Author Topic: 2nd ACL injury  (Read 18724 times)

Re: 2nd ACL injury
« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2010, 01:37:48 AM »

Offline Dybdal

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 31
Maybe it's time to take up golf?

Seriously, I'm wishing you well and hope this surgeon knows what he's doing. Cleveland Clinic is one of the best hospitals in the USA though so you'll be in good hands, hopefully.

Have a quick recovery and start thinking about saving some money for some clubs. ;) ;D

All the best to you.

As someone who has gone though this kind of injury at a younger age, i can most def' nod at the golf portion of what Nick says, i tryed to get back into swing after my surgeon went to work but dealing with constant pains just was not worth it in the end.
"Leadership is diving for a loose ball, getting the crowd involved, getting other players involved. It`s being able to take it as well as dish it out. That`s the only way you`re going to get respect from the players"

- Larry Bird

« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2010, 02:10:58 AM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 777
Hey man I have a knee injury as well. Tore my meniscus last year and haven't gotten surgery on it yet. I get a lot of fluid in my knee but still play ball every chance I can get. But hey best of luck to you and and have a safe surgery!
Geez. Do you have surgery scheduled?

« Reply #17 on: April 07, 2010, 07:06:27 AM »

Offline GroverTheClover

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 167
Hey man I have a knee injury as well. Tore my meniscus last year and haven't gotten surgery on it yet. I get a lot of fluid in my knee but still play ball every chance I can get. But hey best of luck to you and and have a safe surgery!

Man, we knee'd (HA! HA! I MADE A LOL) a knee support group or something on CB. I've got a partially torn left meniscus too. I'm looking to get surgery after the Bar in early August. The swelling can be painful, plus sitting in traffic, it stiffens up alot, which sucks because it's my clutch foot.

« Reply #18 on: April 07, 2010, 08:02:25 AM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 3632
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
Sorry to hear about that, Bud ... patience is the thing with any soft tissue injury ... it takes much longer to heal than bone, so take it easy and follow your doctor's instructions ... and do NOT expect too much too soon, or you'll go right back to the beginning, or even worse. (TP to help the healing, Bud)
2010 PAPOUG, 2012 & 2017 PAPTYG CHAMP, HD BOT

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #19 on: April 07, 2010, 09:26:40 AM »

Kiorrik

I know how ya feel, Ohio. Have a long history with ankle injuries, including having a surgeon chop the thing open to shorten one of the erm... what's the English word... Ligaments? It's like like the thing that holds the ankle in place, not the muscle.

What I wanted to say was; good luck, I know it's a long and draining experience. You gotta pull through though; playing basketball rocks :p

Btw, how did it happen precisely?

« Reply #20 on: April 07, 2010, 01:20:02 PM »

Offline Ohio Celtics Fan

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 18
  • GM - NYK
I know how ya feel, Ohio. Have a long history with ankle injuries, including having a surgeon chop the thing open to shorten one of the erm... what's the English word... Ligaments? It's like like the thing that holds the ankle in place, not the muscle.

What I wanted to say was; good luck, I know it's a long and draining experience. You gotta pull through though; playing basketball rocks :p

Well, as I've come to find out I was trying to guard Deonta Vaughn. My best friend I went with was like dude I can't believe we got to play with him, I was just like what? What are you talking about?

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/player/profile?playerId=31675

I had no idea, I feel kind of stupid now because I actually follow Cincinnati basketball a little since I grew up in Cincy. Though I feel really proud now because I had outscored him 13 to 10 in the game :D Anyway, he crossed me over as I lunged for a steal and I tried to go back in the opposite direction, my leg from the knee down remained planted while my thigh went in another direction, creating a lovely tearing motion :(

Thanks for the well wishes, Kiorrik.
CB Draft - New York Knicks
PG: George Hill / Nate Robinson
SG: Dwyane Wade / Gerald Henderson / Christian Eyenga
SF:  Grant Hill / Paul George / Earl Clark
PF:  Kenyon Martin / Jordan Hill / (Earl Clark)
C:   Greg Oden / Kurt Thomas / Hilton Armstong

« Reply #21 on: April 07, 2010, 01:24:00 PM »

Kiorrik

Well, as I've come to find out I was trying to guard Deonta Vaughn. My best friend I went with was like dude I can't believe we got to play with him, I was just like what? What are you talking about?

I had no idea, I feel kind of stupid now because I actually follow Cincinnati basketball a little since I grew up in Cincy. Though I feel really proud now because I had outscored him 13 to 10 in the game :D Anyway, he crossed me over as I lunged for a steal and I tried to go back in the opposite direction, my leg from the knee down remained planted while my thigh went in another direction, creating a lovely tearing motion :(

Ugh.

Seen that a few too many times.

Used to play handball. A bit rougher than basketball, and about as injury prone. Fun, but you see a lot of people go down.

Amazingly enough, most really rough injuries happen when there's no one there, and are hardly ever anyones fault.

« Reply #22 on: April 07, 2010, 01:28:26 PM »

Offline Ohio Celtics Fan

• Jaylen Brown
  • GM - NYK

Ugh.

Used to play handball. A bit rougher than basketball, and about as injury prone. Fun, but you see a lot of people go down.

Amazingly enough, most really rough injuries happen when there's no one there, and are hardly ever anyones fault.

Yeah, I'm just glad it wasn't as bad as the first injury.

The last time it happened I had to pop my knee back into joint. By far the grossest noise I've ever heard.

I'm still amazed to this day I had the balls to do it :P

« Reply #23 on: April 07, 2010, 01:31:55 PM »

Kiorrik

Ugh.

Yeah, I'm just glad it wasn't as bad as the first injury.

The last time it happened I had to pop my knee back into joint. By far the grossest noise I've ever heard.

I'm still amazed to this day I had the balls to do it :P
WOW now :]] that's a bit too much rofl! I still got steak in a few minutes... or maybe I should save that for tonight... hmmm...

But yeh, that sounds horrible. It's amazing though, what you can do when you *have* to. What we can play through, what we can live through, pain-wise.

Man, reminds me of a few horrible ones >_<

« Reply #24 on: April 07, 2010, 01:37:45 PM »

Offline Ohio Celtics Fan

• Jaylen Brown
  • GM - NYK
LOL, I hope I didn't ruin your steak :P

Yeah, I was laying there on the court and in my mind it came down to the paramedics doing it or myself doing it. Yeah... I'd rather do it.

« Reply #25 on: April 07, 2010, 01:40:38 PM »

Offline Witch-King

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 143
  • "Just do what you do best" - Red Auerbach
wow, I wish you better luck man - hopefully you can recover and return to ballin again/have something positive to start a topic about - I've never had any serious leg injuries, and I thank God every day for that. I play soccer, bball and run alot so my legs are probably my favorite appendages - I can't even imagine how discouraging it could be to try and come back from a re-aggravated leg injury, the closest I could relate to you is watching the lowly Cincinnati Bengals' star QB Carson Palmer tear both his ACL and MCL on the same play (I've tried to block that mental image from my mind for many years seeing as that incident occured on a 63 yd pass completion by Palmer during the Bengals' first playoff appearance in 10 years, and we later lost that game). I hope for a speedy recovery...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VGcNRb5WI1g
« Last Edit: April 07, 2010, 02:12:55 PM by Kiorrik »
~W. King of Angmar/Dark Lord Sauron, "Sore-on", "Score-on", "Slore-on"/"W. King", "D. Lord" (Wins, Defense)/"W-itch King" (haha), All I do is win, and Cincy - TayoFromOhio 😄

« Reply #26 on: April 07, 2010, 01:44:22 PM »

Kiorrik

wow, I wish you better luck man - hopefully you can recover and return to ballin again/have something positive to start a topic about - I've never had any serious leg injuries, and I thank God every day for that. I play soccer, bball and run alot so my legs are probably my favorite appendages - I can't even imagine how discouraging it could be to try and come back from a re-aggravated leg injury, the closest I I could relate to you is watching the lowly Cincinnati Bengals' star QB Carson Palmer tear both his ACL and MCL on the same play (I've tried to block that mental image from my mind for many years seeing as that incident occured on a 63 yd pass completion by Palmer during the Bengals' first playoff appearance in 10 years, and we later lost that game). I hope for a speedy recovery...
You know when you got a blunt knife, and are cutting through some meat with one of those tendons still in it? Or whatever that white thread is :p And you have a bit of trouble getting through that? And you like, try and try but the knife is just a tad too blunt so it takes a while and all the while, the meat is getting a bit colder and colder?

That's what your life is like when you have such an injury and have to fight back to get back to eating your steak.

Steak rules.

:')

« Reply #27 on: April 07, 2010, 02:07:41 PM »

Offline Ohio Celtics Fan

• Jaylen Brown
  • GM - NYK
wow, I wish you better luck man - hopefully you can recover and return to ballin again/have something positive to start a topic about - I've never had any serious leg injuries, and I thank God every day for that. I play soccer, bball and run alot so my legs are probably my favorite appendages - I can't even imagine how discouraging it could be to try and come back from a re-aggravated leg injury, the closest I I could relate to you is watching the lowly Cincinnati Bengals' star QB Carson Palmer tear both his ACL and MCL on the same play (I've tried to block that mental image from my mind for many years seeing as that incident occured on a 63 yd pass completion by Palmer during the Bengals' first playoff appearance in 10 years, and we later lost that game). I hope for a speedy recovery...

Yeah man, I was watching that game, I'm a die hard Bengals fan. I remember just cringing it was so painful to see. At the same time I was thinking well at least that wont ever happen to me. 5 years and 2 ACL tears later (including an MCL and Meniscus tear the first time) I WAS WRONG! lol

« Reply #28 on: April 07, 2010, 02:16:11 PM »

Offline Witch-King

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 143
  • "Just do what you do best" - Red Auerbach

Yeah man, I was watching that game, I'm a die hard Bengals fan. I remember just cringing it was so painful to see. At the same time I was thinking well at least that wont ever happen to me. 5 years and 2 ACL tears later (including an MCL and Meniscus tear the first time) I WAS WRONG! lol

Well there may not be much hope for the Bengals (Palmer is so paranoid nowadays that he thinks a fatality might occur on-field if the league remains so violent) but I'm sure in your case at least you won't have to worry about being sacked by a 300 pound freight train anytime soon...  ;D

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/09/08/carson-palmer-predicts-a-fatality/

hopefully your leg heals quickly and properly...
~W. King of Angmar/Dark Lord Sauron, "Sore-on", "Score-on", "Slore-on"/"W. King", "D. Lord" (Wins, Defense)/"W-itch King" (haha), All I do is win, and Cincy - TayoFromOhio 😄

« Reply #29 on: April 07, 2010, 02:20:22 PM »

Offline Ohio Celtics Fan

• Jaylen Brown
  • GM - NYK

Well there may not be much hope for the Bengals (Palmer is so paranoid nowadays that he thinks a fatality might occur on-field if the league remains so violent) but I'm sure in your case at least you won't have to worry about being sacked by a 300 pound freight train anytime soon...  ;D

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/09/08/carson-palmer-predicts-a-fatality/

hopefully your leg heals quickly and properly...

I literally lol'd for like 5 minutes after I read the fatality line. All I could see is a fat linemen going all mortal combat on the opposing QB.

No 300lb linemen coming for me anytime soon, at least I hope not. Thanks for the well wishes!