Author Topic: I'm so excited!!!! Kyrie is on the Bill Simmons podcast  (Read 10249 times)

Re: I'm so excited!!!! Kyrie is on the Bill Simmons podcast
« Reply #15 on: June 15, 2018, 11:14:07 PM »

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 323
Said Jaylen is super smart and one of the most interesting guys to talk to.

Next season is going to be fun but a challenge because of of expectations.

Thinking year to year. Wants to be focused on what the team can accomplish

Knee is feeling really good.

Lots of wokeness going on between those two, I'm sure. ;D
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #16 on: June 15, 2018, 11:26:55 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
Really like Kyrie on and off the court. Hope he's with the team for a long team. Also not sure if anyone heard it but today on the Sports Hub, they played a clip of an interview with ex Cavs GM David Griffin from last summer,  before the Kyrie trade. Griffin said Irving wanted to play in an ideal setting for a respected coach like Popovich OR Stevens.

« Reply #17 on: June 15, 2018, 11:39:38 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
“They take Grayson, then you, him and JT can have your own Duke side of the locker room.”
Tarheels will freak out

@Tarheels would demand a trade out of Celticsblog  :P

He has a no-trade clause, guys ;D.

« Reply #18 on: June 15, 2018, 11:44:35 PM »

Online SparzWizard

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 987
Said Jaylen is super smart and one of the most interesting guys to talk to.

Next season is going to be fun but a challenge because of of expectations.

Thinking year to year. Wants to be focused on what the team can accomplish

Knee is feeling really good.

Unfortunately, Jaylen might not be here next season because he might get dealt to the Spurs for Kawhi Leonard!

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #19 on: June 15, 2018, 11:59:06 PM »

Online green_bballers13

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 320
Ive been listening to Simmons podcasts a lot lately. Very entertaining.

The Simmons podcast is pretty solid, esp if you're into the Celtics.

Local sports radio is dead to me at this point. Too much shtick, and not enough content. I don't think many of the personalities know much about sports. With the exception of a few guys, the Sports Hub/WEEI talk show hosts are not that impressive. New cars are going to have better streaming options so that podcasts become even more popular. While the FM boys will most likely be around for a while, I just don't think their current product is enticing. It's my opinion that I think they're going to have to improve to stay relevant.

kyrie on Bill Simmons
« Reply #20 on: June 16, 2018, 05:25:22 AM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1233
A must for Kyrie fans and those feeling threatened by all the noise.Kyrie is a fun listen and you really gain a sense of his love of basketball and his craft.How special he thinks this team will be.He touches on how Rozier and himself pushing each other will make both better,dinner with Brad and his wife.
The best was the sharing of control by Kyrie and keeping everybody involved even knowing he could beat a guy every time or hit this shot but the rhythm of the game is more imp0rtant.
Whatever it takes to keep him -Kyrie is not only talented but likable
« Last Edit: June 16, 2018, 05:37:10 AM by rollie mass »

« Reply #21 on: June 16, 2018, 06:33:17 AM »

Online JSD

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2152
I love Bill Simmons. Great personality and if you’re a fan of the Celtics, there is nobody better.
The only color that matters is GREEN

« Reply #22 on: June 16, 2018, 06:52:15 AM »

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.
Biggest takeaway for the folks that think he wouldn’t mind playing with Bron again. Not happening sounds like he wants no part of that.

Can't listen to it...could you elaborate?
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.

Re: kyrie on Bill Simmons
« Reply #23 on: June 16, 2018, 07:14:45 AM »

Offline TheSundanceKid

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 199
Don't worry rollie, we aren't trading him. Fantasy sports is just more interesting than the actual game for some fans.

The fact he is not just another run of the mill "I love this place until one day I'm traded and love the next place" is a big reason why I like him. Give me some educated people in the Nba! (even if that does mean believing the world is flat..)

« Reply #24 on: June 16, 2018, 07:26:51 AM »

Offline perks-a-beast

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 224
I'm sorry but kyrie is suchhhh a boring interview. You could see Simmons doing his best but kyrie just gave him nothing to work with other than generic and politically correct responses...not really anything out of the ordinary for a basketball player unless you're like Shaq or someone.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2018, 07:32:49 AM by perks-a-beast »

« Reply #25 on: June 16, 2018, 08:20:12 AM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
Love Kyrie.

I'd bet he and Neil Degrasse Tyson could have a fun interview on Flat Earth..

« Reply #26 on: June 16, 2018, 09:45:57 AM »

Offline BringToughnessBack

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 941
Having dinner with Stevems interesting- Either we reached out to discuss scenarios or long term goals or he reached out to see about Danny’s plans and if is on block. Hopefully he is staying.

I agree about Kobe comparison and for Kyrie to see that after playing with Lebron, that is super exciting- Sky is the limit for our team...

I definitely want us to run it back with little changes.

Sounds like so far, so good to him enjoying Boston——one year to continue selling him on everything and hoping his family continues to like it as well-

Re: kyrie on Bill Simmons
« Reply #27 on: June 16, 2018, 10:17:15 AM »

Online ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1351
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #28 on: June 16, 2018, 03:05:44 PM »

Offline Hawkeye199

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 131
could you do a recap once he is done.

Here is my take away

Kyrie Irving continually talks about being happy and that being the most important thing for him. He seems like a pretty smart guy. Unfortunately, he talked a lot about how Lebron's contracts were revolutionary as it gave power to the player. He made it sound like this will become a growing trend as more and more stars will sign shorter contracts and even one-year deals. From hearing him talk about his fellow players the fans and his love of coach Stevens(who he had dinner with two nights ago, this included Stevens family) really makes me think he'll re-sign an extension. However, he seems unwilling to commit long-term as he feels a lot can change and he's not sure how he'll feel tomorrow or the day after that. I think he won't sign the 5-year max with the Celtics. I believe he will want more of a short-term deal.

Another thing I found interesting was Kyrie Irving talking about how he likes to play with an 8-9 man rotation in 2k. Kyrie talks about having Smart and Rozier off the bench and then just having Baynes as his big. I think this is how Irving believes the bench should be. A key guy that Irving did not mention was Morris. This adds fuel to the fire that Morris may be traded this offseason. The way Kyrie talks about this team makes me think that we are championship contenders.  I think Kyrie really likes are starting lineup. If anything it's the bench might have some tweaking.

I think one thing that most people didn't hear was Kyrie Irving saying we were going to get someone good with the 27th pick. I don't know who he was talking about. It does suggest that Boston did talk with him about some of their off-season plans. My guess is the Celtics getting a better big man than Baynes. Baynes is amazing on defense but still has limits offensively. I wonder what Morris and picks could get the Celtics?

zach lavine-jeremy lin-tyus jones
jeremy lamb-tyshen prince-Andre miller
will barton- beljina-
Kevin love-kevin garnet-payne
Karl anthoney Towns-JJ hickson