Author Topic: Should Brad Stevens be fired?  (Read 47086 times)

Re: Should Brad Stevens be fired?
« Reply #165 on: September 20, 2020, 12:37:38 AM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
Is this really going to become the new, infamous "any Terry Rozier fans" thread?  :P

Are there still Terry Turd fans?

And, yes, Brad should still be fired.  He's lucky he has so much talent at his disposal even if he is clueless on how to manage it.

If only we had a real coach like Doc Rivers.  His teams would never choke away big leads in playoff games. /sarcasm

Why is it because of talent when we win, but because of coaching when we lose?
Because people need someone to point the finger at when we lose, and even sometimes when we win  ;D

Eh, some of us have rightly been pointing the finger at Brad for years.  He's not an NBA level head coach.  He'd probably be a great assistant, given he is actually rather good at player development, but he should not be the lead guy.  He doesn't know how to manage big personalities and is terrible with in-game decisions.

« Reply #166 on: September 20, 2020, 12:37:43 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Is this really going to become the new, infamous "any Terry Rozier fans" thread?  :P

And, yes, Brad should still be fired.  He's lucky he has so much talent at his disposal even if he is clueless on how to manage it.

If only we had a real coach like Doc Rivers.  His teams would never choke away big leads in playoff games. /sarcasm

Except Heat are winning because of coaching.

Besides, wasn’t the CBS narrative generally “he gets so much out of so little?” I think this is the first year where we actually have more talent.
So then by extension they lost because Brad outcoached Spo? Right?
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #167 on: September 20, 2020, 12:38:38 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach

Because people need someone to point the finger at when we lose, and even sometimes when we win  ;D

Eh, some of us have rightly been pointing the finger at Brad for years.  He's not an NBA level head coach.  He'd probably be a great assistant, given he is actually rather good at player development, but he should not be the lead guy.  He doesn't know how to manage big personalities and is terrible with in-game decisions.
What is your standard? I don't think he's fluked his way to 3 ECF appearances in 4 years. That doesn't just happen to someone who would "probably be a great assistant"

Ludicrous

« Reply #168 on: September 20, 2020, 12:40:09 AM »

Offline RPGenerate

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 468

I'm sure you have. I'm sure you were yelling "FIRE BRAD!!!" when he consistently overachieved with those IT teams. I'm sure when he took the 2018 team to the conference finals that you wanted his head. Give me a break.
2023 No Top 75 Fantasy Draft Los Angeles Clippers
PG: Dennis Johnson / Jo Jo White / Stephon Marbury
SG: Sidney Moncrief / World B. Free
SF: Chris Mullin / Ron Artest
PF: Detlef Schrempf / Tom Chambers / Buck Williams
C: Ben Wallace / Andrew Bynum

« Reply #169 on: September 20, 2020, 12:53:44 AM »

Offline BringToughnessBack

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 941
Celtics win a game, keep Brad
Celtics lose a few close games , fire Brad

Wonder how Boston got such a bad reputation for some fans being toxic.....

Tell me a free agent coach who is better...you will not be able to because the list is zero....

Brad is the perfect coach to help us win a few titles in the coming years...he might even surprise this year too

« Reply #170 on: September 20, 2020, 12:56:56 AM »

Offline Rikibellevie

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 282

An assistant... What a joke your post is. 90% of the teams in the league would dream to have CBS coaching their team and all the coach of the league have already made mistakes or have had bad periods... Including Pop and Kerr.
He overachieved each years since he is there but last year, the players, the coaches, the medias all around the league recognize his talent, not only on the paperboard...

You look at his image (like all the "boy scoot brat post"), not at who he really is as a coach and as a person. Blind people.

« Reply #171 on: September 20, 2020, 12:58:27 AM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
I can tell by all the personal attacks ya'll clearly have nothing better to say.  I'm not particularly fazed.  If you want to apologize and defend Brad's shortcomings, go ahead, it doesn't matter.  He's still the wrong guy for the job regardless.

« Reply #172 on: September 20, 2020, 01:09:31 AM »

Offline RPGenerate

• Antoine Walker
I can tell by all the personal attacks ya'll clearly have nothing better to say.  I'm not particularly fazed.  If you want to apologize and defend Brad's shortcomings, go ahead, it doesn't matter.  He's still the wrong guy for the job regardless.
Are we really playing the "you hurt my feelings" card? Everyone had plenty to say, and none of it was "personal attacks". If you can't take someone strongly disagreeing with you on the internet, I'm sorry to hear it.

« Reply #173 on: September 20, 2020, 01:17:40 AM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
Are we really playing the "you hurt my feelings" card? Everyone had plenty to say, and none of it was "personal attacks". If you can't take someone strongly disagreeing with you on the internet, I'm sorry to hear it.

LOL....trust me nobody here is here is hurting my feelings. I'd have to actually care what you think. I don't.

But you are wrong, unequivocally, about this topic.   He's not a good coach, whether you can see it or not. I don't care that you or others disagree, it's meaningless to me. Are you changing your opinion because of mine?

« Reply #174 on: September 20, 2020, 01:23:10 AM »

Offline RPGenerate

• Antoine Walker

LOL....trust me nobody here is here is hurting my feelings. I'd have to actually care what you think. I don't.

But you are wrong, unequivocally, about this topic.   He's not a good coach, whether you can see it or not. I don't care that you or others disagree, it's meaningless to me. Are you changing your opinion because of mine?
Good to know you have nothing meaningful on to say, other than "I'm right and you're wrong" and "I don't care what you think". Goodbye.

« Reply #175 on: September 20, 2020, 01:29:16 AM »

Offline Rikibellevie

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 282

My gosh,crazy people ! (this time you can bring back the "personnal attack" narration)

Almost sure even if/when CBS will coach us to the title, you will still say he isn't the right guy... to win it.... Because you are right, hatever other think, wathever the facts are, whatever the sense of earth is turning... Blindness... Ego... A big part of humanity in you. Goodbye !

« Reply #176 on: September 20, 2020, 01:32:40 AM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey

Good to know you have nothing meaningful on to say, other than "I'm right and you're wrong" and "I don't care what you think". Goodbye.

Eh, I've laid out multiple times my reasons for why I find Brad to be a subpar coach. If you want to ignore that or dismiss it that's your business. If you want to leave over it feel free.

« Reply #177 on: September 20, 2020, 03:15:14 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
Pretty lame attempt to play the victim here. Claiming personal attacks after your point is rightfully torn apart is weak. Claiming to be “unequivocally” correct in your out of touch criticisms of one of the most widely respected coaches in all of basketball is hilarious. Keep it up, those who know more than you disagree vehemently

« Reply #178 on: September 20, 2020, 03:15:30 AM »

Offline LilRip

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 391

Except Heat are winning because of coaching.

Besides, wasn’t the CBS narrative generally “he gets so much out of so little?” I think this is the first year where we actually have more talent.
So then by extension they lost because Brad outcoached Spo? Right?

Yes, CBS had a good gameplan tonight and it showed.

Plus it helps that the C’s have more talent. I can’t imagine the Heat ever blowing the C’s out because of this talent disparity (barring some amazing slump or some amazing hot streak).

But the fact remains: CBS (and by extension, the team) wasn’t ready for the Heat and their zone in game 1-2.

I don’t know if you’re confusing me for someone else. I’m not in the “fire CBS” camp. But I’m not absolving him for his performance in game 1-2. He had a couple of moments (playing Kanter, playing Grant) but went away from it, and I thought he had a great back and forth with nick nurse (who also coached the heck out of that series) in the previous series, but Spoelstra’s Heat were prepared  and the C’s looked lost. When 5 guys look like a mess out on the court, I think that’s largely on the coach.
- LilRip

« Reply #179 on: September 20, 2020, 03:24:45 AM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990
I just hope moving forward, no more Semi Ojeleye. And keep Brad Wanamaker on a short leash.

Other than that, please continue attacking the paint. Quit chucking 3's or taking stupidly bad 3's. Quit doing ISO balls. Play more G-Will. Play some Timelord too. Kanter looked to be interesting tonight. We need guys who can grab the offensive boards too.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)