Author Topic: Champions League 2010/2011  (Read 46946 times)

Re: Champions League 2010/2011
« Reply #30 on: November 03, 2010, 11:53:40 AM »

Offline Dybdal

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 31
One thing i just cant seem to understand about the match yesterday is the fact that everyone in denmark is calling the draw against Barca the best result in danish history..

I feel like im the only sane person in this country, we have beaten Manchester United in copenhagen, we have beaten Bayern München in copenhagen but not only that in 94' a club called OB played Real Madrid at home and it ended 2-3 to Real, then went to Madrid a week later and handed real a 2-0 loss.

How can a draw against Barcalona be better than any of those? that dosnt make any sense.
"Leadership is diving for a loose ball, getting the crowd involved, getting other players involved. It`s being able to take it as well as dish it out. That`s the only way you`re going to get respect from the players"

- Larry Bird

« Reply #31 on: November 03, 2010, 01:56:04 PM »

Offline ederson

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 279
Bale absolutely dominated Maicon. He got by him at will and was the main reason Spurs beat Inter.

That`s what it makes Bale`s performance even more impressive. He did it against Maicon and not a 16 year old rookie from Nepal! And he had scored 3 goals against inter at the previous game.

« Reply #32 on: November 03, 2010, 03:41:03 PM »

Offline jdpapa3

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 85
Bale absolutely dominated Maicon. He got by him at will and was the main reason Spurs beat Inter.

That`s what it makes Bale`s performance even more impressive. He did it against Maicon and not a 16 year old rookie from Nepal! And he had scored 3 goals against inter at the previous game.

Yes, wasn't Maicon just recently named UEFA defender of the year for last year?

AC Milan vs. Real should be great. I love watching Xabi Alonso patrol the midfield.

« Reply #33 on: November 03, 2010, 04:38:27 PM »

Offline misha

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 1488
  • Open your eyes

Maicon is not the same lethal player he was last saeson. Seems like he lost motivation, probably because his move to Madrid collapsed at the last minute.
The Immortals:

Iker Casillas, Giacinto Facchetti, Alessandro Nesta, Matthias Sammer, Javier Zanetti, Lothar Matthäus (c), Xavi, Zico, Maradona, Roberto Baggio, Ferenc Puskas, Karl Heinz Rummenigge

Coach:Rinus Michels

« Reply #34 on: November 04, 2010, 02:36:10 AM »

Offline ACF

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1157
  • A Celtic Fan
@Dybdal: Barcelona is widely regarded as the best club in the world. To earn a point against them at this point in the tournament is huge. When Copenhagen beat United they (United) had already secured their spot in the final stages of the CL. I think OB's win was a fluke. That team was never really a great team. And it wasn't Copenhagen that beat Bayern, it was B1903 ;-)

« Reply #35 on: November 04, 2010, 07:11:33 AM »

Offline Dybdal

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 31
@Dybdal: Barcelona is widely regarded as the best club in the world. To earn a point against them at this point in the tournament is huge. When Copenhagen beat United they (United) had already secured their spot in the final stages of the CL. I think OB's win was a fluke. That team was never really a great team. And it wasn't Copenhagen that beat Bayern, it was B1903 ;-)

Im sorry ACF, i dont mean this with any sort of disrespect but OB's win against Real Madrid a fluke? are you kidding me? that team dismembered real at home 2-0, that can never.. ever.. compare to drawing barcalona at home! remember that Real Madrid won the primera division that year by beating Barcalona 5-0 in their last meeting.

I understand your joy over the result but come on you got to admit that its abit crazy and a long stretch to call a 1-1 draw against Real the best result in danish football history especialy since they havnt looked good outside home field in the champions league this year, drawing against Ruben Kazan aswell.
"Leadership is diving for a loose ball, getting the crowd involved, getting other players involved. It`s being able to take it as well as dish it out. That`s the only way you`re going to get respect from the players"

- Larry Bird

« Reply #36 on: November 04, 2010, 07:48:22 AM »

Offline ACF

• Danny Ainge
  • A Celtic Fan
What I meant was OB was not really that good back then. They had a good game and I tip my hat to them. But I am seeing the big picture here: Copenhagen has only lost around three games out of a total of around 25(?) this season. The sort of competition Copenhagen is facing now is ten times better than it was in '94. Ask any football expert and they will tell you that Copenhagen's 2010 squad is the best Danish team ever, period.

« Reply #37 on: November 04, 2010, 03:44:58 PM »

Offline ACF

• Danny Ainge
  • A Celtic Fan
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HUIVGTKVBkk

How is that not a red card? The ref didn't even hand him a yellow card but after the game (when he filed his match report) the ref said that he had indeed booked Valdes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZGEkCUDg8As
(At around 0:33 and forward) How is THAT not a red card?

YES!!!
« Reply #38 on: December 07, 2010, 05:23:08 PM »

Offline ACF

• Danny Ainge
  • A Celtic Fan
Copenhagen beat Panathinaikos 3-1 and are through to the final sixteen. This is a first for Danish football (played with the feet). I am elated!

« Reply #39 on: December 07, 2010, 05:54:15 PM »

Offline ACF

• Danny Ainge
  • A Celtic Fan
Like you care. But you know what? I don't care that you don't care  ;D

« Reply #40 on: December 07, 2010, 06:49:54 PM »

Offline Scott

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 108
I'm thrilled that Tottenham claimed the top spot in Group A.

« Reply #41 on: December 07, 2010, 07:53:58 PM »

Offline misha

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Open your eyes
Like you care. But you know what? I don't care that you don't care  ;D
Congarts ACF, that's a very big accomplishment.

I'm thrilled that Tottenham claimed the top spot in Group A.
TP for beating Inter, who I really hate. Hope we (AC Milan) will draw you in the next round.
------------

How about this goal from Hapoel Tel Aviv againts Lyon:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7fMoOpKayWA
The Immortals:

Iker Casillas, Giacinto Facchetti, Alessandro Nesta, Matthias Sammer, Javier Zanetti, Lothar Matthäus (c), Xavi, Zico, Maradona, Roberto Baggio, Ferenc Puskas, Karl Heinz Rummenigge

« Reply #42 on: December 08, 2010, 03:15:19 AM »

Offline ederson

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 279
I care but i`m disappointed .... You should have scored a few more !!! That would have made me happy :D

How about inter ? Do they suck or not ?

« Reply #43 on: December 17, 2010, 07:11:31 AM »

Offline misha

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Open your eyes
Roma   vs  Shakhtar Donetsk      

Milan  vs  Tottenham Hotspur      

Valencia  vs  Schalke04      

Internazionale vs Bayern Munich      

Lyon  vs  Real Madrid      

Arsenal  vs  Barcelona      

Marseille  vs  Manchester United      

Copenhagen  vs  Chelsea
The Immortals:

« Reply #44 on: December 17, 2010, 07:17:46 AM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2404
Roma   vs  Shakhtar Donetsk      

Milan  vs  Tottenham Hotspur      

Valencia  vs  Schalke04      

Internazionale vs Bayern Munich      

Lyon  vs  Real Madrid      

Arsenal  vs  Barcelona      

Marseille  vs  Manchester United      

Copenhagen  vs  Chelsea
A couple of great ties there for the first knockout round

Not too sure about the first two matchups but I like Valencia, Bayern, Real Madrid, Barcelona, Man Utd and Chelsea to go through in the remaining six matchups. Probably AC Milan over Tottenham but I haven't seen Milan play this season so I can't say for sure. Tottenham very vulnerable at the back.