Author Topic: Celtics to offer 4 years 113 million to Horford  (Read 32357 times)

Re: Celtics to offer 4 years 113 million to Horford
« Reply #225 on: July 01, 2016, 10:56:46 PM »

Offline oldtype

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 143
Horrible news. Horford signed and delivered to that meeting with Durant would have been huge. Clearly he's waiting out OKC. Stinks.

This is actually a good point. He may be giving OKC the weekend to offload Kanter if they can.

Great words from a great man

« Reply #226 on: July 01, 2016, 10:58:42 PM »

Offline mctyson

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 372
Adrian Wojnarowski @WojVerticalNBA
Sources: Free agent Al Horford held four meetings today -- including Houston, Washington -- and plans to make a decision over weekend.

I'm assuming the other two teams are us and OKC. Going to be devastating if he goes to the Thunder, as that would mean we lose out on both Durant and Horford at the same time.

Yeah, I think it's OKC as well. I won't be surprised if he goes there.

To be fair they can't give him the full max and it also hinges on them being able to dump Kanter on very short notice.

In other words...not happening.

« Reply #227 on: July 01, 2016, 10:59:19 PM »

Offline JOMVP

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 100
Horrible news. Horford signed and delivered to that meeting with Durant would have been huge. Clearly he's waiting out OKC. Stinks.

This is actually a good point. He may be giving OKC the weekend to offload Kanter if they can.

Yup. If we hear about a Kanter trade tomorrow, C's would waste their time heading into that meeting. You gotta think offloading that guy would be dang near impossible though. Unless the Nets want to take him to stick it to us.

« Reply #228 on: July 01, 2016, 11:00:32 PM »

Offline mctyson

• Rajon Rondo

Yup. If we hear about a Kanter trade tomorrow, C's would waste their time heading into that meeting.

But that would mean KD is re-upping for a multi-year deal, with Westbrook hitting the market next year.  How does this make sense?

« Reply #229 on: July 01, 2016, 11:01:11 PM »

Offline oldtype

• Don Chaney

Yup. If we hear about a Kanter trade tomorrow, C's would waste their time heading into that meeting.

Yeah the good news for us is that it's really not an easy contract to trade. OKC don't really have assets to attach that would be worth taking on 3-years, 54 million for.

« Reply #230 on: July 01, 2016, 11:01:13 PM »

Offline MJohnnyboy

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 269

Yup. If we hear about a Kanter trade tomorrow, C's would waste their time heading into that meeting. You gotta think offloading that guy would be dang near impossible though. Unless the Nets want to take him to stick it to us.

The question though is who the hell is going to take Kanter's contract?

« Reply #231 on: July 01, 2016, 11:01:38 PM »

Offline alldaboston

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 324
Sources: Free agent Al Horford held four meetings today -- including Houston, Washington -- and plans to make a decision over weekend.

I'm assuming the other two teams are us and OKC. Going to be devastating if he goes to the Thunder, as that would mean we lose out on both Durant and Horford at the same time.

To be fair they can't give him the full max and it also hinges on them being able to dump Kanter on very short notice.

How come they can't give him full max?
I could very well see the Hawks... starting Taurean Prince at the 3, who is already better than Crowder, imo.

you vs. the guy she tells you not to worry about

« Reply #232 on: July 01, 2016, 11:02:09 PM »

Offline oldtype

• Don Chaney

To be fair after today 3 years 54 million sounds only kind bad and not the flat out worst contract in the league.

« Reply #233 on: July 01, 2016, 11:02:26 PM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3060
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS
We will get burned I feel it....this sucks
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

« Reply #234 on: July 01, 2016, 11:04:13 PM »

Offline mctyson

• Rajon Rondo
We will get burned I feel it....this sucks

or not.

« Reply #235 on: July 01, 2016, 11:06:33 PM »

Offline JOMVP

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 100
It really boggles my mind. The Western conference has not gotten any weaker over the course of the day, you could say its now even stronger with Memphis and Portland making moves. Yet, these guys want to team up in a loaded conference when they could go east and have the NBA in the palm of their hands with this current Celtics roster because of how weak the East is. Also, Celtics have no [dang] luck.

« Reply #236 on: July 01, 2016, 11:06:42 PM »

Offline oldtype

• Don Chaney

How come they can't give him full max?

Okay so if they trade Kanter and Singler for no salary, and then waive the partially guaranteed contracts of Morrow and Ilyasova they can get there. That's a lot of moving pieces but I guess it's possible.

« Reply #237 on: July 01, 2016, 11:07:48 PM »

Offline fantankerous

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 122

To be fair after today 3 years 54 million sounds only kind bad and not the flat out worst contract in the league.

Until you watch Kanter play.

« Reply #238 on: July 01, 2016, 11:08:36 PM »

Offline Kadin

• Sam Hauser
  • Tommy Points: 29
Can't help but feel like it's going to either be both Durant and Horford in OKC or in Boston. Which sucks for us because what are the chances at OKC just isn't able to unload kanter?

I hate how teams can just get around the salary cap like it's nothing. What's the point in even having a cap if it can just be worked around?

« Reply #239 on: July 01, 2016, 11:09:03 PM »

Offline vjcsmoke

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
Come on Horford, sign on the dotted line!  We'll take you all expenses paid to the Hamptons to meet up with your buddy Durant and form the new Big 3!!