Author Topic: Lonzo Ball - youngest to get a triple double (breaks lebrons record)  (Read 3077 times)

Re: Lonzo Ball - youngest to get a triple double (breaks lebrons record)
« Reply #15 on: November 12, 2017, 12:10:52 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
Congrats to him.

He seems like an humble kid and he'll only get better.

He's made The Lakers competitive AND better - that is a lot for a rookie.

I'm glad that WE were able to bottle him up somewhat but he's going to be a load going forward.

The comparisons to Jason Kidd - while STILL early in Ball's career - are not far off. A 6'6" version of Kidd.

With that much height he has the potential to REALLY disrupt defensively as he gets better.

Congrats on Moderator, too - Moranis.

If you go by Lakers boards, the Lakers got better in spite of him. Laker offense and defense numbers last I check are better with him sitting.

He may be key in the future, but right now he is a negative.

Magic screwed up already Trading a budding young talent in Russell for a dinosaur Lopez .  Lopez drags the team in the wrong direction asa building block , even if his points gives them wins.  He has no future as a Laker..   

« Reply #16 on: November 12, 2017, 12:41:41 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
not impressed by stat padders like Westbrook and ball who are able to get Triple doubles and their team loses at the end ? It’s selfish gameplay
« Last Edit: November 12, 2017, 01:21:30 PM by CelticsElite »

« Reply #17 on: November 12, 2017, 12:52:12 PM »

Offline EJPLAYA

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 127
not impressed by stat ladders like Westbrook and ball who are able to get Triple doubles and their team loses at the end ? It’s selfish gameplay

This. I am tired of all the hype for a guy who can't now nor will ever be able to shoot the ball. (See Rondo and all their hope for him developing a shot) He is a decent passer and a solid rebounder from the guard position. Nothing more. He is a mediocre player in this league on bad teams. Luckily for the Lakers they got the actual good player in Kuzma...

« Reply #18 on: November 12, 2017, 01:22:54 PM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1469
I think the hype on Lonzo is so dumb.  He isn't as good as ESPN is hyping him to be.  But I don't get the hate for the kid.  But his dad....umm...probably turns off a lot of people. 

I don't think he is going to be a future mvp, but he can be special when he pushes the pace and attacks the rim.  His shooting form is pretty bad, I cringe when I watch it.

« Reply #19 on: November 12, 2017, 01:34:41 PM »

Offline Mlewis1392

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 12
He made it clear after the game that the triple double means nothing to him with the game resulting in a loss for the Lakers. One thing you can't question  about the kid is his passion for the game and winning  attitude. That's all that he cares about

« Reply #20 on: November 12, 2017, 03:04:16 PM »

Offline crimson_stallion

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 875
Like some others, I don't get the hate for Ball.

I initially felt natural dislike towards him based on his father alone, as I just assumed "like father, like son". But then I saw him in a couple of interviews, and he seems nothing at all like his father.  He actually seems like a really good kid with a modest attitude so is all about doing whatever the team needs to win - and some most players will SAY they feel that way, he's one of the rare ones (like Tatum) who seems to genuinely believe it.

I hate the Lakers as a franchise, and I hate Lavar Ball, but I can't hold those things against this kid.

As has been by some others here, I don't think he's going to become anything close to the next magic or even the next penny Hardaway, - I think he's just too limited scoring the ball and too limited defensively to ever get there.  But I do think he'll be a very good pass first PG (Rondo-esque) who will pile up triple doubles like no tomorrow.

« Reply #21 on: November 12, 2017, 03:04:26 PM »

Offline crimson_stallion

• Rajon Rondo
Edit: accidental double post

« Reply #22 on: November 12, 2017, 03:22:10 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Really couldn't care less, but I can tell ESPN is going to make this out to be a huge story.

God he's overrated
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #23 on: November 12, 2017, 04:24:15 PM »

Offline crimson_stallion

• Rajon Rondo
Really couldn't care less, but I can tell ESPN is going to make this out to be a huge story.

God he's overrated

Yep.

I'm far more impressed by Simmons, who has already put up two triple doubles and has been a key reason why the Sixers look like a legit playoff team.

« Reply #24 on: November 12, 2017, 04:40:10 PM »

Offline GratefulCs

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 496
  • Salmon and Mashed Potatoes
Like some others, I don't get the hate for Ball.

I initially felt natural dislike towards him based on his father alone, as I just assumed "like father, like son". But then I saw him in a couple of interviews, and he seems nothing at all like his father.  He actually seems like a really good kid with a modest attitude so is all about doing whatever the team needs to win - and some most players will SAY they feel that way, he's one of the rare ones (like Tatum) who seems to genuinely believe it.

I hate the Lakers as a franchise, and I hate Lavar Ball, but I can't hold those things against this kid.

As has been by some others here, I don't think he's going to become anything close to the next magic or even the next penny Hardaway, - I think he's just too limited scoring the ball and too limited defensively to ever get there.  But I do think he'll be a very good pass first PG (Rondo-esque) who will pile up triple doubles like no tomorrow.
... he's a laker

that's all i need to know
I trust Danny Ainge