Author Topic: Pitino: scandal is "pure hell"  (Read 5753 times)

Pitino: scandal is "pure hell"
« on: August 26, 2009, 07:24:02 PM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120
Rick Pitino said today that the scandal has been "pure hell" for his family.
http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/basketball/news?slug=ap-pitinoextortion&prov=ap&type=lgns

I just don't feel sorry for this guy.  I feel sorry for his family, but that is all his own doing, as far as I can tell.

This also was of interest:
Sypher later told Pitino she was pregnant, planned to have an abortion but did not have medical insurance. He told police he gave her $3,000, money his attorney Steve Pence said was for insurance, not an abortion.
Are Pitino and his lawyer really trying to split hairs here?  If the money is for insurance, and that insurance will be used for an abortion, isn't the money really just for an abortion?
Celtics fan for life.

Re: Pitino: scandal is "pure hell"
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2009, 07:24:54 PM »

Offline RebusRankin

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 923
He thinks people should feel sorry for him why?

« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2009, 07:36:57 PM »

Offline JSD

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2159
http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/basketball/news?slug=ap-pitinoextortion&prov=ap&type=lgns

I just don't feel sorry for this guy.  I feel sorry for his family, but that is all his own doing, as far as I can tell.

Sypher later told Pitino she was pregnant, planned to have an abortion but did not have medical insurance. He told police he gave her $3,000, money his attorney Steve Pence said was for insurance, not an abortion.
Are Pitino and his lawyer really trying to split hairs here?  If the money is for insurance, and that insurance will be used for an abortion, isn't the money really just for an abortion?

The issue here is that he's supposedly a devoted Catholic and family man and is therefore pro- life.  So yes, it makes a difference what he paid for from a PR standpoint.

« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2009, 07:50:28 PM »

Offline angryguy77

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 596
what a Edited.  Profanity and masked profanity are against forum rules and may result in discipline.
Still don't believe in Joe.

« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2009, 07:54:07 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
I do feel sorry for his family. They did not make the terrible decisions that led to this mess.

I even feel a little sorry for him, I've done many dumb things in my life. I'm glad they're not public knoweledge. Then a remember that he made Red give up the title of President of the Celtics. That fixes any pity I have for him personally. I'm kinda petty about that, because it was an incredibly petty demand that really hurt Red.

« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2009, 07:59:09 PM »

Offline GroverTheClover

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 167
I do feel sorry for his family. They did not make the terrible decisions that led to this mess.

I even feel a little sorry for him, I've done many dumb things in my life. I'm glad they're not public knoweledge. Then a remember that he made Red give up the title of President of the Celtics. That fixes any pity I have for him personally. I'm kinda petty about that, because it was an incredibly petty demand that really hurt Red.

Quoted for truth.

He has no one to blame for his "hell" but himself.

« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2009, 08:42:04 PM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123

Funny. Having Pitino as coach of the Celtics was "pure hell" for many fans.

« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2009, 08:54:29 PM »

Offline screwedupmaniac

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 205

The issue here is that he's supposedly a devoted Catholic and family man and is therefore pro- life.  So yes, it makes a difference what he paid for from a PR standpoint.

i guess it's easy to take a pro-life stance until the issue hits so close to home  :-\

« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2009, 07:19:31 AM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120

Funny. Having Pitino as coach of the Celtics was "pure hell" for many fans.
Haha, TP.

I realize he is Catholic and so the PR is important to him.  But it makes me even more ticked off.  Does he think people are too stupid to put two and two together?  Does he think such hair splitting will matter "at the next level" so to speak?
Celtics fan for life.