Author Topic: Cut Yabusele now then sign  (Read 2263 times)

Cut Yabusele now then sign
« on: July 08, 2019, 12:18:07 PM »

Offline SCBirdman

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 31
Trey Lyles. Really think he could help as a bigger guy that can switch on ball screens, rebound, facilitate and stretch the floor.

Re: Cut Yabusele now then sign
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2019, 12:22:34 PM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 972
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
C's would still have to pay Yabs.  Why not wait until the season starts and look for a trade?

« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2019, 12:23:11 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
He doesn't rebound noticeably more than Yabu. I do think he is more likely a NBA player than Yabu at this point but I don't think he's a great prospect either.

Either way I don't see the C's eating Yabu's deal to bring him in, but I could be wrong.

« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2019, 12:23:53 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
C's would still have to pay Yabs.  Why not wait until the season starts and look for a trade?
Yeah I feel like the C's will do this, and then move Yabu along with cash to create a roster spot at the deadline if they want one for a buyout or a separate trade.

« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2019, 12:29:58 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1756
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
Yabu is 100% on this team because his salary is more than the minimum and he is expiring - making him a perfect inclusion in any trade. While he isn't an NBA caliber player, his contract is more valuable to us through the deadline. He will either be traded or let go at that point to make room for a vet who can better help us down the stretch.

« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2019, 01:16:28 PM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 412
I said same thing couple weeks ago..he be great here
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2019, 01:26:49 PM »

Offline rondofan1255

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 527
I’m on board.

Any NBA caliber PF over Yabu

« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2019, 01:30:16 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
he is our 290 lb cheerleader ...   phew

:-X

he d look awful in a short skirt   :(

« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2019, 01:31:40 PM »

Offline rondofan1255

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 527
he is our 290 lb cheerleader ...   phew

:-X

he d look awful in a short skirt   :(

He could dress up as a mascot with a nickname

« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2019, 01:31:42 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
I imagine Danny will keep Yabu on the roster solely for his contract.  Aggregating Yabu with a couple other contracts could allow the Celts to trade for somebody making a decent chunk of change.

Yabu + Theis could allow the Celts to take back a player making as much as $13.1 million, if I'm not mistaken.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2019, 01:39:58 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
If Lyles would sign for the minimum I suppose that would be fine, but it’s not something to get worked up about.  Lyles is better than Yabu, but I don’t think he’d crack the rotation.

« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2019, 01:43:48 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
I imagine Danny will keep Yabu on the roster solely for his contract.  Aggregating Yabu with a couple other contracts could allow the Celts to trade for somebody making a decent chunk of change.

Yabu + Theis could allow the Celts to take back a player making as much as $13.1 million, if I'm not mistaken.

I don’t expect there to be much aggregation going on, unless Theis isn’t guaranteed next year (I’ve been traveling and may have missed that piece of info).  Teams generally don’t like to take on long-term money owed to reserves in a deadline deal.  The movable guys are Yabu and Wannamaker, in terms of adding someone for depth at the deadline.

« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2019, 01:50:08 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182

I don’t expect there to be much aggregation going on, unless Theis isn’t guaranteed next year (I’ve been traveling and may have missed that piece of info).  Teams generally don’t like to take on long-term money owed to reserves in a deadline deal.  The movable guys are Yabu and Wannamaker, in terms of adding someone for depth at the deadline.

$5 million beyond this year for a guy who is reasonably productive and can both defend and shoot doesn't seem like it ought to be hard to move.

You're right that teams don't usually like to take on future money in a deadline deal unless it's a significant asset.  That said, next summer's free agency class is pretty weak so teams may not be as adverse to taking on salary for 2020-2021.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #13 on: July 08, 2019, 02:03:27 PM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
Not until after the trade deadline.   No point before then since he is still useful for cap filling purposes.

« Reply #14 on: July 08, 2019, 02:18:42 PM »

Offline Kuberski33

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 533
The overreaction here over one crap summer league performance is typical for these forums and not at all surprising.
Yes, Yabu is playing for his career and he's been pretty much a bust to date - but I'd also hold off on final judgements till we get into the season and he's given a chance to earn minutes. 

For the first time in his career he's being given that chance.

I would point out that we don't have much at all at the 4-5 so it's pretty much an open audition for playing time after Kanter.  A Yabu who plays the way Ainge envisioned when he was drafted would help the situation, as right now we're on track to get routinely destroyed in the paint by Milwaukee and the Sixers.