Author Topic: Hospital Celtics are back!  (Read 6537 times)

Re: Hospital Celtics are back!
« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2020, 11:29:27 AM »

Offline seancally

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 119
@tvabby
Jayson Tatum is OUT tonight against the #Magic. Says he’s feeling better with the groin, but not ready to play.

@KeithSmithNBA
Brad Stevens said Jaylen Brown is resting himself now. No decision yet on Brown’s availability tonight. Enes Kanter will be out the next two games and re-evaluated Monday.

Looks like they've recalled Tacko but not yet Langford or Waters. Personally, esp. if Brown is out, I hope we get some extended Romeo run.
"The game honors toughness." - President Stevens

« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2020, 12:24:09 PM »

Offline NKY fan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 106
Most people on here say Romeo is an nba player... If Brad doesn't play him now when we need all healthy bodies  will the fan base turn on Stevens?

« Reply #17 on: January 24, 2020, 12:27:11 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Most people on here say Romeo is an nba player... If Brad doesn't play him now when we need all healthy bodies  will the fan base turn on Stevens?
It is extremely possible Romeo is an NBA player, just not ready for rotational minutes just yet. There is no reason to turn on Stevens for bringing him along at a pace Stevens feels is best Romeo simply because fans want to see Romeo play.

« Reply #18 on: January 24, 2020, 12:39:46 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3177
It is extremely possible Romeo is an NBA player, just not ready for rotational minutes just yet. There is no reason to turn on Stevens for bringing him along at a pace Stevens feels is best Romeo simply because fans want to see Romeo play.

Very reasonable take, but i want to see Romeo play!!!!

« Reply #19 on: January 24, 2020, 12:42:07 PM »

Offline NKY fan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 106
I don't quite agree. If we have a glaring need for wings (like if Brown can't go tonight) he has to be thrown into the fire.

Also it will look less sheltered on him..

« Reply #20 on: January 24, 2020, 01:12:03 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
I don't quite agree. If we have a glaring need for wings (like if Brown can't go tonight) he has to be thrown into the fire.

Actually no, he doesn't have to be played.  we have Wanamaker and Green performing decently at the wing spot with more experience.  I think Romeo will turn out to be a solid player for this team based on what he's shown so far.  I suspect we'd see more of him next year -- quite possibly as a primary scoring option off the bench when it's likely Wanamaker and Green have moved on to 'Green'er pastures.

« Reply #21 on: January 24, 2020, 01:19:00 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1763
  • Everybody knows what's best for you

Actually no, he doesn't have to be played.  we have Wanamaker and Green performing decently at the wing spot with more experience.  I think Romeo will turn out to be a solid player for this team based on what he's shown so far.  I suspect we'd see more of him next year -- quite possibly as a primary scoring option off the bench when it's likely Wanamaker and Green have moved on to 'Green'er pastures.

I think I agree with NKY. How in the world can we at least not bring in Romeo for the game even if he isn't relied upon for heavy rotational minutes? Anybody with eyes can see that the guy has game; I realize this doesn't mean he has all of the nuances down with rotations and such, but he should at least be with the big club if we are missing Tatum and Brown. I am a Green fan, though, and look forward to seeing more minutes for him...not such a fan of Wana, though  :-\

« Reply #22 on: January 24, 2020, 01:19:43 PM »

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325
The Hospital Celtics are back? I didn't know they ever left. ;D
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #23 on: January 24, 2020, 03:25:27 PM »

Offline keevsnick

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 550

I think I agree with NKY. How in the world can we at least not bring in Romeo for the game even if he isn't relied upon for heavy rotational minutes? Anybody with eyes can see that the guy has game; I realize this doesn't mean he has all of the nuances down with rotations and such, but he should at least be with the big club if we are missing Tatum and Brown. I am a Green fan, though, and look forward to seeing more minutes for him...not such a fan of Wana, though  :-\

I think Langford is currently with the redclaws and not even active for tonight.

« Reply #24 on: January 24, 2020, 03:30:37 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1763
  • Everybody knows what's best for you

I think Langford is currently with the redclaws and not even active for tonight.

That appeared to be the case last game; but with so many injuries, they should have at least had him ready to play tonight. They've had two days - he should have been on the team plane down to Orlando. Oh well, let's hope Jaylen is feeling better - Orlando is a decent enough team that we can't be assuming we'll win while missing three of our top 6.

« Reply #25 on: January 24, 2020, 03:37:58 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
I thought it was regarding childrens hospital visit at first

This is not good news

Kemba may have to go off for 60 tonight

« Reply #26 on: January 24, 2020, 03:44:24 PM »

Offline mef730

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 915
maybe it is just me, but I am more worried about Tatum being out for an extended period.  Groin injuries are bad...

I know the reports said he avoided a 'serious' groin injury, but those things are hard to fully recover from.

As far as I’m concerned, any injury to my groin is serious.

Mike

« Reply #27 on: January 24, 2020, 03:47:13 PM »

Offline Billz401

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 102
  • B's Up
I would really love to see Green get the starting job tonight to give him a chance. It feels like the more minutes brad gives him the more comfortable he feels out there and also gives more opportunity for dunks lol. Plus I'm just not sold on wanamaker or ojeleye. Kemba, smart, green, hayward, theis starters.
everyone got so sensitive after 9-11... thanks alot bin laden

« Reply #28 on: January 24, 2020, 03:49:38 PM »

Offline Androslav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 528
I think he is a player for sure, as Nick said give it time.
"The joy of the balling under the rims."

« Reply #29 on: January 24, 2020, 03:59:36 PM »

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325
maybe it is just me, but I am more worried about Tatum being out for an extended period.  Groin injuries are bad...

I know the reports said he avoided a 'serious' groin injury, but those things are hard to fully recover from.

As far as I’m concerned, any injury to my groin is serious.

Mike

Tru dat! LOL
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis