to look dumber, ugly, and incompetent?

LBJ, Kobe, Shaq all these guys present themselves a angels and they are and were not.

There are angels and normal and cocky/cold Like Jordan

Dont feed him because he had a bad game.... is kind of cruel dont you think?

Punching Steve Kerr face in practice?

Explain

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871

The bolded can be used to describe loads of historical players with a different number, it's not only limited to him. People usually get hung up on their favorite guys not being in a specific range and rail on those lists without really backing up their reasoning all that much, it's the usual lol.

The reason MH is #1 all time is due to being in the right place at the right time. These are the non performance reasons MJ is seen as the undisputed GOAT.

1. Larry Bird and Magic Johnson the two best players playing at the time MJ was coming up crowned him the best. I am not sure if they thought he was, or if they were just continuing their roles as the ambassadors of the new NBA.

2. Nike money poured into an extraordinary campaign to sell shoes all centered around MJ with the Spike Lee commercials that led to guy looking larger than life.

3. The NBA using him as their center of attraction. That is the weight of a whole league put behind one guy.

4. The genius of Jerry Krause. Those were some really really good teams he put together for MJ. He was right those championships were organization championships.

5. No one else has ever stepped forward to challenge the status of MJ as greatest. It look like Larry and Magic said it and everyone just fell in line. No debate, no question.

6. The unchallenged notion that he won 3 left for two years then won another three though incorrect, but never corrected when brought up. Michael did not leave for two years he left for a year plus and did not make the finals the first year back

6. Since the above factors will almost not align for any other player it will be difficult to surpass him.

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1615
  • What a Pub Should Be
One teammate who didn't take crap from MJ?  The Chief.

Great story here that's from a 2012 JMac article that's making the rounds again.

https://www.espn.com/boston/nba/story/_/id/7662366/big-3-final-run-stirs-bittersweet-memories-original-trio

Parish left the Celtics in 1994 for Charlotte, where he played two seasons. His final year in the league was in 1996-97, when he played with Michael Jordan in Chicago and won another ring.

There, he regained an appreciation for Bird's leadership style.

"What set Larry apart from Magic and Jordan was he wasn't an in-your-face leader like they were," Parish said. "He had too much respect for us. If you weren't having a good night, he was more inclined to encourage you, or not say anything at all.

"But Magic and Jordan would jump all over you."

In one of his first practices with the Bulls, Parish botched one of the plays and was amused to find Jordan jawing at him just inches from his face.

"I told him, 'I'm not as enamored with you as these other guys. I've got some rings too,' " Parish recalled. "At that point he told me, 'I'm going to kick your ass.' I took one step closer and said, 'No, you really aren't.' After that he didn't bother me."

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1544
I really wonder what MJ would have been like playing in today's internet, cell phone, social media, etc. era.  I'm guessing he ends up a different player with all the scrutiny and the inevitable scandals that would have followed him.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

Online blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1474
I just binge watched the whole last dance show.  I have to say I like Jordan less than I did before I watched it.  He wasn't really about the team, he was about MJ, just like Kobe was.  He was obviously the greatest player of his generation, maybe any generation, but maybe not. 

As I was watching that series I was so turned off by what a jerk he was that I found myself rooting for the teams he was facing in the finals.  He faced maybe 1 or 2 great teams in the ECF during his whole run (Indy with Bird as coach, Reggie and that crew, maybe one of the knicks teams was pretty good).  The competition in the east was pretty poor after Detroit got old.  Watching this whole MJ history actually made me have less respect for Jordan.  I know double 3peats is incredible. 

It just makes me love the 2008 Celtics even more, with Doc, KG, PP, Rondo, Ray, JP, and that Ubuntu crew.

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1544
I just binge watched the whole last dance show.  I have to say I like Jordan less than I did before I watched it.  He wasn't really about the team, he was about MJ, just like Kobe was.  He was obviously the greatest player of his generation, maybe any generation, but maybe not. 

As I was watching that series I was so turned off by what a jerk he was that I found myself rooting for the teams he was facing in the finals.  He faced maybe 1 or 2 great teams in the ECF during his whole run (Indy with Bird as coach, Reggie and that crew, maybe one of the knicks teams was pretty good).  The competition in the east was pretty poor after Detroit got old.  Watching this whole MJ history actually made me have less respect for Jordan.  I know double 3peats is incredible. 

It just makes me love the 2008 Celtics even more, with Doc, KG, PP, Rondo, Ray, JP, and that Ubuntu crew.
I'm sorry but that Indiana team wasn't that good and the Knicks were even worse.  I mean seriously look at that Pacers roster.  The starters were Mark Jackson, Reggie Miller, old Chris Mullin, Dale Davis, and Rik Smits.  Miller clearly the best player, but Miller as best players go isn't that good.  Other starters were all solid above average players, but nothing to write home about.  Antonio Davis, Jalen Rose, and Derrick McKey were solid bench players, but that is really what they were.  So it was a deep team, but one that lacked top end talent.  Because of that I'm not sure that team is actually better than a team like the 17 Wizards (Wall, Beal, Porter, Morris, Gortat, Bogdanovic, Oubre, Jennings, and Smith) or the Blazers of the last few years or the pre-Kawhi Raptors, etc.  All fine teams, but no one would ever mistake them for being great.  The Knicks had a better player at the top but were even worse overall.  I think they might have been the weakest team that's been in the finals in my lifetime (they certainly lost to the weakest champion of my lifetime).  I might take the 07 Cavs over them just given that Lebron (even then) was a superior player to Ewing.  The team talent in the 90's just doesn't measure up to pretty much every other decade (aside from the 70's).  That isn't to say the Bulls wouldn't have been a contender in any decade, they would have, but I'm not so sure the Bulls (even the better 2nd 3 peat) win a title in the 80's (as an example) as I think any of the Lakers, Celtics, Pistons, or Sixers (during their prime seasons) were at least on par if not better than that 2nd 3-peat Bulls team (and they were all better than the 1st 3 peat team). 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

Offline kraidstar

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 2478

I'm sorry but that Indiana team wasn't that good and the Knicks were even worse.  I mean seriously look at that Pacers roster.  The starters were Mark Jackson, Reggie Miller, old Chris Mullin, Dale Davis, and Rik Smits.  Miller clearly the best player, but Miller as best players go isn't that good.  Other starters were all solid above average players, but nothing to write home about.  Antonio Davis, Jalen Rose, and Derrick McKey were solid bench players, but that is really what they were.  So it was a deep team, but one that lacked top end talent.  Because of that I'm not sure that team is actually better than a team like the 17 Wizards (Wall, Beal, Porter, Morris, Gortat, Bogdanovic, Oubre, Jennings, and Smith) or the Blazers of the last few years or the pre-Kawhi Raptors, etc.  All fine teams, but no one would ever mistake them for being great.  The Knicks had a better player at the top but were even worse overall.  I think they might have been the weakest team that's been in the finals in my lifetime (they certainly lost to the weakest champion of my lifetime).  I might take the 07 Cavs over them just given that Lebron (even then) was a superior player to Ewing.  The team talent in the 90's just doesn't measure up to pretty much every other decade (aside from the 70's).  That isn't to say the Bulls wouldn't have been a contender in any decade, they would have, but I'm not so sure the Bulls (even the better 2nd 3 peat) win a title in the 80's (as an example) as I think any of the Lakers, Celtics, Pistons, or Sixers (during their prime seasons) were at least on par if not better than that 2nd 3-peat Bulls team (and they were all better than the 1st 3 peat team).

Agree, TP.

You are right on the money about that era. Hakeem's first title team featured Otis Smith as the second-best player. And who is Otis Smith? I don't even remember.

The 90's were a watered-down expansion era with the stars spread all over the place. Jordan never beat a juggernaut team in his career. The '08 Celtics defeating Kobe, Gasol, and Odom was a bigger victory than anything those Bulls teams did.

IMO Jordan also got a lot of help from the league and refs. They mugged opponents almost as egregiously as the Bad Boy Pistons before them. Whenever they faced a challenge they seemed to start hacking and grabbing and would always get away with it.

Online blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1474

I do agree that MJ's competition in the East wasn't very stiff after then Pistons got old, I even said it in my post that you quoted. 

But I think the 1998 Pacer team was pretty good.  You don't...eh ok.  I don't think it is very easy to compare teams from different eras and different rules.