Author Topic: Shows that were cancelled (but shouldn't have been)  (Read 25119 times)

Re: Shows that were cancelled (but shouldn't have been)
« Reply #45 on: May 03, 2011, 04:41:04 PM »

Offline MBz

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 30

Studio 60
The Black Donnellys

I loved Studio 60 and the Black Donnellys.  Both very entertaining shows.  I hated when they canceled Black Donnellys.  Their ratings weren't that great, but the last new episode they showed on television was during the NCAA championship game.  Of course they were going to get killed in the ratings.
do it

« Reply #46 on: May 03, 2011, 04:42:30 PM »

Offline celts55

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 574
I like Gravity on Starz, but it appears I was the only one as it was cancelled after one season.

« Reply #47 on: May 03, 2011, 04:45:24 PM »

Offline dtrader

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 42
Can I preemptively say "V" will be canceled too soon?  The show was just picking up steam, and I think it's going to get cut.

Star Trek: Enterprise was another sci-fi show that didn't get a long enough run.

The network is absolutely killing "V" by not having any of the past episodes available online. It's the type of show that people are hesitant to watch deep into the show, and even avid watchers can be put off a bit after missing an episode or two.  I like that show a lot, but since i dont have a dvrit's a struggle to keep up with.  

I think "heroes" should have been handled much better. That show was great at first, and I think some creative writing could've brought it back. I know tons of people who liked it.

An older show that I used to watch that i think got axed prematurely was a sci-fi network show called "space above and beyond".  Not only was it entertaining and well acted, it had many good story lines and often seemed to have some relevance to current events.  

For those interested in animation, the Mtv show "aeon flux" definitely deserved more episodes.

« Reply #48 on: May 03, 2011, 04:47:07 PM »

Offline Bingbangbarros

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 6
Freaks and Geeks was awesome. Highly recommended especially for any fans of That 70's Show or The Wonder Years.

« Reply #49 on: May 03, 2011, 04:47:20 PM »

Online hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2704
Can I preemptively say "V" will be canceled too soon?  The show was just picking up steam, and I think it's going to get cut.

Star Trek: Enterprise was another sci-fi show that didn't get a long enough run.

Star Trek the original series imo was cancelled far too early

« Reply #50 on: May 03, 2011, 04:48:08 PM »

Offline the_Bird

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 176
Not sure that you'd say the Brit "Office" was cancelled, since I'm almost certain it was Gervais' decision to end it so soon.  Kind of like "Flight of the Conchords", I kind of wish the show was still being made but it's also really nice when they end it before it starts to suck.

« Reply #51 on: May 03, 2011, 04:49:04 PM »

Offline StartOrien

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1200
what about the British Office?

British 'Office' was only 2 seasons by design
« Last Edit: May 03, 2011, 05:07:48 PM by StartOrien »

« Reply #52 on: May 03, 2011, 04:50:46 PM »

Offline CelticSteve

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 4
Flash Forward

Life on Mars

« Reply #53 on: May 03, 2011, 04:52:13 PM »

Offline Change

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 544
Jersey Shore....ohh wait- its not cancelled NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

« Reply #54 on: May 03, 2011, 04:52:33 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1549
Everwood
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #55 on: May 03, 2011, 04:52:57 PM »

Offline celts55

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 574
American Idol
Biggest Loser
The Apprentice
Dancing with the Stars

OH, I'M SORRY, i thought it was shows that weren't cancelled but should have been.

My Bad.

« Reply #56 on: May 03, 2011, 04:55:19 PM »

Offline KCattheStripe

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 830
Flash Forward

Life on Mars

Man, Flash Forward had the potential to be great but they just kept making the wrong decisions. For example: When the agent kills himself  because he can't deal with the idea that he was responsible for the death of a woman and her child, that should have been a game-changer  for the series. Characters should have been actively trying to buck their destiny's  or at least treating their flashforward as something that could be avoided. Instead they just walked towards the gallows, as an audience member it ticked me off. Also, they kept killing intriguing characters, like the guy in Africa, the episode they were introduced.

« Reply #57 on: May 03, 2011, 05:16:30 PM »

Offline BringToughnessBack

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 941
Farscape-scifi renewed it for season 5, released press release and then changed their mind and cancelled show after season 4- Are there any sci fi shows left on that channel? I had such high hopes that the channel would flourish with great sci fi

Heroes got shafted without a good resolution by NBC..I am embarrassed to say I liked Surface to on that channel! They always get their fans nicely when they cancel a show..never a follow up movie to close things

Space: Above and Beyond on Fox was a gritty sci fi show that I really enjoyed but got pulled after 1 season

Babylon 5 I could have watched for a few more years...

Battlestar Galactica-new version

Seinfeld- Has there every been a funnier sit com..I miss that show but thank god for Curb Your Enthusiasm!

« Reply #58 on: May 03, 2011, 05:20:47 PM »

Offline the_Bird

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 176
Here's one.

The "Clerks" animated series.  I've started to despise most everything that Kevin Smith does, but the cartoon was pretty [dang] funny and only got two episodes aired. 

« Reply #59 on: May 03, 2011, 05:24:59 PM »

Offline rtifishul

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 21
I'm of the belief that Arrested Development is probably the smartest and cleverest sitcom created since the television was invented.