Author Topic: Report: Kawhi not interested in playing with Lebron.  (Read 4062 times)

Re: Report: Kawhi not interested in playing with Lebron.
« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2019, 06:27:21 AM »

Offline Androslav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 528
Who is interested in playing with LeBron at all??
Tyson Chandler who ran away out of Phoenix? Which was a wink-wink move in the line of GM J.James and LBJ friendship in the first place. Besides that only Lance and Rondo. The journeymen.
I feel like Paul George was the real best man of this LBJ-LAL (disappointing) marriage.
"The joy of the balling under the rims."

« Reply #16 on: March 10, 2019, 07:04:47 AM »

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1362
Nobody wants to play with LeBum. (Except AD for some reason.) If the team's winning LeBum gets all the credit, if the team's losing LeBum's teammates are to blame.

Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #17 on: March 10, 2019, 08:06:36 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
I think it will hurt them in free agency too, as LeBron throws team mates under the boss regularly.

« Reply #18 on: March 10, 2019, 08:49:20 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
I think it will hurt them in free agency too, as LeBron throws team mates under the boss regularly.

Bosses are heavy too .   ;D

« Reply #19 on: March 10, 2019, 08:58:09 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
other than Lakers ,  i never got the feeling any other team was jumping up and down at the prospect of James joining them . 

If he would just be a part of the team , instead of wanting to RUN the team , he would be in big demand . 

His habits and childish behavior , tantrums ,  etc is all toxic to a team , and at this point withnhis obvious decline , its just not worth the aggravation and team disruption from top to bottom of having him.

Basically Magic was the only one dumb enough at this point to turn over the keys to James one more time. 

I agree with JVG .....i d trade him for the best deal i could get , he isn't winning by himself anymore and he isn't an attraction for FA the caliber needed to makemthe finals. .  But I i wonder with all the baggage he brings how many teams , GMs or coaches really want him around . 

« Reply #20 on: March 10, 2019, 10:11:40 AM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 549
other than Lakers ,  i never got the feeling any other team was jumping up and down at the prospect of James joining them . 

If he would just be a part of the team , instead of wanting to RUN the team , he would be in big demand . 

His habits and childish behavior , tantrums ,  etc is all toxic to a team , and at this point withnhis obvious decline , its just not worth the aggravation and team disruption from top to bottom of having him.

Basically Magic was the only one dumb enough at this point to turn over the keys to James one more time. 

I agree with JVG .....i d trade him for the best deal i could get , he isn't winning by himself anymore and he isn't an attraction for FA the caliber needed to makemthe finals. .  But I i wonder with all the baggage he brings how many teams , GMs or coaches really want him around .
Trading Lebron makes sense if they can't get the AD deal done and it doesn't look like a top free agent wants to go there and play with Lebron.  However his market would seem to be small given his age and baggage.  Really would need to be a team that he'd make a championship contender.  Maybe the Knicks but I wouldn't give up the #1 pick for him.   

« Reply #21 on: March 10, 2019, 10:34:51 AM »

Offline tstorey_97

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 586
REPORT:
Kawhi Leonard widely considered one a NBA's most sensible players.

« Reply #22 on: March 10, 2019, 10:52:50 AM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 412
Who wants to play with James..he put players down and is a coach killer
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #23 on: March 10, 2019, 11:24:15 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533

Trading Lebron makes sense if they can't get the AD deal done and it doesn't look like a top free agent wants to go there and play with Lebron.  However his market would seem to be small given his age and baggage.  Really would need to be a team that he'd make a championship contender.  Maybe the Knicks but I wouldn't give up the #1 pick for him.
Obviously the Lakers aren't trading him, but hypothetically I think it would be a team that has cap issues, but might feel James could elevate them into a different class.  So looking around the league, I think a team like the Wizards makes a lot of sense.  Maybe Beal for James depending on when Wall is due back, I could see that for both teams and Beal has a skill set that would work with any number of other stars.  The other type of team that would make sense is a team that has been a nobody on the national scene.  A team like the Hornets, for example, would make sense, though they would have a trading for him problem as they don't have many big contracts and the one they have has negative value (i.e. Batum).  That might also allow them to keep Kemba Walker (both financially and him wanting to come back). 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #24 on: March 10, 2019, 11:41:14 AM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
On LeBron trade ideas:

(1) San Antonio - DeRozan for LeBron
(2) Portland - CJ McCollum for LeBron
(3) Denver - Jamal Murray, Plumlee and stuff for LeBron
(4) Utah - Favors, Ingles, something for LeBron
(5) Sacramento - Bagley and contracts for LeBron
     Sacramento - Harrison Barnes and picks for LeBron
(6) Minnesota - Wiggins for LeBron
(7) Phoenix - Lotto pick & future picks for LeBron
[8] New York - same as Phoenix
(9) Orlando - Aaron Gordon and T-Ross for LeBron
(10) Miami - Whiteside, Winslow, picks for LeBron
(11) Brooklyn - Ha, D'Angelo Russel for LeBron
(12) Detroit - Blake Griffin or Drummond for LeBron
(13) Philly - if fail in playoffs, Ben Simmons for LeBron?
(14) Indiana - Oladipo for LeBron

« Reply #25 on: March 10, 2019, 11:44:30 AM »

Offline RodyTur10

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 291
  • Always offline from 9pm till 3am
On LeBron trade ideas:

(1) San Antonio - DeRozan for LeBron
(2) Portland - CJ McCollum for LeBron
(3) Denver - Jamal Murray, Plumlee and stuff for LeBron
(4) Utah - Favors, Ingles, something for LeBron
(5) Sacramento - Bagley and contracts for LeBron
     Sacramento - Harrison Barnes and picks for LeBron
(6) Minnesota - Wiggins for LeBron
(7) Phoenix - Lotto pick & future picks for LeBron
[8] New York - same as Phoenix
(9) Orlando - Aaron Gordon and T-Ross for LeBron
(10) Miami - Whiteside, Winslow, picks for LeBron
(11) Brooklyn - Ha, D'Angelo Russel for LeBron
(12) Detroit - Blake Griffin or Drummond for LeBron
(13) Philly - if fail in playoffs, Ben Simmons for LeBron?
(14) Indiana - Oladipo for LeBron

Miami, Detroit and Philadelphia make sense. I especially like the idea for Miami.

« Reply #26 on: March 10, 2019, 12:33:24 PM »

Offline trickybilly

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 617
I still think he stays in Toronto.

Same. My predictions are, KD to Clippers, Kawhi stays, Klay stays.

The two intriguing questions to me is if PHI actually maxes BOTH Butler + Harris, and then obviously does Kyrie stay. Also curious to see where Cousins lands next and what his next deal looks like. Will be a hectic summer for sure.

KD only goes to the Clips if they swing some big trades to improve the roster, which of course is possible. Gallo contract is tradeable. Lou's bargain contract is very tradeable (which will need to be done, unfortuntely).

Montrezl is probably untouchable. Rubio, Ariza and Vooch would all be nice mid-level pieces to bring in...
"Gimme the ball, gimme the ball". Freddy Quimby, 1994.

« Reply #27 on: March 15, 2019, 10:42:51 AM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
I still think he stays in Toronto.

Same. My predictions are, KD to Clippers, Kawhi stays, Klay stays.

The two intriguing questions to me is if PHI actually maxes BOTH Butler + Harris, and then obviously does Kyrie stay. Also curious to see where Cousins lands next and what his next deal looks like. Will be a hectic summer for sure.

KD only goes to the Clips if they swing some big trades to improve the roster, which of course is possible. Gallo contract is tradeable. Lou's bargain contract is very tradeable (which will need to be done, unfortuntely).

Montrezl is probably untouchable. Rubio, Ariza and Vooch would all be nice mid-level pieces to bring in...

I think Vucevic could be looking at a max deal.

« Reply #28 on: March 15, 2019, 10:44:15 AM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
Lebron telling Kawhi "we'll keep in touch" after the Lakers/Raptors game yesterday.

Not sure how that can't be construed as tampering

Regardless, Kawhi didn't seem that engaged with Lebron afterwards.

https://247sports.com/nba/los-angeles-lakers/Article/LeBron-Kawhi-well-be-in-touch-130101557/

« Reply #29 on: March 15, 2019, 10:47:05 AM »

Offline Androslav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 528
Man, Kawhi is cool as Dean Martin.
All other guys bark, he is just silent.
His game speaks for him.

There will never be anyone like him.
"The joy of the balling under the rims."