Author Topic: The key for Danny Ainge  (Read 1893 times)

Re: The key for Danny Ainge
« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2016, 12:42:09 PM »

Offline passesofftodj

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 20
The only way I am giving up anything other than Lee, lower picks or maybe Sully is for at least Hayward.  I don't mind Horford but that is not even close to enough to win a championship.  I despise Howard. 

I would also be working to trade some of this year's picks for later years picks or draft and stash if you have to.  I prefer getting younger and I really like this core.  Yes upgrades are needed, but the only players mentioned at all that I would want are Blake/Hayward/Noel/Winslow. 

The point to me is to get in championship position in about 3 years.  Short term there is nothing the team can do that is going to produce a championship.  Even if they get a Cousins they are not going to beat the Warriors in a series.  Blowing the chemistry and denting the future to lose in 6 to the Cavs who will lose in 6 to the Warriors is not worth it.  There is a chance this team could go to the ECF and win a game or two as is.

« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2016, 12:59:36 PM »

Offline Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 870
No declining old stars. Build through the draft and free agency.
Especially those at the end of their contracts like Howard and Horford.

But if we are talking Harden or Monroe, much different story in my opinion.  I would be happy to trade some of our picks for guys like this.

« Reply #17 on: February 12, 2016, 01:19:07 PM »

Offline DesertDweller

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 92
Danny will do the right thing.  he is not going to throw just anyone into the middle of something so beautiful that Stevens has worked so hard to perfect.
we all see different players being the right fit for the job but I'm inclined to leave it up to Mr. Ainge, who's done a dang good job so far!!!

« Reply #18 on: February 12, 2016, 01:24:44 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
Was that what they said about Garnett and Allen, too?
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #19 on: February 12, 2016, 01:26:58 PM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft

But if we are talking Harden or Monroe, much different story in my opinion.  I would be happy to trade some of our picks for guys like this.
I think it all comes down to value. If you can get a guy who is considered a "declining old star" for a reasonable price and you think the player is less likely to decline than the general consensus then an older player isn't the worst idea.

DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #20 on: February 12, 2016, 01:42:43 PM »

Offline HuskerCeltic

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 4
I say, unless you get someone for free (like last year with IT) don't do anything.
We are not winning this year, no point to risk anything at the deadline.
Let this group do their best and deserve their outcome in this play off.
They are very entertaining and we are all proud of them.
Stick to move Lee and let Mickey have some garbage minutes.

And just make 8 picks in the draft?

Well, there's this. And also, while this team looks very nice and likely could get out of the first round, if we made some upgrades like Horford and/or Howard, could we make it to the Conference Finals and maybe even give LeBron a run for his money?

Even if we lost, say 4-2, in the ECF, it'd still be a great marketing pitch to Durant that he could be the missing piece that gets the C's through the East to the Finals in '16-17.

My first post so someone please throw me a TP.

The current chemistry vs. the deep bench and the draft picks are a big factor in how we move forward. We need to get quality for quantity and not disrupt the apple cart. My gut says that this means we will make bigger moves after the season. We will know what our BKN pick will be and other teams will be looking to add picks for the draft then. If there is something prior to the deadline that makes the team better and fits the quality for quantity then we may see something.

With that said, I hope we put out low bid offers and get a bite, we may still get a Monroe or Horford (No Dwighmare scenario that I see happening) but I doubt it. Then fireworks will be a requirement after the season.

Guaranteed fireworks sound like fun.