Author Topic: What is your ideal and realistic team next season?  (Read 29973 times)

Re: What is your ideal and realistic team next season?
« Reply #45 on: May 16, 2019, 12:08:37 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25629
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
IMO the Celtic are in a tough position.

What makes you think Kyrie Irving will play any differently next year than he did last year? Why will he not be the ISO leader of the 2020 Boston Celtics? Is it because we could maybe have Anthony Davis? Is there anything in his past that indicates he can score when he needs to, and distribute the ball thus keeping the players on the floor engaged?

Kyrie wasn't the problem last year, at least on the court. 

The Celtics were fifth in the NBA last year in terms of assists per possession, only 0.2 assists per 100 possessions from third place in the NBA.  The ball moved just fine.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #46 on: May 16, 2019, 12:13:05 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867

What makes you think Kyrie Irving will play any differently next year than he did last year? Why will he not be the ISO leader of the 2020 Boston Celtics? Is it because we could maybe have Anthony Davis? Is there anything in his past that indicates he can score when he needs to, and distribute the ball thus keeping the players on the floor engaged?

The Celtics were fifth in the NBA last year in terms of assists per possession, only 0.2 assists per 100 possessions from third place in the NBA.  The ball moved just fine.

Seriously?

In the 4th quarter in tight games... Irving did not let up control of the ball. He got pizzed when Hayward passed it to Tatum

Come on now

« Reply #47 on: May 16, 2019, 12:13:34 PM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 413
Team had no legit big..got killed inside both offense and defense..
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #48 on: May 16, 2019, 12:17:53 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
It's weird to me that so many people seem to think that Kyrie coming back and the Celts trading for Davis is a "more likely than not" scenario at this point after all that's happened in the last month.  Heck, it's odd to me that anybody would think it's an especially 'likely" scenario at this point.

While I agree, it's also odd to me that you think Clarke will fall to us at 14 lol.

Team had no legit big..got killed inside both offense and defense..

We kept getting destroyed on the boards in important clutch time situations.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #49 on: May 16, 2019, 12:20:16 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
It's weird to me that so many people seem to think that Kyrie coming back and the Celts trading for Davis is a "more likely than not" scenario at this point after all that's happened in the last month.  Heck, it's odd to me that anybody would think it's an especially 'likely" scenario at this point.

While I agree, it's also odd to me that you think Clarke will fall to us at 14 lol.

I make no claim to any real familiarity with this draft.

I looked up some college stats and glanced at a couple mock drafts.  So I honestly have no idea if the players I mentioned in my post are especially likely to be available when the Celts are picking.

That said, it does seem like this is a really volatile draft as far as where all the players are going to go.

Anyway, I'm perfectly happy to admit that I have no idea who the Celts should, or will, draft.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #50 on: May 16, 2019, 12:21:31 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith

Seriously?

In the 4th quarter in tight games... Irving did not let up control of the ball. He got pizzed when Hayward passed it to Tatum

Come on now

Kyrie got upset once because Hayward deviated from the play call.  I don't think that was indicative of things over 82 games.

Kyrie did take the most shots in clutch time.  That's what star players do.  He also led the team in +/- during clutch situations, along with leading the team in assists.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #51 on: May 16, 2019, 12:22:11 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833

Agreed, but not in the last 4 games of the playoffs. I bet our assist stat was dreadful.

« Reply #52 on: May 16, 2019, 12:22:48 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.

I looked up some college stats and glanced at a couple mock drafts.  So I honestly have no idea if the players I mentioned in my post are especially likely to be available when the Celts are picking.

That said, it does seem like this is a really volatile draft as far as where all the players are going to go.

Anyway, I'm perfectly happy to admit that I have no idea who the Celts should, or will, draft.

Just messing with you lol.

While I do agree this could be a top 2 heavy draft, I think Clarke, Rui, and a few select could maybe surprise some doubters.

Thing about drafts is they are always a crap shoot. It really depends on variance, stability, environment/coaching and the cognitive onus for a player to succeed.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #53 on: May 16, 2019, 12:24:17 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 653
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Ideal?

Kyrie
Tatum
Hayward
Al
AD

Vet guys on the bench...Brown, Williams and Smart sent to NO...Rozier gone.

Realistic?

Tatum
Brown
Hayward
Smart
Al
1-3 first round picks

Boston goes young

« Reply #54 on: May 16, 2019, 12:29:03 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

Seriously?

Come on now

Kyrie got upset once because Hayward deviated from the play call.  I don't think that was indicative of things over 82 games.

Kyrie did take the most shots in clutch time.  That's what star players do.  He also led the team in +/- during clutch situations, along with leading the team in assists.

The flipside is nobody else gets to "grow"

If you dont allow Rozier, Brown, Tatum etc be the man late in games/hit the game winning shots.... there wasnt even one game I remember of this happening

How are they going to grow mentally?

When Irving wants help from these guys, late in games or when he is having an off night... how are you expecting them to come through?

Even Jordan let other players make some difficult shots/last shots of the game. Ask Kerr

Kobe the same. Spurs the same. GSW the same.

« Reply #55 on: May 16, 2019, 12:29:48 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3175

Just messing with you lol.

While I do agree this could be a top 2 heavy draft, I think Clarke, Rui, and a few select could maybe surprise some doubters.

Thing about drafts is they are always a crap shoot. It really depends on variance, stability, environment/coaching and the cognitive onus for a player to succeed.

I like a lot of Players in this draft including Rui and I also like Isaiah Roby. I think some of these guys will be better as NBA role players than they were in college.

« Reply #56 on: May 16, 2019, 12:31:00 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith

Seriously?

Come on now

If you dont allow Rozier, Brown, Tatum etc be the man late in games/hit the game winning shots.... there wasnt even one game I remember of this happening

When Irving wants help from these guys, late in games or when he is having an iff night... how are you expecting them to come through?

Even Jordan let other players make some difficult shots/hot the last shot. Kobe the same. Spurs the same. GSW the same.

You just cited a game where Tatum got a chance at the winning shot.  Kyrie took most of the shots, not all of them.

How many game-winners did we have this season, anyway?  Kyrie against Indy, Hayward against SAC.  Kyrie hit a last second shot against LA, but Rondo hit a buzzer-beater on the other end.

« Reply #57 on: May 16, 2019, 12:36:31 PM »

Offline Silky

• NFT
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 144
2017-2018
60 games 41 wins

2018-2019
67 games. 37 wins.

Hiw anyone can blame the majority of this season on Kyrie is beyond logic.

People act like we didnt have kyrie at all last year and had him all season this year.

7 games

That is it iver the regular season.

7 games.

Here is another thing that annoys me.
Is kyrie perfect? Nope.
But he is one of the best scorers in the game.

And how many prolific scorers are also asked ti facilitate an offense?
George?  Nope fewer assists averaged
Durant?  Nope fewer assists
Mitchell? Nope.
Lillard? Same amount.

There is a reason why these guys dont get double digit assists....they dont facilitate offenses. Others do.

That is also why the best lineups for the celtics had smart and horford. 2 playmakers/facilitators.

Biggest problems this season.
Lack of a bigman. Horford is not a great center anymore and is better as a pf.
Jerked around roles. Tatum/jaylen suffered here.
Hayward. Too many minutes for garbage results. Really screwed with a continuity that was built over 60 games last season.
Lockerroom egos-rozier.

« Reply #58 on: May 16, 2019, 12:40:11 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

Seriously?

Come on now

When Irving wants help from these guys, late in games or when he is having an iff night... how are you expecting them to come through?

Even Jordan let other players make some difficult shots/hot the last shot. Kobe the same. Spurs the same. GSW the same.

You just cited a game where Tatum got a chance at the winning shot.  Kyrie took most of the shots, not all of them.

Its not even about the shots but how he went about it

All has to funnel through me. I decide ...if I make the shots or I feed you

Vs letting Tatum take the next 5 shots in a row...because he is feeling it. Or brown take the shots because he has shot 8 for 10 for the game thus far

« Reply #59 on: May 16, 2019, 12:44:12 PM »

Offline Sophomore

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 823
Nearly none of the teams here are realistic, lol.

finally somebody spoke the truth ...lol

thanks !

Some of them are - at least until we know more about Kyrie's intentions. You don't think Gouki88's team is realistic? PhoSita's team looks not only realistic but a little pessimistic.