Author Topic: Anthony Bennett (Merged threads)  (Read 7777 times)

Re: Anthony Bennett ????
« Reply #30 on: January 15, 2018, 09:59:01 PM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 269
We definitely should NOT consider keeping an eye on a guy shooting around 48% from three on almost 6 attempts per game in the G-League!!!

BTW, that percentage would lead our Celtics IF he ever got called up and continued at the pace!!

Believe it or not, if he jacked up that man attempts per game in Boston, it would ONLY be SECOND on our team, as Kyrie is attempting 6.5 threes per game.  That surprised me a little.

Smitty77

« Reply #31 on: January 15, 2018, 10:00:53 PM »

Offline PAOBoston

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 533
Another good game for Bennett tonight. 15 pts, 11 rebounds. 3rd double double in a row. Shot 50% from field and 2 of 4 from 3.

« Last Edit: January 15, 2018, 10:06:47 PM by PAOBoston »

« Reply #32 on: January 15, 2018, 10:02:13 PM »

Offline mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 597
Seems to be hitting his threes and looks like he should impress at showcase.I have seen some games and he doesn't look out of shape or lost.Its showcase time as coaches get a look at G league talent..
Any views on Bennett as a bench guy ,a big body that can shoot.
Can he get a 10 day call up?
The Red Claws traded for him ,Brad spotlighted him briefly.Somebody has been watching.
Now don't take this as an endorsement-just post of curiosity with hope there will be a reply from somebody who watches or goes to Red Claw games.

1000 times NO!! He's a bust. I don't understand how many of you scoffed at the idea of picking up Monte Ellis who by the way has proven in the past he's capable of putting up numbers and was once an all-star (well he put up all star numbers) . Yet many of you are finding reasons to give Anthony Bennett a look? Why?

Maybe because Bennett's skillset fits this team more than Ellis. Its not about putting up raw numbers. And Ellis never made any all-star team.

I disagree. Bennett will never be a spark off the bench. Ellis would. Those moments when we have a lull on offense and Kyrie is sitting. We would need someone capable of having a big night offensively. Anthony Bennett on his best day after eating a can of Popeye's spinach was still just 20 points. Not sure what guys have against Ellis but again i'd rather give him a look as opposed to a proven bust like Bennett. Hell while where at it let's give Larry Sanders and Kwame brown a look.

I think you're living in the past with Ellis. There's a reason why he doesn't have an NBA contract. We're talking about a guy who's undersized, 32, low efficiency and was a terrible defender his whole career. When he was good enough to put up 20 per night, he was useful.

About 3 years too late, IMO.

The difference is that Bennett is still 24 and not costing us an NBA contract. Weirder things have happened, e.g. Whiteside, even if it's an extreme longshot.

Not to mention he have worse court vision than Terry Rozier. I've watched him with his time with the Mavs and Pacers, he's only getting worse with his age.

« Reply #33 on: January 16, 2018, 01:27:32 PM »

Offline Eric_Suede

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 19
Seems to be hitting his threes and looks like he should impress at showcase.I have seen some games and he doesn't look out of shape or lost.Its showcase time as coaches get a look at G league talent..
The Red Claws traded for him ,Brad spotlighted him briefly.Somebody has been watching.
Now don't take this as an endorsement-just post of curiosity with hope there will be a reply from somebody who watches or goes to Red Claw games.

1000 times NO!! He's a bust. I don't understand how many of you scoffed at the idea of picking up Monte Ellis who by the way has proven in the past he's capable of putting up numbers and was once an all-star (well he put up all star numbers) . Yet many of you are finding reasons to give Anthony Bennett a look? Why?

Maybe because Bennett's skillset fits this team more than Ellis. Its not about putting up raw numbers. And Ellis never made any all-star team.

I disagree. Bennett will never be a spark off the bench. Ellis would. Those moments when we have a lull on offense and Kyrie is sitting. We would need someone capable of having a big night offensively. Anthony Bennett on his best day after eating a can of Popeye's spinach was still just 20 points. Not sure what guys have against Ellis but again i'd rather give him a look as opposed to a proven bust like Bennett. Hell while where at it let's give Larry Sanders and Kwame brown a look.
Not going to get into the whole Bennett thing.

But what's with your Ellis infatuation. Ellis isn't capable of being a spark off the bench at all - he's trash now. We already have guards who can't shoot from deep, but they can actually defend

Not an infatuation, I just feel if we're going to look at someone to add to the team it should be those type of players that can make an immediate impact or at least have the potential to do so.  I will just never see eye to eye with many of you who feel being labeled a "head case" is the unpardonable sin, yet on the flip side you have proven busts or young players that many of you overvalue ridiculously, and will start threads about having a look at those guys.

If you have a guy who in the past has proven to be able to get it done on the court. I feel it's worth a look to see if he has gas left in the tank. That's all , i'm not suggesting you just sign a guy to a multi year contract but just as us signing a "head case" like Rasheed Wallace and Stephon Marbury actually worked out for us in times past . It won't hurt giving quality vets a look. Just don't understand you guys . Larry Sanders "yes lets give him a look" , Lance Stephenson: "Boooo, 100% NO!. Anthony Bennett: (A proven bust who's been granted multiple chances and never materialized, who consistently makes everyone's "biggest Busts" list,) Oh yeah let's check him out . Monta Ellis : who can score "Booo, absolutely not, I never want to see him in green"

I don't understand that mindset. overvalue our young players. Unless his name is Tatum all of our young guys should be available. (actually if trading Tatum would get us an Anthony Davis , he can go too) I get it, young pieces are good but it seems like the trend in the forum is to always go with the young unproven guy over the quality Vet.

« Reply #34 on: January 16, 2018, 02:41:49 PM »

Offline RockinRyA

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 699

Not going to get into the whole Bennett thing.

But what's with your Ellis infatuation. Ellis isn't capable of being a spark off the bench at all - he's trash now. We already have guards who can't shoot from deep, but they can actually defend

Not an infatuation, I just feel if we're going to look at someone to add to the team it should be those type of players that can make an immediate impact or at least have the potential to do so.  I will just never see eye to eye with many of you who feel being labeled a "head case" is the unpardonable sin, yet on the flip side you have proven busts or young players that many of you overvalue ridiculously, and will start threads about having a look at those guys.

If you have a guy who in the past has proven to be able to get it done on the court. I feel it's worth a look to see if he has gas left in the tank. That's all , i'm not suggesting you just sign a guy to a multi year contract but just as us signing a "head case" like Rasheed Wallace and Stephon Marbury actually worked out for us in times past . It won't hurt giving quality vets a look. Just don't understand you guys . Larry Sanders "yes lets give him a look" , Lance Stephenson: "Boooo, 100% NO!. Anthony Bennett: (A proven bust who's been granted multiple chances and never materialized, who consistently makes everyone's "biggest Busts" list,) Oh yeah let's check him out . Monta Ellis : who can score "Booo, absolutely not, I never want to see him in green"

I don't understand that mindset. overvalue our young players. Unless his name is Tatum all of our young guys should be available. (actually if trading Tatum would get us an Anthony Davis , he can go too) I get it, young pieces are good but it seems like the trend in the forum is to always go with the young unproven guy over the quality Vet.

There's a difference between a team full of Vets, in a closing championship window, to a team just on the rise, building a new culture. You simply cannot compare the Big Three Celtics to these young team in terms of needs and capability to handle such personalities.

BTW, Ellis isnt a quality Vet. Not anymore. Its also riskier to let a "Cancer" in than a "bust". With a bust, you can just drop him, no damage done. Not that I am advocating for Anthony Bennett.

« Last Edit: January 16, 2018, 02:49:39 PM by RockinRyA »

Is Bennett making a case?????
« Reply #35 on: January 21, 2018, 11:21:56 AM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1233
 RED CLAWS
13 ppg
 28.6 mpg
Field goal %.524
 3 point % .481
2 point %.600
FT%.800
Rebound 7.6
1 steal
1 block
Only over 5 games but over 14 games for Windy City his fg% was higher and he shot .442 from three.

Bennett had a very good g league showcase
He takes open shots and doesn't force it -stil in fitting in stage-
« Last Edit: January 21, 2018, 01:29:20 PM by rollie mass »

Re: Is Bennett making a case?????
« Reply #36 on: January 21, 2018, 11:41:03 AM »

Offline Sophomore

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 823
RED CLAWS
13 ppg
 28.6 mpg
Field goal %.524
 3 point % .481
2 point %.600
FT%.800
Rebound 7.6
1 steal
1 block
Only over 5 games but over 14 games for Windy City his fg% was higher and he shot .442 from three.

The G league plays at a fast pace with limited defense. Those averages put Bennet outside the top 50 in points and rebounds per game. The efficiency is good, at least. Don’t know if he’s got any value on D. The clips I’ve seen make him look overweight and a little out of shape.

« Reply #37 on: January 21, 2018, 11:46:59 AM »

Offline ederson

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 279
Gleague stats mean absolutely nothing

« Reply #38 on: January 21, 2018, 11:52:07 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323

Is he a league leader in any stat?

http://stats.gleague.nba.com/

Trouble is for the year he is shooting 0.432% from the three for the year not 48%.  He had a hot streak but even guys like Mickey put up more PPG.

Those averages put Bennet outside the top 50 in points and rebounds per game. The efficiency is good, at least. Don’t know if he’s got any value on D.

Agree, the answer is a resounding no.   But good luck stopping the Chris Babb crew from thinking the next NBA great is on the horizon.

Guys who are ahead of him on the Red Claws for PPG
Gerrschon Yabusele   
Abdel Nader   
Jabari Bird   
Kadeem Allen
Trey Davis
Andrew White

Devin Williams is ahead of him on the RPG

Bennett is the best shooter in FG% but 2nd in three point shooting.

So it would be hard to argue that he is more worthy than some of the guys on the Red Claws.

« Last Edit: January 21, 2018, 11:58:49 AM by Celtics4ever »

« Reply #39 on: January 21, 2018, 12:39:01 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2663
  • bammokja
but again, can any one here speak to his defense? both in terms of effectiveness and effort?

if he can play semi level defense, he would have a place as the 15th member of the boston celtics basketball club.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #40 on: January 21, 2018, 01:49:23 PM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1233
Take the number off his back and think Celtics and he is just fitting in and not forcing shots-
This is not an endorsement-he is in our system not a target-
TP to PAO
« Last Edit: January 21, 2018, 02:20:25 PM by rollie mass »

« Reply #41 on: January 21, 2018, 02:13:11 PM »

Offline PAOBoston

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 533
I don't understand the hate from some about Bennett.

C's are trying to see how he fits in their system since he has unique physical traits (similar to Yabusele/Semi). Not really much to lose. He's still only 24. If they think they can salvage something, then I don't mind.

« Reply #42 on: January 21, 2018, 02:51:45 PM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 413

C's are trying to see how he fits in their system since he has unique physical traits (similar to Yabusele/Semi). Not really much to lose. He's still only 24. If they think they can salvage something, then I don't mind.
I agree!! See what he does..if he don't pan out, release him..nothing loss
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #43 on: January 21, 2018, 03:04:19 PM »

Offline cltc5

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 445
Gleague stats mean absolutely nothing

James young agrees

« Reply #44 on: January 21, 2018, 03:29:55 PM »

Offline Sophomore

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 823

I don’t see hate for Bennett. I’d be thrilled if we got a useable NBA big for essentially nothing.  But what he’s shown so far isn’t very promising.