Author Topic: Cavs have been in contact with Cs about facilitating 3 team deals per ESPN  (Read 56720 times)

Re: Cavs have been in contact with Cs about facilitating 3 team deals per ESPN
« Reply #120 on: December 24, 2014, 12:05:26 PM »

Offline crownontherocks

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 86
Anderson Varejao May Have Torn Achilles

The Cleveland Cavaliers are fearful that Anderson Varejao has suffered a torn Achilles.

The Cavaliers were unable to test the severity of Varejao's injury and he'll undergo an MRI on Wednesday. Varejao landed awkwardly in the second half of the Cavs' win on Tuesday.

If Varejao is out for a significant period, it's believed that the Cavs will intensify their attempts to trade for a big.

Tristan Thompson will likely step into the starting role for Varejao as he recovers. The injury could also mean additional playing time for reserves Lou Amundson and Brendan Haywood.

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/236000/Anderson-Varejao-May-Have-Torn-Achilles

Sorry if this was already posted or old

« Reply #121 on: December 24, 2014, 12:07:25 PM »

Offline colincb

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 501
Trade idea

To cavs: Koufus, Bass
To mem: Jeff Green,  Admunson, Haywood
To Celts:  Waiters, TE, Prince (waived),  memphis 2nd, cavs 2nd

I would be happy with that. Waiters for J.Green (and Bass) is a good return.

I think Waiters is the type of reclamation project worth taking a shot on by Ainge.

Yup. Danny wont be doing anyone a favor.

Bring in waiters and trade, waive nelson at the deadline

Waiters is a cancer and BBIQ nitwit.  We can get Lance for peanuts and recreate the glory of Wicks and Rowe.

« Reply #122 on: December 24, 2014, 12:15:57 PM »

Offline mef730

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 915
Waiters is a cancer...

Couldn't possibly agree more.  I'm not sure where all the love is coming from.  On the other hand, I have a natural bias against players from Syracuse...

Mike

« Reply #123 on: December 24, 2014, 12:18:45 PM »

Offline Jiri Welsch

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 349
Varejao officially out for season with torn Achilles...

Adrian Wojnarowski @WojYahooNBA  ·  1m 1 minute ago
Cleveland center Anderson Varejao has suffered a torn Achilles tendon and will miss the rest of the season, league source tells Yahoo Sports

« Reply #124 on: December 24, 2014, 12:20:23 PM »

Offline TheTruthFot18

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 263
  • Truth Juice
1. Trade wright to CLE ($5 TE) when possible or Bass now
2. Trade Green to a desperate team near the deadline out west for a better return than now
3. Shop anyone else not named Smart, Young, (or Sully and Olynyk for he right price) at the deadline
The Nets will finish with the worst record and the Celtics will end up with the 4th pick.

- Me (sometime in January)

--------------------------------------------------------

Guess I was wrong (May 23rd)

« Reply #125 on: December 24, 2014, 12:23:19 PM »

Offline Jiri Welsch

• Jim Loscutoff
2. Trade Green to a desperate team near the deadline out west for a better return than now
3. Shop anyone else not named Smart, Young, (or Sully and Olynyk for he right price) at the deadline

If we have the option of trading Wright for Memphis' 1st we should do it in a heartbeat.

Bass looks less likely to get dealt if HOU signs Smith, but I'm hoping he and Green get dealt so that we don't have cap holds going into the FA signing period.

« Reply #126 on: December 24, 2014, 12:25:29 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238
No. A TPE can't be traded. It is part of a specific deal, where the team in stead of a player gets a TPE. So it exists only for the team that created it. But we could use it to take Varejao's expiring contract.

I bet this is it.  Somebody would have to give up something decent for our troubles, but this would give Cleveland a big enough exception to get a much better player.

I think the Cavs extended Varejao.  2 years, $20 million left.

That's looking real good right now.   ::)

Never glad a player is injured, but it's about time some bad juju hit the Cavaliers.

The Cavs have had more luck in the past 4 years than the Cs have had in the last 28 years and that most teams have had in the history of their franchises.

3 #1 picks and 2 #4s, the self-proclaimed 'king" returns and they get Love.

No tears  from here.

« Reply #127 on: December 24, 2014, 12:29:01 PM »

Online tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 551
can we send our 13 million dollar trade exception to Cleveland?
They pick up a center and a back up wing/SG?

God if we could get anything for Green we need to do it now.
Danny would pull the trigger for a few 2nd rounders, but no one wants the chump.

We were shopping green but supposedly the deals that were out there weren't too good.  I'm not sure Green gets moved but maybe DA will find something.  Bass is the same issue.  We've been shopping him but no takers so far.

Houston if Josh Smith goes elsewhere might come back for Green again. They still have Terrence jones but who knows.  The teams interested in josh smith that don't get him might look at green again.

DA is always good at waiting until he gets what he wants.  He doesn't just trade for the sake of it.

I don't recall any trade rumor about Houston wanting Green.  If they did, they could have had him for the New Orleans pick.  I would have agreed with you before the Rondo trade but Ainge certainly settled on that one.

There were rumors of green being shopped to Houston along with rondo for parsons, I think it was Lin and Asik. I actually liked that deal.  Ainge might have settled a little but what we got back was similar.  Not parsons.  thing is I actually though Terrence jones made more sense at the time.  The issues with jones anyways there it may have.  The sac trade and all that. I think we did alright.  For what this team is trying to do and build with youth ainge waited and didn't hurt this team.   

Getting those players back isn't necessarily better imo for what we are trying to do.  It's like apples and oranges taking those guys back and having to sign Parsons to an extension.  Going the draft route is good with me.  I was always more on the fence trade rondo or not.   Go all in with the draft or build with rondo. I think we did the right thing.  I hope at least.

I've always hated those in between trades that don't solve anything.

I wouldn't have made the Rondo trade for what we got in return.  I think adding a good player with Rondo and Green would have made us competitive in the weak east so I would have risked losing Rondo for nothing in free agency.

You mean you would have risked losing Rondo AND Green in FA, and I wonder where that good player would have come from.

You're right we could have lost both Rondo and Green for nothing and if Ainge manages to trade Green for a 1st that would mean two late 1sts lost.  However, we'd still have the possibility of getting similar deals via sign and trades.  As to who that good player would be, one possibility is Monroe during free agency.  I have a feeling the trade season is going to be pretty active and Ainge has the assets to outbid anyone if someone he wants becomes available.

Really? Why would the player agree to a S&T when a team could sign him outright without sending an asset out? This has no benefit to anyone other than the Cs.

Because many of the teams that would want them will be over the cap.  Dallas will be after they resign Ellis and Chandler.  Sacramento and Houston will be over the cap. 

« Reply #128 on: December 24, 2014, 12:30:24 PM »

Offline crownontherocks

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 86
One center readily available on the market for Cleveland, but assuredly a last resort: New York's Sam Dalembert.

Wojo

« Reply #129 on: December 24, 2014, 12:33:13 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2666
  • bammokja
This seems like a horrible idea. Again, we are netting nothing for our best asset. How many times are we going to do this? Worst rebuild I can imagine. Late first and 2nd rounders aren't getting us back to being relevant. This rebuild couldn't be going worse.

I've been thinking bout the logjam in PHO, too. But how would even Thomas help us? Smart, although early, doesn't look like he's ever gonna be a star. He's not aggressive attacking the basket... and if he can't succeed in that domain, he's gonna be a role player on a good team. We keep stockpiling role players and I'm going to move to Dallas to become an all-out fan.
the key here is the "early" part, is it not? 13 games is quite a small sample size by which to judge someone's career. i dont disagree that your conclusions maybe ultimately prove correct, but given the basis of 13 games, nor am i convinced of their validity.

how about this? let's wait and see.  ;D

I agree that it's wayyyy too small of a sample size, just a gut intuition that is, admittedly, colored by my frustration right now. It's just feeling that way. I'm kinda disappointed too because he was generally thought of - and rightfully so, imo - one of (if not, solely) the most nba-ready player from this draft class.

Frustration also compounded by having Nelson out there. Taking a step back, I can understand several benefits - it appears Smart isn't ready to take the reigns, can likely (therefore) learn from Nelson, and if that is the case it behooves us (and him) to bring him along gradually in order to facilitate his growth most successfully. Man, I'm just frustratedddd.  :P
agreed on nelson. all i can think of is that ainge wants to turn nelson into crawford, an asset that can be traded for something, anything. come the trade deadline there is a distinct possibility of some team's pg being injured, or, a team needs a backup pg for a playoff push.

in these cases, ainge to the rescue by shipping out nelson for whatever he can get.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #130 on: December 24, 2014, 12:44:05 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2666
  • bammokja
One center readily available on the market for Cleveland, but assuredly a last resort: New York's Sam Dalembert.

Wojo
maybe the cavs would take back zeller in a trade?  ;D
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #131 on: December 24, 2014, 12:46:15 PM »

Online tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson

If we have the option of trading Wright for Memphis' 1st we should do it in a heartbeat.

Bass looks less likely to get dealt if HOU signs Smith, but I'm hoping he and Green get dealt so that we don't have cap holds going into the FA signing period.

Cleveland can't wait till the end of the trade deadline for Wright to become available.  They need a true center now and whichever team facilitates the deal should get a nice return. 
« Last Edit: December 24, 2014, 12:51:39 PM by tazzmaniac »

« Reply #132 on: December 24, 2014, 12:53:07 PM »

Offline Jiri Welsch

• Jim Loscutoff

Cleveland can't wait till the end of the trade deadline for Wright to become available.  They need a true center now and whichever team facilitates the deal should get a nice return.

Trade Zeller back? Too much pride in CLE to do that you think?

« Reply #133 on: December 24, 2014, 12:53:42 PM »

Offline rondoallaturca

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 350
  • DKC Memphis Grizzlies
Memphis gets Jeff Green, Brendan Haywood
Cleveland gets Kosta Koufos
Boston gets 2015 MEM 1st, Tayshaun Prince, Quincy Pondexter

« Reply #134 on: December 24, 2014, 01:01:37 PM »

Online tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson

Trade Zeller back? Too much pride in CLE to do that you think?

You're not allowed to trade a player back within the same season.