Author Topic: Re-ignition of the Celtics 76ers Rivalry  (Read 13932 times)

Re: Re-ignition of the Celtics 76ers Rivalry
« Reply #45 on: April 30, 2018, 12:39:55 AM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
We need to pick a young big with potential fast lol
I think we can grab Okafor or Noel this Summer for one of Kyrie's flat earth pamphlets if we're looking for a young reclamation project.  Beyond that, we're looking at like a 2% chance of ending up with the #2 or #3 pick during this year's draft... or we can just hope the Kings are garbage still next season and someone is available in the 2019 draft when we/if that pick conveys to us.

There's still a highly improbable nightmare scenario where the Laker pick defies the odds and ends up #1 in the lotto - conveying to the 76ers.  And then next year, the Kings pick ends up #1 - and also conveys to Philly.  In which case, we'd be looking at getting Philly's 2019 #25-30 pick.

I am sure both Noel and Okafor would love to come to Boston to reform there value, see Evan Turner. They'd love to follow in those footsteps.
We can probably grab one of them for the MLE, right?  Both had worst-case scenario seasons.  Hard to imagine anyone offering more than that.
Assuming both would be willing to take the MLE, who would you prefer?

Would Monroe be considered too? Monroe and Noel are (to me at least) far and away better than Okafor
Probably Okafor. I think there were reports on Noel having personality issues. Also @LarBrd we can draft a big with our own 1st in hopes of a Capela like guy, there are some interesting big man prospects in that range like Metu.
Okafor over Monroe and Noel? I'd probably take Monroe over both, but I love Moose.

I'd love to see us move up a bit and take Mitchell Robinson, but I can't see that happening
I'd love Robinson too but I think teams like San Antonio or the Lelkers would pick him, they need a big and are great drafters. Heck Metu may get drafted early too.
If only the Lakers had been slightly worse. Would have loved Mo Bamba on this team. Amazing defender, promising offensive game and seems very clever - him and JB would have gotten along I imagine
Part of me wonders how high of a draft pick we could get if we put Rozier on the table.  Given he wants to start and it's unlikely to happen here... if there's a big man prospect Ainge likes on the board and the team picking would rather get a starting PG, I wonder if a trade can be made.  Can't imagine it being a pick in the Bamba range, but who knows.  If Ainge gets a little feisty like he did during that botched Winslow offer, he might include the 2019 Kings 1st in an offer.  Not unthinkable.   I signed my 60 day un-retirement contract so I can be here for the draft.

« Reply #46 on: April 30, 2018, 12:42:02 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
I think we can grab Okafor or Noel this Summer for one of Kyrie's flat earth pamphlets if we're looking for a young reclamation project.  Beyond that, we're looking at like a 2% chance of ending up with the #2 or #3 pick during this year's draft... or we can just hope the Kings are garbage still next season and someone is available in the 2019 draft when we/if that pick conveys to us.

There's still a highly improbable nightmare scenario where the Laker pick defies the odds and ends up #1 in the lotto - conveying to the 76ers.  And then next year, the Kings pick ends up #1 - and also conveys to Philly.  In which case, we'd be looking at getting Philly's 2019 #25-30 pick.

I am sure both Noel and Okafor would love to come to Boston to reform there value, see Evan Turner. They'd love to follow in those footsteps.
We can probably grab one of them for the MLE, right?  Both had worst-case scenario seasons.  Hard to imagine anyone offering more than that.

Would Monroe be considered too? Monroe and Noel are (to me at least) far and away better than Okafor
Probably Okafor. I think there were reports on Noel having personality issues. Also @LarBrd we can draft a big with our own 1st in hopes of a Capela like guy, there are some interesting big man prospects in that range like Metu.
Okafor over Monroe and Noel? I'd probably take Monroe over both, but I love Moose.

I'd love to see us move up a bit and take Mitchell Robinson, but I can't see that happening
I'd love Robinson too but I think teams like San Antonio or the Lelkers would pick him, they need a big and are great drafters. Heck Metu may get drafted early too.
If only the Lakers had been slightly worse. Would have loved Mo Bamba on this team. Amazing defender, promising offensive game and seems very clever - him and JB would have gotten along I imagine
Part of me wonders how high of a draft pick we could get if we put Rozier on the table.  Given he wants to start and it's unlikely to happen here... if there's a big man prospect Ainge likes on the board and the team picking would rather get a starting PG, I wonder if a trade can be made.  Can't imagine it being a pick in the Bamba range, but who knows.  If Ainge gets a little feisty like he did during that botched Winslow offer, he might include the 2019 Kings 1st in an offer.  Who knows.   I signed my 60 day un-retirement contract so I can be here for the draft.
I reckon Rozier and our late 20's pick could lob us into the 9-14 range, depending on who is picking where. The question is whether we want to keep Rozier for '18-'19 and go all in on trying to win it that year, and likely lose him in the off-season for nothing, or moving him now for future value.
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #47 on: April 30, 2018, 12:47:48 AM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136
 If Ainge even hears rumbles that if they Offer up Fultz and Saric for Kawaii then lebron would go there to form a big four of Embiid, Simmons, Kawaii, Lebron.

At that point, does he offer up Irving, to attempt to block the 76ers from destroyong our chances at dominating the east. One can only hope so.

« Reply #48 on: April 30, 2018, 12:50:02 AM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish

Part of me wonders how high of a draft pick we could get if we put Rozier on the table.  Given he wants to start and it's unlikely to happen here... if there's a big man prospect Ainge likes on the board and the team picking would rather get a starting PG, I wonder if a trade can be made.  Can't imagine it being a pick in the Bamba range, but who knows.  If Ainge gets a little feisty like he did during that botched Winslow offer, he might include the 2019 Kings 1st in an offer.  Who knows.   I signed my 60 day un-retirement contract so I can be here for the draft.
I reckon Rozier and our late 20's pick could lob us into the 9-14 range, depending on who is picking where. The question is whether we want to keep Rozier for '18-'19 and go all in on trying to win it that year, and likely lose him in the off-season for nothing, or moving him now for future value.
Up-front, I don't follow College basketball at all and don't even know of a reliable mock draft.  I know nbadraft.net is nonsense, but they have Mo Bamba going to the Cavs with the #8 pick (via Brooklyn).  Crossing my finger that Brooklyn pick doesn't end up top 3, because it would irritate me - but I digress...  it wouldn't necessarily blow my mind to see Cleveland (probably on the verge of losing LeBron) trade that pick for Rozier and the Kings 1st.   Clearly those two teams have some trade history and I could actually see Rozier starting there in the wake of Bron leaving.  They'd presumably move the other vets like George Hill and Kevin Love as well and then tank good and proper for two possible Top 6 picks in 2019 (their own and the Kings 1st).   

Nbadraft.net also has some Duke kid named Wendall Carter going in that range that they compare to Al Horford.  And again, I don't follow College basketball at all.  I know absolutely nothing about Wendall Carter beyond what I literally just saw on that page.  But if we're looking for a Horford protege - maybe that kid is a target?  Plus he, Kyrie and Tatum can sit around talking about their single seasons at Duke. 

I find it very unlikely Rozier + the Kings 1st would fetch a pick that high, though. 

« Reply #49 on: April 30, 2018, 12:50:34 AM »

Offline bopna

• NGT
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 136

Maybe the basketball gods take care of that one for us.
We have a 3% chance at a top 3 pick this month as long as it doesn't end up being number one.

« Reply #50 on: April 30, 2018, 12:51:36 AM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN

Yeah ikr, but we've got to roll with what we have. I'm personally hoping to nab a big that falls in the draft and maybe pick up a reclamation project.
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #51 on: April 30, 2018, 12:58:22 AM »

Offline bopna

• NGT
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 136
If Ainge even hears rumbles that if they Offer up Fultz and Saric for Kawaii then lebron would go there to form a big four of Embiid, Simmons, Kawaii, Lebron.

At that point, does he offer up Irving, to attempt to block the 76ers from destroyong our chances at dominating the east. One can only hope so.

Simmons Kawhi and Lebron will never prosper.. All love the ball in their hands and there is only one.. Simmons perhaps will be ok scoring less to give way to Bron and Kawhi but seeing Bron camp out of Kawhi camp out waiting for Simmons to pass them the ball seems too impossible for me.. Not to mention Embiid getting less touches as well.

« Reply #52 on: April 30, 2018, 01:02:43 AM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN

Up-front, I don't follow College basketball at all and don't even know of a reliable mock draft.  I know nbadraft.net is nonsense, but they have Mo Bamba going to the Cavs with the #8 pick (via Brooklyn).  Crossing my finger that Brooklyn pick doesn't end up top 3, because it would irritate me - but I digress...  it wouldn't necessarily blow my mind to see Cleveland (probably on the verge of losing LeBron) trade that pick for Rozier and the Kings 1st.   Clearly those two teams have some trade history and I could actually see Rozier starting there in the wake of Bron leaving.  They'd presumably move the other vets like George Hill and Kevin Love as well and then tank good and proper for two possible Top 6 picks in 2019 (their own and the Kings 1st).   

Nbadraft.net also has some Duke kid named Wendall Carter going in that range that they compare to Al Horford.  And again, I don't follow College basketball at all.  I know absolutely nothing about Wendall Carter beyond what I literally just saw on that page.  But if we're looking for a Horford protege - maybe that kid is a target?  Plus he, Kyrie and Tatum can sit around talking about their single seasons at Duke. 

I find it very unlikely Rozier + the Kings 1st would fetch a pick that high, though.
It's unlikely we get a pick in his range. He's in the second tier of bigs in this draft aka not top 3, and I don't think teams are willing to trade out of this draft completely given how stacked is the lotto. It's basically Bagley if we get lotto luck or Metu/Robinson/insert any big that falls in the draft with our own pick.
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #53 on: April 30, 2018, 10:57:45 AM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish

It's unlikely we get a pick in his range. He's in the second tier of bigs in this draft aka not top 3, and I don't think teams are willing to trade out of this draft completely given how stacked is the lotto. It's basically Bagley if we get lotto luck or Metu/Robinson/insert any big that falls in the draft with our own pick.
Any bigs in the 10-15 range Ainge might covet?  I could see Rozier fetching a pick late lotto.

« Reply #54 on: April 30, 2018, 10:57:47 AM »

Offline spikelovetheCelts

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 113
  • Peace it's a board. We all will never agree.
I think we can grab Okafor or Noel this Summer for one of Kyrie's flat earth pamphlets if we're looking for a young reclamation project.  Beyond that, we're looking at like a 2% chance of ending up with the #2 or #3 pick during this year's draft... or we can just hope the Kings are garbage still next season and someone is available in the 2019 draft when/if that pick conveys to us.

We have our pick this year maybe we can trade up using our Clippers or Grizzlies pick too.
We have options. Maybe the ping pong balls will strike too.
"People look at players, watch them dribble between their legs and they say, 'There's a superstar.'  Well John Havlicek is a superstar, and most of the others are figments of writers' imagination."
--Jerry West, on John Havlicek

« Reply #55 on: April 30, 2018, 12:41:07 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1386

Any bigs in the 10-15 range Ainge might covet?  I could see Rozier fetching a pick late lotto.

Would you take Okafor if he is going overseas for lack of interest?

« Reply #56 on: April 30, 2018, 12:44:01 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136
 Some good big men in this draft that cold be flipped for Terry.

Out of reach bigs Ayton, Bagley, Jackson,  and probably Porter Jr.

Could slip bigs, Bamba, and especially Wendell Carter.

In range bigs we could go get if desired.

Miles Bridges Undersized PF with unreal athleticism and strength he usually disappointed me, but the talent and body are NBA quality.

Kevin Knox. Kentucky's top prospect this year, Not a great rebounder, but has three point range 34% from three. 6'9" with An NBA body and lots of upside.

Robert Williams. Should have came out last year his stock has dropped significantly. Role player Shot blocking and very good rebounding big who is raw with a freakish 7'4" Wingspan. Also 235 pounds NBA body.

« Reply #57 on: April 30, 2018, 01:16:09 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
Can we re-visit  some classic posts from our friend?

Lol

You miss 100% of the shots you don't take.  I know I whiffed from time to time.  For instance, I once argued that a healthy Jrue Holiday was better than Isaiah Thomas.  I'm still cleaning the egg off my face on that one ;)

I don't think so. IT has his health issues and holidays looked great in the first round
Oh [dang], I guess I was right on that one too.  Shucks.
Still think we should give up 3rd pick (I.e. Jaylen Brown) for Okafor?
Welcome back, LB.
Danny Ainge is my hero, but I think there's two (maybe three) clear instances where you could say "sometimes the best move is the one you don't make". 

#1 - The Charlotte trade where we reportedly offered up 4 first round picks to trade up for Winslow in the 2015 draft.  Have you done the math on that recently?  Several reports have said at least one Brooklyn pick was included.  Zach Lowe, Bill Simmons and others have said it was the 2016 Brooklyn 1st.   That made people cringe at the time and some fans in denial convinced themselves it was actually the 2017 Brooklyn 1st - until they saw that pick end up even better and reluctantly agreed it was the 2016 Brooklyn 1st.  The other picks in the offer had to have included #16 and #28 that year + one other pick (probably some protected 1st like the Clippers)...  So we're talking #16 (Rozier), #28 (Hunter - bust) and the Jaylen Brown pick.   Woof.  Glad that didn't happen.

#2 - Trade deadline 2015, Bulpett said we had offered a "package" built around the 2016 1st for Jahlil Okafor and the 76ers turned us down.   You can semi understand their logic there.  Sixers were getting a ton of heat at the time and it wouldn't have played well for them to dump a rookie averaging 17 and 7 for another "future pick".   But ooof... Sixers blew that one.  They ended up getting nothing for Okafor.  Looks like the kid just hasn't developed.  Might never develop.  Gotta say, me and Danny were wrong on that one.  Glad Philly turned us down.

#3 - The offers were reportedly made for Paul George at the middle of last season... sounds like it would have been a massive offer that would have included the 2017 pick.  I'm pretty happy with Tatum right now.  Glad we have that kid.

Don’t want to hear about trade rumors that never happened by Dan Ainge.  Makes you sound defensive. And I guess you should be.  You have proposed some of the worst trades from a Celtics fan’s perspective that have ever been proposed on this board. You have demonstrated a poor ability to evaluate talent development. You consistently under value Celtic talent and over value Philly’s. Thankfully you’re not Celtics GM.

Drue Holliday better than IT now (due to hip surgery-nice). Put that into blind squirrel category. And wasn’t it your guru Hinkie who traded Holliday away for your fav Noel? Not sure you want to go there. 

Who wins more NBA championships next ten years, Boston or Philly?

« Reply #58 on: April 30, 2018, 01:19:46 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3150

« Reply #59 on: April 30, 2018, 01:21:56 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533
I'm not so sure Rozier has 10-15 value, but let's say he does in a vacuum, which teams in that range are going to trade their pick for Rozier?  If no one moves up in the lottery these are the teams with picks 10-15

Philadelphia, Charlotte, LA Clippers x2, Denver, and Washington

None of those teams need a PG, especially one with Rozier's skill set. 

Now 16 and the Suns might be a decent chance, but if they take Doncic with their own pick, then I think Rozier becomes much less a need.

17 is the Bucks.  That is a team that could theoretically use a young PG to take over down the line for Bledsoe.  After the Bucks and rounding out the top 20, are the Spurs (unlikely), Hawks (unlikely), and Wolves (possible). 

So I'd guess that if Rozier's value is 10-20, then the only realistic landing spots are Milwaukee at 17 and Minnesota at 20, with an outside shot at Phoenix at 16.  A bunch of teams in the low 20's make sense, but I just don't see that as enough value for what Rozier can do for the team next year (and frankly I'm not sure 20 would be either). 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip