Author Topic: I dislike Kyrie(merged threads)  (Read 60844 times)

Re: I dislike Kyrie(merged threads)
« Reply #345 on: November 29, 2019, 07:59:27 AM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
Calling that post “well spoken” is... a reach
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

Re: Purists
« Reply #346 on: November 29, 2019, 08:26:34 AM »

Offline Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2528
Furthermore - is there ANY shred of evidence of Kyrie Irving having mental issues?

Post it HERE. Put your money where your typing is.

TBH it is classless and completely baseless to speculate like this.

I know for a fact NO ONE here knows him personally.

There is just a lot of hate and misinformation going around and to ME personally it is EMBARRASSING as a lifelong Celtics Fan.

It makes us look small.

Of course no one knows about his MH issues.  Like many discussions in today’s social media, we speculate. It’s wrong and unfair, but it’s done constantly and I often regret when I do it (as in this case).  I’ve said I think he’s troubled. This means that I see signs that he reacts deeply and sometimes without filter to things that happen to him.  Is this a sign of mental illness? Could be an indicator but it’s completely irresponsible to conclude that it is. It’s just a thought I have when I see people repetitively revealing things about themselves when doing so has repetitively resulted in “cost” to things like reputation and relationships.    I don’t know him at all so he may be the most well-adjusted, well-regulated, level-headed human being on Earth.  I just think maybe he’s a little troubled and it spills over occasionally and that’s among the reasons I don’t like the boos or the chants.

« Reply #347 on: November 29, 2019, 08:40:36 AM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
Furthermore - is there ANY shred of evidence of Kyrie Irving having mental issues?

There is just a lot of hate and misinformation going around and to ME personally it is EMBARRASSING as a lifelong Celtics Fan.

It makes us look small.

Of course no one knows about his MH issues.  Like many discussions in today’s social media, we speculate. It’s wrong and unfair, but it’s done constantly and I often regret when I do it (as in this case).  I’ve said I think he’s troubled. This means that I see signs that he reacts deeply and sometimes without filter to things that happen to him.  Is this a sign of mental illness? Could be an indicator but it’s completely irresponsible to conclude that it is. It’s just a thought I have when I see people repetitively revealing things about themselves when doing so has repetitively resulted in “cost” to things like reputation and relationships.    I don’t know him at all so he may be the most well-adjusted, well-regulated, level-headed human being on Earth.  I just think maybe he’s a little troubled and it spills over occasionally and that’s among the reasons I don’t like the boos or the chants.

TBH, NG - I just think "Mental Issues" or "Being Troubled" is tossed around way too much in society nowadays - especially with people we don't know.

Just as there is speculation towards Kyrie about his choice or WAY of leaving BOS the exact same thing can be used for some in this fan base - as far as how we are reacting to it.

NO - he did not leave BOS on good terms.

YES - We ARE a better team, now.

To put a small band aid on this team and attribute Kyrie Irving's leaving as being the SOLE reason why we are doing well is simply a lazy thought process.

« Reply #348 on: November 29, 2019, 09:30:23 AM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
Irving will definitely pee on your foot in the elevator, and he won't acknowledge you.  He's a fake not just to others but to himself as well.  He is completely self unaware.

In regard to that novel he wrote the other day to say that life is bigger than basketball- he doesn't realize that he was being booed for how he lives his life, not how he plays basketball.  The booing was not basketball related at all and he doesn't get that.

Kyrie Irving and Kid's footlocker donating 190 sneakers to a Boy's and Girls club

Kyrie Irving donating to the same Native American tribe that his late mother belonged to.

Kyrie Irving visiting children in South Africa as part of a delegation lead by none other than Dikembe Mutombo.

https://www.bestbuddies.org/2016/07/07/kyrie-irving-basketball-challenge-to-benefit-best-buddies-ohio/

Looks like - to ME, at least - that Kyrie Irving is living a fulfilling life.

So what he reneged on us? We are a BETTER basketball team now....BKN will be a better team once they get Durant back.

I simply cannot agree with the narrative on this blog about Kyrie Irving and I won't.
That's all great.  Irving does some charity work.  So did Aaron Hernandez.  I'm not sure of the relevance.  Most people have some good in them.

« Reply #349 on: November 29, 2019, 09:30:59 AM »

Offline Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2528

It makes us look small.

TBH, NG - I just think "Mental Issues" or "Being Troubled" is tossed around way too much in society nowadays - especially with people we don't know.

I hear you and think you are correct about this. I’m old but continue (hopefully) to learn and grow.  Sometimes in this venue the speculation blurts out and it’s good to reflect and acknowledge that while sometimes speculation is benign sometimes it can be harmful or pointless.    Happy Thanksgiving!

« Reply #350 on: November 29, 2019, 09:35:18 AM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis

It makes us look small.

I hear you and think you are correct about this. I’m old but continue (hopefully) to learn and grow.  Sometimes in this venue the speculation blurts out and it’s good to reflect and acknowledge that while sometimes speculation is benign sometimes it can be harmful or pointless.    Happy Thanksgiving!

I'm old, too NG lol....I try to keep a young mind but that is hard due to the natural process of things.

I can continue to grow as well - and have, in some cases.

« Reply #351 on: November 29, 2019, 09:44:44 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25627
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

It makes us look small.

He’s raised the issue of mental health - namely, depression - as a reason for his actions.  He also just cited his mental health in his Instagram rant.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #352 on: November 29, 2019, 09:51:08 AM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis

It makes us look small.

He’s raised the issue of mental health - namely, depression - as a reason for his actions.  He also just cited his mental health in his Instagram rant.

But if he IS suffering from something I certainly don't believe that some in this fan base here are wishing the BEST for him.

It is ONE WAY to bring up Mental Health - it is ANOTHER to bring it up in a derisive way.

And why was my response to Moiso deleted? Was it over the top?

« Reply #353 on: November 29, 2019, 10:03:24 AM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
Irving will definitely pee on your foot in the elevator, and he won't acknowledge you.  He's a fake not just to others but to himself as well.  He is completely self unaware.

In regard to that novel he wrote the other day to say that life is bigger than basketball- he doesn't realize that he was being booed for how he lives his life, not how he plays basketball.  The booing was not basketball related at all and he doesn't get that.

Kyrie Irving and Kid's footlocker donating 190 sneakers to a Boy's and Girls club

Kyrie Irving donating to the same Native American tribe that his late mother belonged to.

Kyrie Irving visiting children in South Africa as part of a delegation lead by none other than Dikembe Mutombo.

https://www.bestbuddies.org/2016/07/07/kyrie-irving-basketball-challenge-to-benefit-best-buddies-ohio/

Looks like - to ME, at least - that Kyrie Irving is living a fulfilling life.

So what he reneged on us? We are a BETTER basketball team now....BKN will be a better team once they get Durant back.

I simply cannot agree with the narrative on this blog about Kyrie Irving and I won't.
That's all great.  Irving does some charity work.  So did Aaron Hernandez.  I'm not sure of the relevance.  Most people have some good in them.

So now we're comparing Kyrie Irving to Aaron Hernandez.

OK.

« Reply #354 on: November 29, 2019, 10:31:14 AM »

Offline cltc5

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 445
I think if kyrie is gonna talk about the importance of life, maybe just do it on a platform away from basketball, like over the summer and maybe not be so sensitive about stuff.  Take the high high rise he has a lot of what many people would love to have

« Reply #355 on: November 29, 2019, 10:35:00 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Okay, I get the Kyrie hate but comparing him to a convicted murderer is crossing a line. Let's stop that now!

« Reply #356 on: November 29, 2019, 10:58:22 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25627
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
I do agree with moiso that doing charity worked — particularly with cameras rolling — doesn’t suggest somebody is a good person. Antonio Brown is a better comparison, though.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #357 on: November 29, 2019, 11:07:55 AM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
My thing is THIS, though:

If Kyrie Irving IS suffering from some demons - why the HATE on here?

Most of this blog has ALREADY alluded to this....

So why the continued hate?

Why can't we look at Kyrie in a prism and simply wish him well?

My GOD this team is being looked at as a CONTENDER - even by the media......but yet - even with the POTENTIAL that Kyrie Irving IS suffering from something we continuously deride him.

It just isn't right.

It comes off to ME as a spoiled and petulant fan base without much ability to EMPATHIZE with someone going through something.

All we care about is our 16 Banners....Brady's Championships.....Red Sox....Bruins.

Your area is perhaps one of the most successful in Sports.

So all we care about is winning? And Kyrie Irving interfered with that, huh?

« Reply #358 on: November 29, 2019, 11:12:21 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
I do agree with moiso that doing charity worked — particularly with cameras rolling — doesn’t suggest somebody is a good person. Antonio Brown is a better comparison, though.
Yeah, I agree. Doing charity work doesn't make you a good person or prove anything about your character, especially for those that are extremely wealthy who sometimes contribute time and money or create charities for their own selfish monetary purposes or trying to build good PR for a brand.

I have little opinion or knowledge of Kyrie to know if he is a genuinely good guy doing charity work or a knob doing charity work for self serving purposes. He really matters little to me anymore.

If people want to criticize him personally for acts seen over the last year or so, great but stick to judging him off that and let's not completely assassinate the man's character by comparing him to a mass murderer, that's not right.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2019, 11:22:00 AM by nickagneta »

« Reply #359 on: November 29, 2019, 11:18:30 AM »

Offline Hank Finkel

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 41
It’s obvious Kyrie is just not a leader.  The C’s were expecting him to be something he can’t do.  He is a good player but is on his own page and will never lead a team to a title.  Someone else will have to do it and he will follow on their coattails. I don’t think that makes him a bad person but expectations were high here in Boston and its not a place for him.  The team is happy now and Walker is a better fit and leader for Boston. I think we can move on.