Author Topic: Wizards (19-62) at Celtics (61-20)  (Read 48876 times)

Re: Wizards (19-62) at Celtics (61-20)
« Reply #195 on: April 15, 2009, 11:12:28 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157
agree...think the bulls are going to push boston in a big way.....don't like this match up at all....young team with something to prove...this is a better team than atlanta last year ....

I disagree. Atlanta had josh smith and al horford, who are two beast players on the rise.

the bulls arent as good as that hawks team, im sorry.
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #196 on: April 15, 2009, 11:13:02 PM »

Offline bruinsandceltics

• NGT
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 130
  • ANYTHING is posssiiibbbbllee
agree...think the bulls are going to push boston in a big way.....don't like this match up at all....young team with something to prove...this is a better team than atlanta last year ....

No they are not. Josh Smith, Al Horford, Mike Bibby and most importantly Joe Johnson.

No. Just no.

« Reply #197 on: April 15, 2009, 11:13:29 PM »

Offline bruinsandceltics

• NGT
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 130
  • ANYTHING is posssiiibbbbllee

I disagree. Atlanta had josh smith and al horford, who are two beast players on the rise.

Dont forget their best player. Joe Johnson.

« Reply #198 on: April 15, 2009, 11:15:15 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson

Dont forget their best player. Joe Johnson.

TP4U, i can't believe i forgot JJ.
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #199 on: April 15, 2009, 11:18:39 PM »

Offline TatteredOnMySleeve

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 107

No they are not. Josh Smith, Al Horford, Mike Bibby and most importantly Joe Johnson.

No. Just no.

Hmm. we'll see dude. Going into that atlanta series, everyone said sweep, sweep... I think this bulls team is much better then last years hawks, and their record proves it.
And dont tell me the midseason trade for bibby made them much better and there record would have been better, because the bulls midseason trade for brad miller and john salmons made them much better, and there record would be much better with them for a full season...also rose has clearly progressed throughout the season. theres not a whole lot of argument, when fact is the bulls are .500 and the hawks were 10+ games below .500. stick to facts

Ben Gordon and John salmons can both score like Joe Johnson on any given night
Derrick rose isnt going to play matador defense like Mike bibby and he has kirk hinrich and linday hunter to back him up..2 other great defenders
Tyrus Thomas is uber athletic like Josh smith, Brad Miller is a better big then anyone on the hawks...shall i go on?

dude youre crazy
When you got it going, you got it going. I just keep my focus down the stretch. That's when I want the ball. I'm just not afraid to fail."-PaulPierce

« Reply #200 on: April 15, 2009, 11:20:08 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 658
  • MASTER OF PANIC
i do remember this:

at chicago on St Patty's day...lost by 6....

-no KG, Baby, tony allen and powe got hurt 4 minutes into the game
-C's were in foul trouble all night....bulls shot 41 FT's
-pierce had 37...salmons 38...cant see salmons scoring like that again

so going by that last game, boston had a chance to win it but came up short....i could see this series being a sweep or going deep....think winning at chicago will be easy for boston but something scares me about the bulls

« Reply #201 on: April 15, 2009, 11:22:47 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson

No. Just no.

Hmm. we'll see dude. Going into that atlanta series, everyone said sweep, sweep... I think this bulls team is much better then last years hawks, and their record proves it.
And dont tell me the midseason trade for bibby made them much better and there record would have been better, because the bulls midseason trade for brad miller and john salmons made them much better, and there record would be much better with them for a full season...also rose has clearly progressed throughout the season. theres not a whole lot of argument, when fact is the bulls are .500 and the hawks were 10+ games below .500. stick to facts

who cares what everyone thought?

every Nba expert thought it was going to be lakers in 4 or 5 last year.

starting 5

bibby < rose
JJ > gordon
Smith > deng
Horford > noah
PAchulia = or slight < to thomas

JJ, smith, and horford are MUCH better players than the bulls counterparts.

« Reply #202 on: April 15, 2009, 11:25:32 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • MASTER OF PANIC
interesting post from the bulls blog:

I commented earlier today that I wasn't enamored of the Magic matchup
that said – I’m not thrilled about the prospect of matching up against the Celtics.

Rose is our most important take-over player on offense and Rondo just happens to be the best PG defender in the game today, and Rondo is very, very good on the pick and roll game – which remains Derrick’s biggest weakness on defense. The Celtics set great screens, so Derrick is going to struggle to stay in front of Rondo. Rondo is just as quick as Rose, and when Derrick is moving laterally and trying to stay in front, especially after getting screened by the C’s bigs… it could get ugly for Derrick.

Gordon needs to be great for us to win games against the Celtics. Ray Allen is going to absolutely abuse him when Ben is on defense, and he should be able to alter Ben’s shots just by way of his height. Ben will be forced to drive more than he likes, and driving into the teeth of that Celtics defense is not going to fun for Ben…at all.

Salmons doesn’t look right lately with the groin injury and Pierce is a great post-season player and is the second best SF in the league (behind only LeBron)… so I’m not thinking very positively about that matchup.

KG appears to get into Tyrus’s head (see: 2-17 shooting game at the start of the season).

Noah should be a solid matchup with Perkins.

Tom Thibodeau’s defensive schemes against Vinny’s “offense” should be quite a site to behold.

This is going to be very, very ugly.

« Reply #203 on: April 15, 2009, 11:29:02 PM »

Offline xmuscularghandix

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 280
interesting post from the bulls blog:

I commented earlier today that I wasn't enamored of the Magic matchup
that said – I’m not thrilled about the prospect of matching up against the Celtics.

Rose is our most important take-over player on offense and Rondo just happens to be the best PG defender in the game today, and Rondo is very, very good on the pick and roll game – which remains Derrick’s biggest weakness on defense. The Celtics set great screens, so Derrick is going to struggle to stay in front of Rondo. Rondo is just as quick as Rose, and when Derrick is moving laterally and trying to stay in front, especially after getting screened by the C’s bigs… it could get ugly for Derrick.

Gordon needs to be great for us to win games against the Celtics. Ray Allen is going to absolutely abuse him when Ben is on defense, and he should be able to alter Ben’s shots just by way of his height. Ben will be forced to drive more than he likes, and driving into the teeth of that Celtics defense is not going to fun for Ben…at all.

Salmons doesn’t look right lately with the groin injury and Pierce is a great post-season player and is the second best SF in the league (behind only LeBron)… so I’m not thinking very positively about that matchup.

KG appears to get into Tyrus’s head (see: 2-17 shooting game at the start of the season).

Noah should be a solid matchup with Perkins.

Tom Thibodeau’s defensive schemes against Vinny’s “offense” should be quite a site to behold.

This is going to be very, very ugly.

after all of those compliments i hate to say it but.... Noah is not gonna be a solid matchup with Perkins. Joke might be ok defensively but that doesn't matter becuase Perks our 5 option.

« Reply #204 on: April 15, 2009, 11:29:49 PM »

Offline gar

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 247
  • Strength from Within
Bulls are deeper than Hawks were.

« Reply #205 on: April 15, 2009, 11:37:32 PM »

Offline twinbree

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 170
I'll wait till after first couple of games go to see how much trouble the Bulls could be because a good part of their problem with the Hawks last year was their own play on the road. As for the Sixers they limped into the playoffs last year too but didn't roll over for the Pistons so who knows?
Tommy: He's got a line about me. Tell him the line.

Mike: Everybody 60 or over knows Tommy as a player. Everybody 40 or over knows Tommy as a coach. Everybody 20 or over knows Tommy as a broadcaster. And everybody 10 or under thinks he's Shrek.

« Reply #206 on: April 15, 2009, 11:39:10 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • MASTER OF PANIC
globe says game is on saturday....has to be early due to the bruins playing that night in the garden

« Reply #207 on: April 18, 2009, 07:15:41 AM »

Offline Actionjakson

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 25
“We don't see ourselves as four All-Stars. We see ourselves as one unit. It's like five fingers on a hand. You can do more damage together as a fist than spread out flat.”
- Rasheed Wallace