Author Topic: Mock Trade Deadline  (Read 50559 times)

Re: Mock Trade Deadline
« Reply #240 on: January 29, 2018, 06:00:43 PM »

Offline DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 766
Just gave action 781 a TP for all his fake WOJ tweets, fake links, etc. Awesome.

« Reply #241 on: January 29, 2018, 07:00:17 PM »

• Paul Silas
Just a reminder, Clippers and Detroit, your teams remain the same as it was on Saturday when the Mock Trade Deadline started, unless you both agree to the Griffin trade (whichever way you two think would be most enjoyable)

« Reply #242 on: January 29, 2018, 08:03:08 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2930
Woj: There's been some rumblings that Lebron is unhappy and has told the team that he's leaning toward leaving this summer. It's unknown whether or not the Cavs would actually trade him, but the feeling is that Lebron has a certain list of teams that he would waive his NTC for.

« Reply #243 on: January 29, 2018, 09:36:58 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
Woj: There's been some rumblings that Lebron is unhappy and has told the team that he's leaning toward leaving this summer. It's unknown whether or not the Cavs would actually trade him, but the feeling is that Lebron has a certain list of teams that he would waive his NTC for.

Windhorst: LeBron will not waive his no-trade clause.  He intends to finish out the year in Cleveland, both to try to win one more title for The Land, and because he feels the Cavs would leak false reports that he demanded a trade, sullying his reputation.  While he may have his differences with the organization over some issues, he has a true kinship with the Cleveland fan base that he does not want to injure for a second time.

« Reply #244 on: January 29, 2018, 10:05:12 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith

Windhorst: LeBron will not waive his no-trade clause.  He intends to finish out the year in Cleveland, both to try to win one more title for The Land, and because he feels the Cavs would leak false reports that he demanded a trade, sullying his reputation.  While he may have his differences with the organization over some issues, he has a true kinship with the Cleveland fan base that he does not want to injure for a second time.

Woj:

« Reply #245 on: January 29, 2018, 11:09:08 PM »

Offline action781

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 609
Anybody know what the value of Lebron's next contract is going to look like?  Asking for a friend.
2020 CelticsStrong All-2000s Draft -- Utah Jazz

Finals Starters:  Jason Kidd - Reggie Miller - PJ Tucker - Al Horford - Shaq
Bench:  Rajon Rondo - Trae Young - Marcus Smart - Jaylen Brown -  Peja Stojakovic - Jamal Mashburn - Carlos Boozer - Tristan Thompson - Mehmet Okur

« Reply #246 on: January 29, 2018, 11:24:36 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
Woj: Breaking: The Cavaliers and Lakers are in advanced discussions on a major blockbuster trade. More details to come.

« Reply #247 on: January 29, 2018, 11:29:51 PM »

• Paul Silas
Per Woj: Lebron's people just informed me of a major deal that he would have been part of. The Cavs asked Lebron to waive his NTC to go the Lakers, largely depleting the Lakers of their assets.

Lebron's people report that Lebron feels betrayed by this, and even if he was possibly going to the Lakers this summer, he wouldn't want them to trade all their assets to get him there now.

« Reply #248 on: January 29, 2018, 11:41:54 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Per Woj: Lebron's people just informed me of a major deal that he would have been part of. The Cavs asked Lebron to waive his NTC to go the Lakers, largely depleting the Lakers of their assets.

Lebron's people report that Lebron feels betrayed by this, and even if he was possibly going to the Lakers this summer, he wouldn't want them to trade all their assets to get him there now.
*Puts on Lakers hat*
I wouldn't have phrased it like that, but to each their own. Dang it
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #249 on: January 29, 2018, 11:43:02 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith

AKA "David Stern vetoing the Chris Paul to Lakers trade 2.0."  ;)

I smell corruption and collusion!

« Reply #250 on: January 29, 2018, 11:45:06 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach

We're still mad about that here in LA!!

« Reply #251 on: January 29, 2018, 11:51:32 PM »

• Paul Silas

Some around the NBA are wondering if too much damage is done to the Cavs' relationship with Lebron after this situation.

« Reply #252 on: January 29, 2018, 11:53:26 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 2953
  • On To Banner 18!

Boy, I'd LOVE to see what the Cavaliers would get back from the Lakers, who have already traded away Clarkson, Randle, Nance, and don't own any 2018 first rounders at the moment lol.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #253 on: January 29, 2018, 11:56:36 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach

Boy, I'd LOVE to see what the Cavaliers would get back from the Lakers, who have already traded away Clarkson, Randle, Nance, and don't own any 2018 first rounders at the moment lol.
We were planning on moving the Hollywood sign to Cleveland ;)

« Reply #254 on: January 29, 2018, 11:57:52 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith

Some around the NBA are wondering if too much damage is done to the Cavs' relationship with Lebron after this situation.

Some around the NBA are wondering how David Stern got back in power...