Author Topic: When did you become a die hard?  (Read 15459 times)

Re: When did you become a die hard?
« Reply #45 on: July 15, 2008, 02:02:29 AM »

Offline LoveTheGreen88

• Open Roster Spot
  • Tommy Points: 1
april fith, 1988...the day i was born.....through thick and thin. First championship of my live time...BOSTON CELTICS 2008!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

« Reply #46 on: July 15, 2008, 02:41:12 AM »

Offline jdub1660

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 87
I came to the Celtics when KG got traded here, he's been my favourite player since I started following basketball (along with Scottie Pippen, but I have to say KG has taken over Pippen as my #1 in the last few years).
While I'm still a relatively new fan here, I'm starting to learn and love Celtics pride. I probably can't call myself a celtic die hard yet, but this might just be the team(possibly along with the wolves) I stick with when KG retires, so maybe I can call myself a celtics die hard soon.

I'm glad I'm not alone to say that too. I've always been a fan of KG. I remember playing NBA game on Sega or SNES back in the day and picking the Twolves cuz the name sounded cool. And I think that was the year KG was drafted. His name rings a bell when I think of players from that team. When I really got into watching basketball back in 2002-2003, I picked back up with the Twolves and KG. I got his jersey for Xmas and everything. Then the next year him and cassell and spreewell made it far into the playoffs and WC Finals before being stopped by the LA Dream team with Karl Malone. After seeing the Wolves die the next year, I actually had hoped he would get traded elsewhere, since I seen how terrible Mchale was at drafting players and making team adjustments. I hate seeing legendary players, specially allstar on and off the court players, true hard workers in their work, go 13-15 years without winning the big one. Pierce had always been a fun player to watch, and a player I always mentioned to be an allstar on a crap team that will never make it big alone. Ray Allen too, b/c I'm a 3 point shooter, and he was a stellar offensive threat that couldn't do much in Seattle alone. When the 3 joined together in Boston, I freaked and remembered and Green's my fav color, and it was time to learn the Boston pride as it was the start to the road to see deserving players finally win rings. Seeing KG cry for a ring was big. It was exactly how you would expect such a prideful and open emotion guy react to getting his ultimate achievement after all these years.
Can't stop, Rondo!

« Reply #47 on: July 15, 2008, 06:41:18 AM »

Offline KG_ended_Bias

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 51
april fith, 1988...the day i was born.....through thick and thin. First championship of my live time...BOSTON CELTICS 2008!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congrats on seeing that 1st title. Nothing is ever going to be sweeter! The title this year for me was ho-hum being it was the 4th I witnessed. And the Championship this year for me was when we beat Detroit because I knew L.A. was no match for us with or without Pau "I had everybody Gassed up" Gasol.

« Reply #48 on: July 15, 2008, 06:56:09 AM »

Offline buckets

• Jordan Walsh
  • Tommy Points: 4
  • si vis pacem, para bellum
though i was too young to remember much of the 80's era celtics, my father was a fan and i started following the team by listening to radio broadcasts at night, awake past my bedtime. i used to listen to glen ordway and jerry sichting and was a huge kevin gamble fan back in the early-mid 90's.  i was watching the game the night "the real" number 34 logged the first celtics triple-double of the post-bird era.

« Reply #49 on: July 15, 2008, 07:19:42 AM »

Offline boscel33

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 166
I've read a few of the posts and realize that I am older than many on the board.  Basketball was not shown a lot when i was growing up.  i knew the exact moment when i became a die hard Celtic fan, the 3OT thriller with Phoenix in 1976 (June 4th to be exact).  I sat there and watched in amazement and was hooked.  I was 12 at the time.

What a ride they have given me over these past 32 years.

Thanks.
"There's sharks and minnows in this world. If you don't know which you are, you ain't a shark."

« Reply #50 on: July 15, 2008, 08:13:54 AM »

KGamblePreBigContract

Red Auerbach baskteball camp held at the celtics summer training facility with pros popping in and out and ncaa players as coaches - Bird was there at least once - I have the autograph.

« Reply #51 on: August 05, 2008, 05:05:59 AM »

Offline xmuscularghandix

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 280
2001, i had a pierce, and walker jersey (pierce i still have and wore this year as my lucky shirt, antoine has been replaced with a newer antoine C's jersey that i got on ebay) My favorite player on the team was rodney rogers.

[img width= height=]http://www.planet-sports.de/images/products/large/l_converse_pro_leather_vr_ox_blackwhite.jpg[/img]

that year i bought these shoes cause i like chuck taylors but wanted real sneakers so i got these converse, and found to my surprise THAT THOSE WERE THE SAME SNEAKERS RODNEY WORE. a very pleasant coincidence.

« Reply #52 on: August 05, 2008, 07:20:19 AM »

Offline fifas

• Jaden Springer
  • Tommy Points: 1
Well I became a die hard fan in the beginning of the 80's.

I was like 8-9 years old at the time. It was hard to follow the team from abroad (I was living in africa) but the worst was my brother being a Lakers fan. AARRRGGHHH!!

Since then with a lot of persistence and argumentation, I have managed to turn him also in a die hard fan of the Celtics!!! He has became even more fanatic than me! What a turn of events, isnīt it?

YES, screw those yellow clowns.