Author Topic: Lost (TV Show)  (Read 45050 times)

Re: Lost (TV Show)
« Reply #30 on: May 13, 2009, 07:43:08 PM »

Offline Celtic

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 55
  • TRANSFORMATION INTO CHAMPION COMPLETE!!!
The "only placing the bomb into position to be blown up later" idea is a good one, if they blew up the bomb in the past how would the future change if everyone was dead before they were born. Time paradoxes can be incredibly confusing, that's why I get the feeling that they wont change things in the past, only be a part of them.

I too am really looking forward to the Jacob - Locke meeting. I get the feeling that after tonight everyone is back in 2007 for next season and all the questions get answered, at least I hope. Best. Show. Ever.

« Reply #31 on: May 13, 2009, 08:12:16 PM »

Offline bigtyc55

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 5
on the whole jacob matter, i personally believe that jack is jacob/will become jacob.

think about it, jack and everyone he is with are in the year 1977 and lock and his people are in current real time. jack has been making some serious decisions the past week or two and has really established himself as the one in charge right now, especially with the whole h-bomb thing. so locke is going to see jacob, and i think that it will be jack. maybe not tonight on the finale, but think about it. jack will have aged 30 years or so, and will look like his dad, christian, who has really been the only one their who could be jacob in the past episodes. the way he was in the cabin and telling locke what to do, etc. so locke will go meet jacob and it will be jack in the end, 30 years older and more like his dad. also, jack has always been portrayed as a jesus-type figure, the way he saves people and has had to lead his people to a better life. it will be awesome when he comes face to face with locke.

i also think the bomb is what lies in the shadow of the statue. they will come out with the bomb under/near the statue as they are underground in the temple.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2009, 08:19:50 PM by bigtyc55 »

« Reply #32 on: January 28, 2010, 02:59:49 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1619
  • What a Pub Should Be
Figured I'd bump this since we are now less than a week away from the start of the final season.

I know I can barely wait much longer.  Simply one of the best television shows of all-time and the arc finally comes to an end this season. 

Rewatched the season finale the other night.  Nice to get a little refresher, it'd been awhile.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #33 on: January 28, 2010, 04:02:10 PM »

Offline Celtic

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 55
  • TRANSFORMATION INTO CHAMPION COMPLETE!!!
Figured I'd bump this since we are now less than a week away from the start of the final season.

I know I can barely wait much longer.  Simply one of the best television shows of all-time and the arc finally comes to an end this season. 

Rewatched the season finale the other night.  Nice to get a little refresher, it'd been awhile.

Good call, I didn't even realize it was starting next week. I can't wait to see how this whole thing plays out. Fingers crossed that I wont be disappointed.

« Reply #34 on: January 28, 2010, 04:04:36 PM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics

Good call, I didn't even realize it was starting next week. I can't wait to see how this whole thing plays out. Fingers crossed that I wont be disappointed.

The lack of advertising is surprising.

Or is it I just don't watch ABC.  (Should be lots of adds on ESPN though)

« Reply #35 on: January 28, 2010, 04:29:32 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • What a Pub Should Be

The lack of advertising is surprising.

Or is it I just don't watch ABC.  (Should be lots of adds on ESPN though)

That's a good question.  To be honest, besides college football and the occasional Celts game, I don't think there are any shows that I watch on that network.

I think the fact that the producers and writers decided after Season Three that the series would end after Season Six was a great decision.

It gave them an end date and roughly 50+ episodes to tidy things up and get to a definitive end without the worries of serious dwindling audiences or the question of "will they come back for another season or not?"

I mean look at what happened with the X Files....

« Reply #36 on: January 28, 2010, 05:25:20 PM »

Offline hankfinkel

• Author
  • Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 36
Barely can contain my excitement.  As much as I have loved shows like Deadwood, Six Feet Under, Rome, Twin Peaks, Mad Men, Dexter, etc. Lost stands right there in terms of quality with the best (which is amazing for network TV), but because of the intricate mystery and big themes on top of all the great characters, dialogue, and action it really stands alone for me in terms of anticipation week-to-week, season-to-season.  Both glad and sad it will end this year.

Such a unique piece of pop culture, the kind which we may never see again.

« Reply #37 on: January 29, 2010, 02:11:21 AM »

Offline jdpapa3

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 85
So excited for this. I watched all 5 seasons for the first time this summer. It's my favorite show of all time by a longshot.

I can't imagine all of you guys waiting week to week for each show and a whole offseason between season finales. Had to wait months to find out what the hatch was! Crazy.

The first 3 minutes of the season finale of season 5 was so exciting and made the scope of the show ridiculous. I am referring to Jacob talking to the man in black, with something resembling the Black Rock off in the distance.

I hope Hurley turns out to be some sort of hero. I like his character a lot. He reminds me of myself the most(yes, he went into a mental hospital but for legit reasons!). I really like most characters. Some of the better ones are Locke, Linus, Desmond, Sawyer, Juliette, Jin, Faraday, and Jack.

« Reply #38 on: February 02, 2010, 12:31:25 AM »

Offline PosImpos

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 903
  • Rondo = Good
So excited for this. I watched all 5 seasons for the first time this summer. It's my favorite show of all time by a longshot.

I can't imagine all of you guys waiting week to week for each show and a whole offseason between season finales. Had to wait months to find out what the hatch was! Crazy.

The first 3 minutes of the season finale of season 5 was so exciting and made the scope of the show ridiculous. I am referring to Jacob talking to the man in black, with something resembling the Black Rock off in the distance.

I hope Hurley turns out to be some sort of hero. I like his character a lot. He reminds me of myself the most(yes, he went into a mental hospital but for legit reasons!). I really like most characters. Some of the better ones are Locke, Linus, Desmond, Sawyer, Juliette, Jin, Faraday, and Jack.

The more Locke and Ben they have on the show (with a smattering of Jack) the better in my opinion.  Locke and Ben are my two favorite characters.
Never forget the Champs of '08, or the gutsy warriors of '10.

"I know you all wanna win, but you gotta do it TOGETHER!"
- Doc Rivers

« Reply #39 on: February 02, 2010, 02:02:12 AM »

Offline Kuberski33

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 540
What really makes the show great for me are the characters.  Ben is great.  I can't get enough of him.  So is Sawyer.  Just the way his character has evolved from Season 1 has been pretty cool.  But they're all very good.  The other cool thing is the way the plot keeps springing surprises on you.

I'm not a huge TV watcher (other than sports) but I'd say this is the best network show I've ever seen by far. 

« Reply #40 on: February 02, 2010, 03:11:30 AM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
my expectations are low, but it should be fun.

Hopefully they actually had a plan before they started the season. I couldn't believe how dumb the finale to Battlestar Galactica ended up being.  "crap... we have no way of explaining it... umm... hmmm... i know... we'll just say they were angels all along!".  What a cop out.   

« Reply #41 on: February 02, 2010, 03:43:23 AM »

Offline jdpapa3

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 85
my expectations are low, but it should be fun.

Hopefully they actually had a plan before they started the season. I couldn't believe how dumb the finale to Battlestar Galactica ended up being.  "crap... we have no way of explaining it... umm... hmmm... i know... we'll just say they were angels all along!".  What a cop out.   

Just curious why your expectations would be low?

« Reply #42 on: February 02, 2010, 04:24:07 AM »

Offline ederson

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 279

Hopefully they actually had a plan before they started the season.

I think that they had a plan even before the season started. And judging by their ideas so far i`m pretty sure it`s a great one.

« Reply #43 on: February 02, 2010, 09:31:01 AM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • What a Pub Should Be
Can't wait for tonight!

Hopefully they actually had a plan before they started the season.

I think that they had a plan even before the season started. And judging by their ideas so far i`m pretty sure it`s a great one.

Yeah, they've had a plan in place for a few years now.  Ever since they decided that this would be 6 seasons, they knew they had an endpoint to work with and limited episodes to answer things.  This thing isn't going to limp to the finish line like so many other series.  The ending might not please anyone but its not going to be a cop-out by any means.

« Reply #44 on: February 02, 2010, 10:08:53 AM »

Offline Chief

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2450
I'm excited. Just refinished last season's last episode to make sure I had not forgot anything. Jacob said, "Their coming" to the fake Locke. I wonder what that means.
Once you are labeled 'the best' you want to stay up there, and you can't do it by loafing around.

Larry Bird