Author Topic: Trade idea - Kyle Anderson for Pritchard and Gallo  (Read 1644 times)

Trade idea - Kyle Anderson for Pritchard and Gallo
« on: January 11, 2023, 10:20:32 AM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
Min trade Kyle Anderson

Celtics trade Pritchard, Gallo and maybe one or more 2nd round picks.

I could see Min thinking about such a trade if the move Russel (who they need to do) and can use Pritchard off the bench as part of a PG rotation.   

For the Celtics, Anderson can take over the role they imagined for Gallo. 

Re: Trade idea - Kyle Anderson for Pritchard and Gallo
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2023, 10:33:02 AM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3178
Min trade Kyle Anderson

Celtics trade Pritchard, Gallo and maybe one or more 2nd round picks.

I could see Min thinking about such a trade if the move Russel (who they need to do) and can use Pritchard off the bench as part of a PG rotation.   

For the Celtics, Anderson can take over the role they imagined for Gallo.

I think it's a good trade but I don't think either team does it...

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2023, 10:36:17 AM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
If you are looking at Wolves situation is now the time to buy on Towns for cheap? Smart, Grant, TL and two 1st for Towns.

Start: White, Brown, Tatum, Al, Towns
Bench: PP, Brogdon, Hauser, Blake, Kornet

Maybe flip the teams good seconds and TE for a big.

« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2023, 10:36:48 AM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 421
I've been a long time K Anderson fan (all the way back to when Umass was recruiting him to play PG). If Stevens feels that Grant will be to costly to keep then I'm all for trying to land Anderson.

However I think/hope Grant will be a long term Celtic and with that do not see the value in trading for Anderson. His game is that of a connecting piece on the court and with JT's improved play making along side Smart, White, Brogdon and Al I dont this Anderson's skill set has as much value on this roster.

If Pritchard is moved I suspect it will be for R Williams insurance or a shooting wing to replace Gallo's intended role and who is an upgrade over Hauser. The big man insurance I could see being available on the trade market but I think its unlikely the Cs find a wing better in his role then Hauser 
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2023, 10:40:19 AM »

Offline Sophomore

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 823
I’d absolutely take Anderson for that price. Really doubt MN wants to move him, though.

« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2023, 11:01:04 AM »

Online Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 986
I like the idea, but I don’t see Minnesota selling off pieces this deadline.  They need to save face from the Gobert trade and make the playoffs.  A teardown may come next summer, however.

« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2023, 11:26:37 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
If you are looking at Wolves situation is now the time to buy on Towns for cheap? Smart, Grant, TL and two 1st for Towns.

wouldn't do it.  Wolves come out much better as a team even though they're giving up the best player.  C's down to 6 guys that can be relied on and that's assuming White gets it together on offense like he had earlier this year and not the White we saw last season and the past month.

would stick to a minor move rather than torpedo the roster that has the best record in the league.

« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2023, 12:33:56 PM »

Online Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 976
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
I am surprised about all these trade ideas with Gallo plus plenty of goodies (young players & picks).

Do people forget how good Gallo can be? He is going to fit into this system perfectly, and we keep Pritchard, Grant, picks etc.

« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2023, 12:41:52 PM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
I am surprised about all these trade ideas with Gallo plus plenty of goodies (young players & picks).

Do people forget how good Gallo can be? He is going to fit into this system perfectly, and we keep Pritchard, Grant, picks etc.

Because in the NBA, you never know when a window will be slammed shut.   

I would be more reluctant to trade Grant in a case like this.   Grant is an important rotation piece.   I like Pritchard, but he doesn't have a important role on this team.   It looks like it would take two injuries to the guard rotation for him to get real minutes.

« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2023, 01:11:15 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289

wouldn't do it.  Wolves come out much better as a team even though they're giving up the best player.  C's down to 6 guys that can be relied on and that's assuming White gets it together on offense like he had earlier this year and not the White we saw last season and the past month.

would stick to a minor move rather than torpedo the roster that has the best record in the league.
Something definitely isn't working with Wolves is why I think this could be good for them. Also them recouping of a few 1st makes sense. The idea is they get more options is the big buy for them.

C's consolidate and go three star route with Towns, and the Jays. Would probably have first pick in any buyout guys to fill in the gaps with a big three on the roster.

I miss having a big three.

« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2023, 01:26:56 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047

Something definitely isn't working with Wolves is why I think this could be good for them. Also them recouping of a few 1st makes sense. The idea is they get more options is the big buy for them.

C's consolidate and go three star route with Towns, and the Jays. Would probably have first pick in any buyout guys to fill in the gaps with a big three on the roster.

I miss having a big three.
as I said, it'd be good for Minny.  it's not good for the C's.  "Big 3" is irrelevant and isn't necessary to win a title.   It's absolutely a horrible reason to gut the winningest team in the league and leave the depth as non-existent.   Also, who exactly do you think is going to be available via buyout that would make a difference off the bench?   I guarantee anyone that gets bought out would be nothing more than a 10th man at best on the current roster and more than likely would be fighting Jackson for garbage minutes.

« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2023, 01:27:53 PM »

Offline DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 766
Size wins in the playoffs. I'm good trading Pritchard for a guy with size who could play some in the playoffs. Anderson is a 4 in the modern NBA. I wouldn't probably do it for a true wing, but for a guy who could play the 4, I would.

« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2023, 01:40:53 PM »

Offline Yuckabuck33

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 171

Exactly. Every trade proposal I see on here trades Gallo. There is no scenario in this universe where Brad trades Gallo at this time. Maybe later, if things change, but not now.

« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2023, 01:44:16 PM »

Offline Sophomore

• Paul Silas

Because in the NBA, you never know when a window will be slammed shut.   

I would be more reluctant to trade Grant in a case like this.   Grant is an important rotation piece.   I like Pritchard, but he doesn't have a important role on this team.   It looks like it would take two injuries to the guard rotation for him to get real minutes.

Yeah. Anderson is a good player outright, and potentially a great fit in our system. Doesn’t have spectacular physical talent, but he’s big and has a really high BBall IQ. A 2-way player, blue guy who can complement a lot of different lineups and make them better. Gives us the backup big wing we’ve been craving.

« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2023, 01:48:02 PM »

Offline Sophomore

• Paul Silas

Exactly. Every trade proposal I see on here trades Gallo. There is no scenario in this universe where Brad trades Gallo at this time. Maybe later, if things change, but not now.

Gallo isn’t going to play this year. If we could get a guy good enough to deserve rotation minutes *this year* at the 3-4, I think you have to do it. KA is a guy I can see giving playoff minutes to.
Gallo is a little iffier. Maybe, but his defense is pretty bad; he might need to be on a pretty short leash even if healthy.