Author Topic: Celtics (49-15) at Heat (33-29) 3/11  (Read 78585 times)

Re: Celtics (49-15) at Heat (33-29) 3/11
« Reply #390 on: March 11, 2009, 10:22:12 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157
how many is boston up on orlando now? 2 games?

I believe the C's now have one less loss than Orlando. And, to make things worse tonight, the Lakers are now leading the Rockets.

I dont care about the lakers HCA, they aren't in our conference.

They have a powder puff schedule, no eastern team is catching them. Worry about our bracket, not the other sides potential if we make the finals and they do.
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #391 on: March 11, 2009, 10:22:24 PM »

Online celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 654
  • MASTER OF PANIC
boston is 2 behind the cavs and 1.5 up on orlando...cavs orlando play twice so they will get some help either way there...and orlando plays boston once more......we need to have orlando lose

« Reply #392 on: March 11, 2009, 10:23:29 PM »

Offline twinbree

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 170
Guys look at our DNP list. Really this isn't something whine about. Just take it as it is and know that we WILL play better when our team is back.

easy for you to say...you don't work with all cav fans...

Just remind them that when LeBron signs in NY to be with his buddies and make 30 million a year, there won't be much of a team to cheer for.

And they'll see what it feels like to watch from the other side as he crab dribbles his way to the hoop and gets every call imaginable.
Tommy: He's got a line about me. Tell him the line.

Mike: Everybody 60 or over knows Tommy as a player. Everybody 40 or over knows Tommy as a coach. Everybody 20 or over knows Tommy as a broadcaster. And everybody 10 or under thinks he's Shrek.

« Reply #393 on: March 11, 2009, 10:23:40 PM »

Offline USG

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 161
couple of things:

1. the foul trouble took boston out of the defense early

2. the start of the third was the game....miami took a 5 point deficit and went on a 25-9 run.

3. like the rally but moore's missed jumper and foul on the other end was a killer.

4. marbury is giving boston ZERO offensively...i know he is rusty and learning but ZERO points in most of the games he has played is not what i expected.

5. rondo is missed more than KG...they gotta get him back

6. focus is keeping orlando in third.

Seriously, I'm not at all worried about home court against Orlando. the difference is 1 game, and we can beat them no matter where we play them.

« Reply #394 on: March 11, 2009, 10:25:48 PM »

Offline Thruthelookingglass

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 133
Guys look at our DNP list. Really this isn't something whine about. Just take it as it is and know that we WILL play better when our team is back.

easy for you to say...you don't work with all cav fans...

Just remind them that when LeBron signs in NY to be with his buddies and make 30 million a year, there won't be much of a team to cheer for.

And tell them we'd be happy to have them root for the Celts to destroy the Knicks and their new captain.

« Reply #395 on: March 11, 2009, 10:26:01 PM »

Online celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • MASTER OF PANIC
ok..say boston finishes third...do you want to play a pistons team finding themselves then at orlando and at the cavs? or do you want the 76ers first then orlando with HC to boston?

« Reply #396 on: March 11, 2009, 10:28:38 PM »

Online celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • MASTER OF PANIC
heat cavs in the second round could be interesting

« Reply #397 on: March 11, 2009, 10:29:35 PM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
eventually players are going to return and the Celtics will be able to finish strong. 

Don't just think they are going to drop like a rock.

« Reply #398 on: March 11, 2009, 10:33:13 PM »

Online celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • MASTER OF PANIC
they won't drop but it is hard to see beyond the now....kind of like the cleveland series last season...boston needs to win the next 3 vs the griz, bucks and a rematch with miami....then hopefully all will return

« Reply #399 on: March 11, 2009, 11:41:04 PM »

Offline expobear

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 27
Mikki does suck and I can't believe how some people hyped him up and then said we'd need a legit 7footer such as him to defend certain bigs.  There is no player in the league that Mikki would do a better job against than Leon or Baby with the possible exception of defending 3pointers by guys like Okur and Wallace.  I agree with mattd- he is useless.

He played as dumb as it gets. What an idiot, getting those 4 fouls in a freaking quarter. Can't the guy control himself? I don't think he entirely sucks, but I keep my stance since the very beginning that he adds nice depth but in no way, shape or form he's better than Powe/BBD.

Agreed.  A few of us have been trumpeting that since the signing.  Moore is an upgrade over POB, but that's it.  I worry that Doc will play him over Powe in the playoffs, though, because 1) he's a "vet", and 2) he has "length".

Powe is back to his 8 minutes per half after the Celtics get back to full strength.  Powe knew he was going to play tonight and play a lot of minutes.  I'm convinced more than ever now that this is what he is capable of doing if he is given the opportunity to play without looking over his shoulder to see if Rivers thinks he is screwing up or not.

« Reply #400 on: March 12, 2009, 12:26:43 AM »

Offline chief3233

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 8
  • Bleed Green
they won't drop but it is hard to see beyond the now....kind of like the cleveland series last season...boston needs to win the next 3 vs the griz, bucks and a rematch with miami....then hopefully all will return

The play the Bulls the night before their rematch with the Heat ;)
"The emblem of a warrior, it's the swagger of an athlete, a champion and dynasty, it's gifted, golden, genuine and glorious. It is a lower-case god. It's the goat. The greatest of all time. What's G? It is the heart, hustle and soul of the game."

« Reply #401 on: March 12, 2009, 12:38:56 AM »

Offline RAcker

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 69
  • Law mercy!
ok..say boston finishes third...do you want to play a pistons team finding themselves then at orlando and at the cavs? or do you want the 76ers first then orlando with HC to boston?
The east is going to be interesting whichever way you slice it.  It's not just a 3 team race.  Think Atlanta, Miami, Detroit...home court is so unimportant when so many teams can make a splash.  I'm trying to tell myself that.

« Reply #402 on: March 12, 2009, 12:41:37 AM »

Offline Adelaide Celt

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 206
Powe is back to his 8 minutes per half after the Celtics get back to full strength.  Powe knew he was going to play tonight and play a lot of minutes.  I'm convinced more than ever now that this is what he is capable of doing if he is given the opportunity to play without looking over his shoulder to see if Rivers thinks he is screwing up or not.

Agree wholeheartedly. It seems like, more often than not, when Powe is given an opportunity he grasps it with both hands. He's a fave of mine.
NO AMOUNT OF PSYCHOLOGICAL MANIPULATION, HORMONAL OR SURGICAL MUTILATION WILL EVER CHANGE A PERSON'S GENDER

« Reply #403 on: March 12, 2009, 12:48:53 AM »

Offline chief3233

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 8
  • Bleed Green
Powe is very hard not to like. 110% heart hustle and busting his butt off to help make this team the best it can be.
"The emblem of a warrior, it's the swagger of an athlete, a champion and dynasty, it's gifted, golden, genuine and glorious. It is a lower-case god. It's the goat. The greatest of all time. What's G? It is the heart, hustle and soul of the game."