Author Topic: I dislike Kyrie(merged threads)  (Read 60447 times)

Re: Brooklyn Nets better off without Kyrie?
« Reply #420 on: January 17, 2020, 06:46:33 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
LOL and there it is. All it takes is 3 games from return and he's already making headlines for all the wrong reasons.

The Nets were better off keeping D'Lo. Kyrie may be talented than guys like Kemba + D'Lo, but there's something to be said about availability, being a team player and general attitude.

That's true, but any self-respecting GM is going to take a shot at a big 3 of DAJ, Kyrie, and Durant.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

Re: Brooklyn Nets better off without Kyrie?
« Reply #421 on: January 17, 2020, 07:02:30 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238
LOL and there it is. All it takes is 3 games from return and he's already making headlines for all the wrong reasons.

The Nets were better off keeping D'Lo. Kyrie may be talented than guys like Kemba + D'Lo, but there's something to be said about availability, being a team player and general attitude.

That's true, but any self-respecting GM is going to take a shot at a big 3 2 1/2 of DAJ, Kyrie, and Durant.

FIFY

Re: I dislike Kyrie(merged threads)
« Reply #422 on: January 17, 2020, 08:19:25 PM »

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1361
Kyrie has had another press conference to elaborate on his comments from his previous press conference, when he put on his GM hat and said his team had a glaring need for pieces and named some names of players (including himself) who those pieces would complement. Presumably the teammates not mentioned would be used to get such pieces. Here's Kyrie's comments:

"I always say it's an entertainment league. Very drama-filled, and everything always regurgitates on all these media platforms, which is part of our society."

"I can't really do anything about it, except really be a pillar in our locker room, be very communicative, and when I'm out there with the guys, just impact winning."

"It's not like I'm an ass---- yelling at everybody in the freaking locker room all the time."

"My name -- which was given to me by my grandfather, very grateful -- but it's in a lot of people's mouths all the time. It is what it is. I've earned that respect in terms of how great I am as a player."

"I'm going to continue to demand greatness out of myself and demand greatness out of my teammates, and we go from there. If it's harsh as a leader or it's too much for anybody, you're not in our locker room—stay the f--- out."

https://twitter.com/SNYtv/status/1218248218460540929?s=20
https://www.nbcsports.com/boston/celtics/these-kyrie-irving-comments-will-make-celtics-fans-grateful-kemba-walker
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #423 on: January 17, 2020, 08:46:55 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
He kinda reminds me of ANOTHER mercurial PG that wore Celtics Green

Rajon did not often speak to the media, though...had tiffs with Ray Allen....but was a TRUE Celtic through and through.

Loved him...still do.

Kyrie is Kyrie....will be hated by most here....and I get that.

I'll never hate him...I'll remember his good times in Green and there were a few....I'll always remember the "would've could've should'ves" with him, Al Horford and Hayward........

Will Hayward be the next to go? Heck - there is seemingly a growing groundswell of support here for JUST THAT....

Anyways I won't take any pleasure in his misfortunes....misspeaks....I wish him well.

« Reply #424 on: January 17, 2020, 08:52:51 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Kyrie has had another press conference to elaborate on his comments from his previous press conference, when he put on his GM hat and said his team had a glaring need for pieces and named some names of players (including himself) who those pieces would complement. Presumably the teammates not mentioned would be used to get such pieces. Here's Kyrie's comments:

"I always say it's an entertainment league. Very drama-filled, and everything always regurgitates on all these media platforms, which is part of our society."

"I can't really do anything about it, except really be a pillar in our locker room, be very communicative, and when I'm out there with the guys, just impact winning."

"It's not like I'm an ass---- yelling at everybody in the freaking locker room all the time."

"My name -- which was given to me by my grandfather, very grateful -- but it's in a lot of people's mouths all the time. It is what it is. I've earned that respect in terms of how great I am as a player."

"I'm going to continue to demand greatness out of myself and demand greatness out of my teammates, and we go from there. If it's harsh as a leader or it's too much for anybody, you're not in our locker room—stay the f--- out."

https://www.nbcsports.com/boston/celtics/these-kyrie-irving-comments-will-make-celtics-fans-grateful-kemba-walker
How insufferable can he be?
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #425 on: January 17, 2020, 09:09:51 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867

How insufferable can he be?

Maybe he thinks its like WWE

Because ... unbelievable

« Reply #426 on: January 17, 2020, 09:15:20 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
Question for folks here -

Do these episodes with Kyrie make people happy?

« Reply #427 on: January 17, 2020, 09:25:07 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club

When Celtics become ex-Celtics, they disappear from my "I give a crap about...." list.

I think that, except in the Milwaukee series, Kyrie played excellent when in his two years here, but his terrible leadership abilities, caustic personality and somewhat dishonest way he played the fans sucked. So for that, I am glad he is gone.

But whatever he is doing now, I do not care, unless its helping to hurt a division rival. Then I am happy that the other team is suffering. That it is Kyrie, their coach, injuries, their front office, the players not liking each other, does not matter to me one bit. Just so long as its causing more losses in the Nets loss column.

« Reply #428 on: January 17, 2020, 09:49:28 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3765
  • Yup

When Celtics become ex-Celtics, they disappear from my "I give a crap about...." list.

I think that, except in the Milwaukee series, Kyrie played excellent when in his two years here, but his terrible leadership abilities, caustic personality and somewhat dishonest way he played the fans sucked. So for that, I am glad he is gone.

But whatever he is doing now, I do not care, unless its helping to hurt a division rival. Then I am happy that the other team is suffering. That it is Kyrie, their coach, injuries, their front office, the players not liking each other, does not matter to me one bit. Just so long as its causing more losses in the Nets loss column.
He's a bum!
Yup

« Reply #429 on: January 17, 2020, 10:08:27 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club

He's a bum!
I respect that POV.

I think he might have some mental health issues so I cut him slack. I understand the anger at him. He did Celtic fans wrong. But he is gone so I just let it go.

Never got angry at Ray Allen or Doc Rivers for leaving Boston.

But I can understand people calling Kyrie a bum, a jerk, an ass, a liar, an attention hog, a narcissist, weak minded, a diva, an expletive laced group of words.....

« Reply #430 on: January 18, 2020, 12:09:33 AM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
You know, I try to place myself in Kyrie's shoes....

Highly regarded PG coming out of Duke...going to CLE (post-LeBron James).

Trying to forge his OWN career - post LeBron...learning to play with NBA teammates - like Tyler Zeller and others.

Wasn't TZ the 2nd highest ranked pick after him? In the next draft? Loved Zeller but was he the best CLE could do?

He experienced little by himself in CLE...loitered there for a couple of years...did enough - in just his 2nd season - to garner All-Star game placement...but his team wasn't good evidently...

THEN - the CIRCUS happened - called LeBron James. LeBron - tantalized by this young, stellar PG (and a fading MIA team) - decided to include CLEVELAND in his fabled story book and RETURN HOME....

....and who in the WORLD was going to stop LeBron James from doing exactly what he wanted? When he wanted?

After all - aren't WE ALL WITNESSES......................?

Anyways CLE organization uses Scorched Earth on the franchise...rebuilds it from the ground up in a short time...trading draft picks, making deals...bringing in coaches...GMs.....poor Blatt doesn't want ANYTHING else to do with the NBA and I personally can't blame him.

This left ONLY Kyrie (I think?) as perhaps the ONLY player left...

Basically - CLE went ALL IN for LeBron. It brought them a banner but even NOW they are trying to recoup from the deals made on LeBron's behalf........

Wasn't Kyrie - at first - a bit reprehensive about all of this? Would he do it over again? I honestly don't think he would, being how he has NOT followed LeBron since.....

So - fast-forward CLE's first championship (all because The King came home) and several Finals appearances and THEN start the rumors....the restlessness....The King's desire to carry his throne out West....and NOW - with Kyrie seeing ALL of this unfold right before his eyes he starts acting out irrationally...becoming distant from his teammates....

Not wanting to play the game - the politicking - anymore?

After all -

We are ALL - Witnesses. If you deny it I know a river in Egypt I can take you to.

I personally don't blame Kyrie for it all. I would cease talking to the media if I were him...do it only enough to keep from getting fined...

Dude will FOREVER be linked to LeBron James....for better or for worse.

« Reply #431 on: January 18, 2020, 07:36:51 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533
You know, I try to place myself in Kyrie's shoes....

Highly regarded PG coming out of Duke...going to CLE (post-LeBron James).

Trying to forge his OWN career - post LeBron...learning to play with NBA teammates - like Tyler Zeller and others.

Wasn't TZ the 2nd highest ranked pick after him? In the next draft? Loved Zeller but was he the best CLE could do?

He experienced little by himself in CLE...loitered there for a couple of years...did enough - in just his 2nd season - to garner All-Star game placement...but his team wasn't good evidently...

THEN - the CIRCUS happened - called LeBron James. LeBron - tantalized by this young, stellar PG (and a fading MIA team) - decided to include CLEVELAND in his fabled story book and RETURN HOME....

....and who in the WORLD was going to stop LeBron James from doing exactly what he wanted? When he wanted?

After all - aren't WE ALL WITNESSES......................?

Anyways CLE organization uses Scorched Earth on the franchise...rebuilds it from the ground up in a short time...trading draft picks, making deals...bringing in coaches...GMs.....poor Blatt doesn't want ANYTHING else to do with the NBA and I personally can't blame him.

This left ONLY Kyrie (I think?) as perhaps the ONLY player left...

Basically - CLE went ALL IN for LeBron. It brought them a banner but even NOW they are trying to recoup from the deals made on LeBron's behalf........

Wasn't Kyrie - at first - a bit reprehensive about all of this? Would he do it over again? I honestly don't think he would, being how he has NOT followed LeBron since.....

So - fast-forward CLE's first championship (all because The King came home) and several Finals appearances and THEN start the rumors....the restlessness....The King's desire to carry his throne out West....and NOW - with Kyrie seeing ALL of this unfold right before his eyes he starts acting out irrationally...becoming distant from his teammates....

Not wanting to play the game - the politicking - anymore?

After all -

We are ALL - Witnesses. If you deny it I know a river in Egypt I can take you to.

I personally don't blame Kyrie for it all. I would cease talking to the media if I were him...do it only enough to keep from getting fined...

Dude will FOREVER be linked to LeBron James....for better or for worse.
Zeller was the 17th pick in the next draft.  They took Thompson at 4 in the same draft as Irving.  Took Waiters at 4 and ended up with Zeller at 17 from the 2012 draft.  2013 is the draft they totally botched with Bennett at 1.  2014 they got Wiggins who they traded with Bennett for Love after landing Lebron. 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #432 on: January 18, 2020, 07:45:24 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
He is a prima dona, and no leader.   His version of leadership is all about blaming others, and he learned from the master of blaming others, LeBron.   Surprised he is not demanding trades for the players he wants and trying to re-organize the team like Bron does.

Well, I enjoyed watching his talent at times, I am glad he is gone and good luck to the teams that have him on their roster, they are going to need it.

« Reply #433 on: January 18, 2020, 09:14:42 AM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
Thanks for info Moranis.

Here is a list of CLE's misses when they took Bennett.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nba/draft/2013/06/27/grades-pick-by-pick-cleveland-cavaliers/2465505/

Off the top of my head - they missed on McCollum...would HE have fit next to Kyrie? My gut says yes...

They missed on Steve Adams.

Victor Oladipo.

Ben McClemore....maybe his demeanor would've been an ideal fit next to Kyrie....

I won't even go there with Greek Freak.....he is TRULY an anomaly.......NO ONE saw Greek Freak coming.....

Would ANY of these players allowed CLE to compete and keep LeBron away? Doubt it...don't see any other alternative that would've allowed CLE to get its first banner.....BUT: That list has SEVERAL players, IMO - that would've allowed CLE to at least compete...and compete WITH KYRIE being the focal point.

HUGE hat tip to MIA - they survived the LeBron scorched earth program and compete even NOW....truly well-run organization and a CLASS COACH................

In some regards I see Kyrie as a product of the storm that came with LeBron....BUT he got an opportunity at RELIEF from that storm in Danny Ainge.

He FAILED. He even ADMITTED it. He wasn't the ONLY one who failed, though - as Smart, CBS and Danny have alluded to.

Even through that failure there is NO denying that 16 game winning streak with Kyrie....the Christmas day winner versus Jimmy Butler and PHI.....we DID have a few bright spots.

I hope he finds peace.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2020, 09:53:39 AM by GreenFaith1819 »

« Reply #434 on: January 26, 2020, 06:59:11 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
https://www.yahoo.com/sports/kyrie-irving-kobe-bryant-death-222830632.html

I try not to judge other people’s grief, but this guy is so fragile.  The anti-IT.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes