Author Topic: OJ sentenced  (Read 3684 times)

OJ sentenced
« on: December 05, 2008, 01:28:07 PM »

Offline ACF

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1157
  • A Celtic Fan
I just saw on TV that OJ Simpson
was sentenced to 15 years in prison
on charges of robbery, assault
with a deadly weapon and some
other charges as well.
I wonder where it all went wrong
for him?

I guess you can call it "karma".

Re: OJ sentenced
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2008, 01:34:56 PM »

Offline ManUp

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 285
  • Rondo doesn't believe in easy buckets...
Someone clear this up to me. I haven't been following the OJ thing since I don't really care, but is it true it WAS his stuff. I heard from a co-worker the stuff he was "getting back" was stuff that was taken. If so then he's been found guilty on the wrong charges.

« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2008, 01:39:38 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
Someone clear this up to me. I haven't been following the OJ thing since I don't really care, but is it true it WAS his stuff. I heard from a co-worker the stuff he was "getting back" was stuff that was taken. If so then he's been found guilty on the wrong charges.

Here's why he's in trouble:

Quote from: Judge Glass
"You went to the room. You took guns. You used force. You took property, and in this state, that amounts to robbery with the use of a deadly weapon."

It doesn't really matter who the property belonged to (although here, that's in dispute, and really, this stuff is supposed to be going to the Goldmans in their wrongful death judgment.)  O.J. broke the law, and used a gun to do it.  He got what he deserved.

From what I could tell from watching, the sentence is a fixed term of 15 years, with parole potentially after five years.  He then has a consecutive sentence of at least 12 months after that, meaning he'll serve somewhere between 6 and 16 years.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2008, 01:42:10 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157

yea, its his "stuff" that he claims he never consented to selling, but since he still owes the goldmans a ton of cash, they sold those items to recupe his judgment. It doesn't matter if OJ wanted to sell them or not, The goldman's still have a lean on his estate.

Thats why he didn't call the police and say "hey, these guys stole from me, can you go arrest them?"

and instead busted in with guns and threats, because he no longer legaly owned any of the items.

also as Roy just said, it doesnt matter if they were his or not, you can't just bust into someones hotel and relieve them of property they paid for at gun point. If a robber took your TV and sold it to someone else, you have no right to go kick the new owners head in and take your TV back. You would instead file a police report.

“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2008, 02:10:08 PM »

Offline ManUp

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 285
  • Rondo doesn't believe in easy buckets...
Thanks for clearing it up for me, Roy and Crownsy.

I gave you both TPs.

In the end I don't really have an opinion on the case or really care. O.J. shouldn't still be news at this point, IMO.

« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2008, 02:12:10 PM »

Offline ACF

• Danny Ainge
  • A Celtic Fan
Thanks for clearing it up for me, Roy and Crownsy.

I gave you both TPs.

In the end I don't really have an opinion on the case or really care. O.J. shouldn't still be news at this point, IMO.

Just throwing it out there.
The "karma" thing said it all
as far as I'm concerned  ;)

« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2008, 02:25:28 PM »

Offline Mencius

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 103
True, but if the real karma kicked in, he'd get much worse than just a prison sentence.

« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2008, 02:29:49 PM »

Offline ACF

• Danny Ainge
  • A Celtic Fan
True, but if the real karma kicked in, he'd get much worse than just a prison sentence.

I've never stared at prison walls
and I won't ever do so. But I think
it's probably not that funny. Just
a tiny hunch I have  ;)
I can see where you're coming from, though.