Author Topic: Wizards (19-62) at Celtics (61-20)  (Read 48934 times)

Re: Wizards (19-62) at Celtics (61-20)
« Reply #60 on: April 15, 2009, 08:54:25 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157
Ray and Paul being there in suits supporting the team when they dont play just makes KG look bad IMO...dude hasnt been around the team in 8 weeks

paul said yesterday he's with them on an everyday basis, he just doesn't suit up and sit on the bench, it makes him extremely uncomfortable.

He watches games in the dressing room. He always has, ever since he was in Minnesota.
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #61 on: April 15, 2009, 08:55:06 PM »

Offline KCattheStripe

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 830
Ray and Paul being there in suits supporting the team when they dont play just makes KG look bad IMO...dude hasnt been around the team in 8 weeks

I'd rather not have a team full of players with concussions they received from chairs being hurled at them from the bench every time they miss a rotation.

« Reply #62 on: April 15, 2009, 08:55:27 PM »

Offline yoursweatersux

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 45
By the way is it just me, or does the Garden sound EMPTY tonight?

« Reply #63 on: April 15, 2009, 08:57:48 PM »

Offline twinbree

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 170
I just love it how Leon creates foul trouble headaches for the other team. Picking up charges on one end then getting to the line on the other end.
Tommy: He's got a line about me. Tell him the line.

Mike: Everybody 60 or over knows Tommy as a player. Everybody 40 or over knows Tommy as a coach. Everybody 20 or over knows Tommy as a broadcaster. And everybody 10 or under thinks he's Shrek.

« Reply #64 on: April 15, 2009, 08:58:02 PM »

Offline TatteredOnMySleeve

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 107

He'll hurt himself. Noones saying KG doesn't wanna be there.

And then people give excuses like this.
He'll hurt himself?
Hes the only player in the NBA not to sit on the sideline and support his team when injured...there really isnt any excuse that logically makes sense..

hes gonna go to crazy? is he that mentally unstable?
When you got it going, you got it going. I just keep my focus down the stretch. That's when I want the ball. I'm just not afraid to fail."-PaulPierce

« Reply #65 on: April 15, 2009, 08:59:34 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 659
  • MASTER OF PANIC
come on boston....pick it up.....thank you eddie...work out of the funk

« Reply #66 on: April 15, 2009, 09:00:09 PM »

Offline fan33

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 5
Spectacular Goal tend by Billy  ;)
"Indefatigable on Defense, defines these Celtics"

« Reply #67 on: April 15, 2009, 09:00:23 PM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120
I just love it how Leon creates foul trouble headaches for the other team. Picking up charges on one end then getting to the line on the other end.

Yes, this is the thing about Leon that makes him so valuable as a bench player.  Stick him in there while the starters are resting and you know he will contribute, even if it is by helping get the other team in foul trouble.  

I forget where I read it, but some of the stats geeks (maybe the one who writes for the WSJ?) really like Leon because of this---
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #68 on: April 15, 2009, 09:01:27 PM »

Offline cordobes

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 576
  • Basketball is like chess, only without the dice

He'll hurt himself?
Hes the only player in the NBA not to sit on the sideline and support his team when injured...there really isnt any excuse that logically makes sense..

Why do you care so much about this? The man is in the locker room, it's not like he's partying or something. It's always been like this since he entered the league. This discussion is so 2001. Why do you want to see Garnett dressed in a suit in the bench? Just move on.

« Reply #69 on: April 15, 2009, 09:01:57 PM »

Offline twinbree

• Jim Loscutoff
I can't get over how spiffy Ray and Paul are looking tonight. 

Mike: Everybody 60 or over knows Tommy as a player. Everybody 40 or over knows Tommy as a coach. Everybody 20 or over knows Tommy as a broadcaster. And everybody 10 or under thinks he's Shrek.

« Reply #70 on: April 15, 2009, 09:03:19 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157

He'll hurt himself?

because clearly if a person doesn't conform to the sterotype of "being with the team" it has to be because he's a moron.

and why does he need an excuse? your not a teamate of his, your view of what he should and shouldn't do has as much impact as mine. zero.

the team is clearly ok with him being with them all day and then watching the game in the locker room (he was at the shootaround according to the globe working out, so he's at the arena.) so who cares?

It hasen't been an issue for 12 years of his career, and i doubt anyone he plays with gives a poop now or thinks its a personal insult or something. Sorry he's ruining our hallmark version of the world, but honestly, i could give a care less if he's on the bench or in the locker room if he's not playing.
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #71 on: April 15, 2009, 09:03:58 PM »

Offline xmuscularghandix

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 280
I can't get over how spiffy Ray and Paul are looking tonight. 

sometimes PP dresses up like Puff Daddy circa 96' but he's lookin good tonight.

« Reply #72 on: April 15, 2009, 09:04:20 PM »

Offline twinbree

• Jim Loscutoff

Yes, this is the thing about Leon that makes him so valuable as a bench player.  Stick him in there while the starters are resting and you know he will contribute, even if it is by helping get the other team in foul trouble.  

I forget where I read it, but some of the stats geeks (maybe the one who writes for the WSJ?) really like Leon because of this---

Exactly. He gets to the line a lot already. His charge drawing skills are just the icing on the cake.

« Reply #73 on: April 15, 2009, 09:04:35 PM »

Offline TatteredOnMySleeve

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 107

He'll hurt himself?

Why do you care so much about this? The man is in the locker room, it's not like he's partying or something. It's always been like this since he entered the league. This discussion is so 2001. Why do you want to see Garnett dressed in a suit in the bench? Just move on.

Why are there a differnt set of rules for KG?
And, no I really dont care to much about it, it just doesnt make sense.
When you got it going, you got it going. I just keep my focus down the stretch. That's when I want the ball. I'm just not afraid to fail."-PaulPierce

« Reply #74 on: April 15, 2009, 09:04:42 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 659
  • MASTER OF PANIC
well my broadband league pass just bit the dust....joke