Author Topic: Bill Simmons says Rozier has been unhappy w/ his PT all season  (Read 2612 times)

Re: Bill Simmons says Rozier has been unhappy w/ his PT all season
« Reply #15 on: November 07, 2018, 12:54:49 PM »

Offline Rosco917

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 559
I hope wherever Terry goes he settles down and thinks about someone besides himself. No way can I see him being a starting PG on a team having veteran or very experienced players. Yet Terry has had the luxury of playing behind some very talented offensive minded PG's. (IT and Kyrie) Although neither could be called traditional.   

Phoenix is a good place for him and they are in desperate need for a PG. Because that Ayton kid is going to be a force very shortly. Terry would be a nice fit there.

The question is, what do we get in return.

« Reply #16 on: November 07, 2018, 12:59:12 PM »

Offline mef730

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 907
I'll always be grateful to him for how he came through for us in the playoffs last year, and I'll be the loudest guy cheering when he gets introduced as a member of the Magic, Suns or wherever he ends up.

Then I'll boo him for the rest of the game.

Mike

« Reply #17 on: November 07, 2018, 01:37:25 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1406
  • Let's Go Celtics!
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #18 on: November 07, 2018, 01:43:28 PM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1469
Rozier is in a tough situation.  He did more than prove himself in the playoffs last year.  He stepped in and really lowered his TOs and found a good balance between his more natural ball dominating tendencies and the type of basketball we needed to play to be successful. 

If he wants to continue to develop as a player he needs bigger minutes.  It just isn't going to happen here behind KI.  I hope that he can deal with the minutes issue for the rest of the year enough that he can contribute to a championship run for us. 

« Reply #19 on: November 07, 2018, 02:39:47 PM »

Offline PAOBoston

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 533
Rozier gets a tough go on here from people but he’s been what the Cs hopes for when they drafted him: a solid backup guard who’s improved every year. Unfortunately, they won’t be able to pay him what he’s worth and even though Simmons is a clown, that plot line is pretty believable. I would not be shocked if Rozier gets traded for a late first rounder or reclamation/out of favor young player.

« Reply #20 on: November 07, 2018, 03:03:25 PM »

Offline playdream

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 88
This is not a good look for him at all

He played like trash when team ball and sacrifice is being demand and become a huge distraction by complain to the media about PT

I think our origin plan was to keep him whole year for Kyrie injury insurance but now his ego grows too big we need to trade him ASAP and Danny knows this

« Reply #21 on: November 07, 2018, 04:00:21 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
Has anyone gotten a quote from Terry on this? This is contrary to every thing he has said on the record since the pre-season.

Won't be the first time Simmons makes up a rumor; or passes along something that has no substance.

« Reply #22 on: November 07, 2018, 04:08:56 PM »

Offline Bobshot

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 141
Has anyone gotten a quote from Terry on this? This is contrary to every thing he has said on the record since the pre-season.

Won't be the first time Simmons makes up a rumor; or passes along something that has no substance.

Yeah, I don't trust Simmons, who makes about $3 million a year dreaming up trades on Twitter.
You wonder how these guys got to where they are, but it's the entertainment business. It's all part of the fake news syndrome. The media is about 10% fact and 90% opinion these days.

« Reply #23 on: November 07, 2018, 05:13:26 PM »

Offline GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1031
Understandable that he wants more time after his success as a starter, but he should know his role here. I’m not gonna crucify him because nothing he has said or done (other than being a little extra aggressive while on the court) suggests this is a problem.

I still think Ainge has to hold him until Kyrie actually resigns. He’s our insurance policy that we also have rights to, so we could match and trade him midseason.

So far, not too worried about his attitude.
CELTICS 2024

« Reply #24 on: November 07, 2018, 05:23:43 PM »

Offline mmmmm

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 862
He shouldn't be complaining when shooting just 35% from the field and averaging just 2.1 assists in 23 minutes per game.

Not being happy with his reduced minutes doesn't mean he's complaining.  No one has reported that he is complaining.

I doubt any player is ever going to be happy about reduced minutes, especially in a contract season.

I also doubt he's alone right now on the team with being unhappy with their minutes, role or performance or some combination.   When a team isn't winning games that it thinks it should, players usually aren't happy.   That doesn't mean they are all complaining.

I don't want players who are "happy" with reduced roles or sub-par performance anyway.   
NBA Officiating - Corrupt?  Incompetent?  Which is worse?  Does it matter?  It sucks.

« Reply #25 on: November 07, 2018, 05:43:07 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Maybe he should be a better player then
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #26 on: November 07, 2018, 05:57:43 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
been kinda unimpressive imo

« Reply #27 on: November 07, 2018, 06:06:06 PM »

Offline TheLegendaryClub

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 130
Been saying since last season, Rozier is a streaky offensive player and a poor ball distributor. When he's hot, he's a tremendous weapon on offense--but he doesn't seem to get hot coming off the bench, and he's obviously not going to start when Kyrie is healthy. 

Ainge made the right decision going with Smart for the long term. Smart, for all his warts, is a more impactful player and more valuable teammate. His defensive hustle makes an immediate impact when he enters the game, and he's become a fairly skilled passer--the ball movement when he's distributing is certainly MUCH better than when Rozier is out there pounding the rock.

I appreciate what T-Ro did in the playoffs, but when he's not cooking on offense he isn't much help. If he's that disgruntled I think you have to trade him and let Smart/Brown absorb his minutes.

(Kind of funny that we were all worried about Marcus Morris, but he's been absolutely balling in limited minutes while T-Ro is the disgruntled odd man out.)

« Reply #28 on: November 07, 2018, 06:07:50 PM »

Offline knuckleballer

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 664
He shouldn't be complaining when shooting just 35% from the field and averaging just 2.1 assists in 23 minutes per game.

Not being happy with his reduced minutes doesn't mean he's complaining.  No one has reported that he is complaining.

I doubt any player is ever going to be happy about reduced minutes, especially in a contract season.

I also doubt he's alone right now on the team with being unhappy with their minutes, role or performance or some combination.   When a team isn't winning games that it thinks it should, players usually aren't happy.   That doesn't mean they are all complaining.

I don't want players who are "happy" with reduced roles or sub-par performance anyway.

Maybe this is a baseless rumor, but if it's true, then how do people know he's unhappy and why unless he's telling people?  If he's telling people he's unhappy with his role and minutes, then he's complaining.  23 minutes per game for a contender isn't bad and isn't something he should be complaining about especially when he's playing like crap.

I want guys focused on doing what is best for the team.  He can worry about finding another team and situation after the season.

« Reply #29 on: November 07, 2018, 06:21:55 PM »

Offline mmmmm

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 862

Maybe this is a baseless rumor, but if it's true, then how do people know he's unhappy and why unless he's telling people?  If he's telling people he's unhappy with his role and minutes, then he's complaining.  23 minutes per game for a contender isn't bad and isn't something he should be complaining about especially when he's playing like crap.

I want guys focused on doing what is best for the team.  He can worry about finding another team and situation after the season.
Hypothetical:
BS:  So, Terry.  Would you like to be playing more minutes?
TR:  Well, sure.  Yeah.  I wish I was playing more.  I think I can do more and I want to help us win!   But we have lots of great players here and we all feel that way.

Is that "complaining"?

The point is, we have zero knowledge at this time what was said and by whom.   Any speculations to support a negative aspersion or a positive spin is just that, speculation.  And not at all fair to the player.  Or us fans either, for that matter.

Simmons dropping this is typical "journalism" these days where the only purpose is to generate clicks.   Don't be a puppet, letting your strings get yanked.   Wait for real information.  THEN get mad/disgusted/whatever.   At least then your reaction might be justified.   Or you may find there is nothing to be mad about.
NBA Officiating - Corrupt?  Incompetent?  Which is worse?  Does it matter?  It sucks.