Poll

Should the Celtics trade for AD?

Yes.  (Tatum in the deal)
22 (44.9%)
No.   (Not worth giving up assets for a one year rental)
19 (38.8%)
Yes but only if Tatum isn't in the deal.
8 (16.3%)

Total Members Voted: 49

Author Topic: Anthony Davis traded to Lakers(page 272)  (Read 343930 times)

Re: anthony davis officially requests a trade
« Reply #495 on: January 28, 2019, 07:33:04 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Oh-oh...
The thing that gives me hope is that NOLA doesn't have to respect his interests and can wait until the offseason when they could get more (better) offers.

Makes no sense

NO will trade him between now and trade deadline to the highest bidder. But also a team AD will resign with
Uh, why?? Why would they rush to something when they know that the Celtics best offer can't come until the offseason? He's still contracted
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #496 on: January 28, 2019, 07:33:10 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Huge news. And it begins.

I would assume New Orleans is willing to hold off on dealing him until the summer, in which case we are 100% in the game.

Disagree

Too risky for NO

He will be traded between now and trade deadline

Book it

« Reply #497 on: January 28, 2019, 07:33:58 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25627
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Oh-oh...
The thing that gives me hope is that NOLA doesn't have to respect his interests and can wait until the offseason when they could get more (better) offers.

Makes no sense

NO will trade him between now and trade deadline to the highest bidder. But also a team AD will resign with

Why would waiting not make sense?

More teams could make offers, there’s certainty about the draft picks they’d be getting, etc.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #498 on: January 28, 2019, 07:34:33 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
Huge news. And it begins.

I would assume New Orleans is willing to hold off on dealing him until the summer, in which case we are 100% in the game.

I’m hoping the Pels agree. Davis doesn’t have much leverage to force a trade in the next 10 days. He’s already sitting out, and even if he threatened surgery or something similar, that would aid NOP in tanking.

Any offer for him now will still be there this summer.
Exactly. It could end up like the Kawhi situation, but I would be surprised if Davis sat out the whole season or whatever. Not sure why New Orleans would rush into any deal for no benefit?

« Reply #499 on: January 28, 2019, 07:35:28 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
Oh-oh...

Makes no sense

Uh, why?? Why would they rush to something when they know that the Celtics best offer can't come until the offseason? He's still contracted

Facepalm

So wait... workout the logistics and he just opts out and signs with whoever he wants?

In theory it can help both parties(offseason trade)....in practice it is not easy to co ordinate. Also what if he gets injured?

Celts can give them what they want now including Brown, Rozier and Horford or Hayward. Plus a 1st

« Reply #500 on: January 28, 2019, 07:37:42 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
Oh-oh...

Makes no sense

Facepalm

So wait... workout the logistics and he just opts out and signs with whoever he wants?

In theory it can help both parties(offseason trade)....in practice it is not easy to co ordinate. Also what if gets injured?

Celts can give them what they want now including Brown, Rozier and Horford or Hayward. Plus a 1st
Far out dude, just do a bit of research before 'facepalming'

https://www.spotrac.com/nba/new-orleans-pelicans/anthony-davis-10809/
He's contracted for 2019-20. It's guaranteed.

And no, we can't. We can't trade for Davis this season unless we trade Kyrie, as per the Rose Rule

« Reply #501 on: January 28, 2019, 07:38:57 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25627
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

And where are we trading Kyrie, since we’re not allowed to have both on the roster by rule until next summer?

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #502 on: January 28, 2019, 07:39:19 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
Oh-oh...

Makes no sense

More teams could make offers, there’s certainty about the draft picks they’d be getting, etc.

Davis has an option for next season

Why would he sit around and wait to be dealt to a potential team he may not want to join?

Everyone thinks Celts have this in the bag. Well what if Danny is not interested (lets just say).  What team with a winning landscape can trade for him and still remain competitive?

NO has lots to risk here also

« Reply #503 on: January 28, 2019, 07:39:23 AM »

Online celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 659
  • MASTER OF PANIC
While I welcome this news, I feel like Davis wants to be in LA and will force his way there. He is represented by James' agent and do boy Rich Paul and this seems like a way to get Davis to LA because Boston has their hands tied at the moment.

I will be shocked if he is not moved in the next week or so to LA. We all know this is what Danny has been building for but now might miss out. Usually I am cool with a lot of first round picks but in the situation that Davis is traded to LA and resigns there, Boston is going to have a lot of first round picks and nobody to trade for making their roster even younger.

« Reply #504 on: January 28, 2019, 07:39:28 AM »

Offline GreenShooter

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 87
Oh-oh...

Makes no sense

It makes some sense in that Boston has been calling N.O. frequently for some time now and are a team that can present a very good, if not the best, offer. If N.O. has Boston on their deal list then they would want to know where the current possible draft picks fall and if any/all of them convey this season.
Unless someone blows them away (LAL making a big push by offering young, plug and play players, as they don't have any picks worth a sh!t) I can see them waiting until the off-season to shake down teams for best possible offer, which I think would include a few draft picks, which Boston has a plethora of.

« Reply #505 on: January 28, 2019, 07:40:43 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
Oh-oh...

Makes no sense

Why would he sit around and wait to be dealt to a potential team he may not want to join?

Everyone thinks Celts have this in the bag. Well what if Danny is not interested (lets just say).  What team with a winning landscape can trade for him and still remain competitive?

NO HE DOESN'T

« Reply #506 on: January 28, 2019, 07:40:54 AM »

Offline Androslav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 528
Oh-oh...

Makes no sense

Why wouldn't it make sense for NOLA to get a better deal if they wait ?
"The joy of the balling under the rims."

« Reply #507 on: January 28, 2019, 07:41:47 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
My bad

I didnt know he still had a year left before option

Still NO could trade him between now and deadline imo

Indiana, OKC, Toronto all made surprising trades

NO doesnt have to satisfy Davis request

« Reply #508 on: January 28, 2019, 07:43:27 AM »

Online celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 659
  • MASTER OF PANIC
It makes perfect sense for NO to wait. But we have seen in these days the players seem to be able to get what they want no matter the situation.

I am hopeful they wait this out and then look at Boston offering picks. Rozier. Brown, whatever...

« Reply #509 on: January 28, 2019, 07:44:04 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
Oh-oh...

Makes no sense

NO HE DOESN'T

Yeah...I forgot

But i wouldnt rule him out being traded in the next 10 days

What is the pro of Danny waiting?

The cons are he waits until next off season and loses out

Time is now imo