Author Topic: Blake Griffin made to look pedestrian by Celts youth  (Read 2321 times)

Re: Blake Griffin made to look pedestrian by Celts youth
« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2018, 05:27:48 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
First time I’ve heard Horford described as “youth”. ;)

Since 2008 playoffs.

« Reply #16 on: February 24, 2018, 07:47:41 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
Blake Superior was probably more about filling seats than winning.  But, I'm doubtful they can nudge out Miami or Philly for the 8th seed.

BLake Superior?!  Lolllll.  And good call -- looks like they may just miss the playoffs behind PHI and MIA.  TP, tar.
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #17 on: February 24, 2018, 10:16:04 PM »

Offline green_bballers13

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 320
Blake Superior was probably more about filling seats than winning.  But, I'm doubtful they can nudge out Miami or Philly for the 8th seed.

BLake Superior?!  Lolllll.  And good call -- looks like they may just miss the playoffs behind PHI and MIA.  TP, tar.

Haha I like it.

I think MIA will hold off DET for the 8th spot. MIA is ugly but gritty. I'd like the Blake/Drummond combo if they had great shooting. They don't. I think this duo can be 3 and 4 on a very good/championship team. DET is stuck in the middle again, and are not likely going to get a superstar or even allstar to move the needle. Which means that this whole trade won't matter all that much.

« Reply #18 on: February 24, 2018, 11:17:27 PM »

Offline DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 766

Good nickname, but did you just quote yourself and then give yourself a fake TP?

I saw my potential self in the mirror there, and decided it was time to get off the forum and go to bed.

« Reply #19 on: February 25, 2018, 11:47:50 AM »

Offline GRADYCOLNON

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 26
Stan Van Gundy made a deal for this guy and didn't even put a plan in place to get his game going.  As your superstar, you build around his strengths and at least put him in situations to succeed.  Gundy didn't none of those things.  The Pistons essentially made it easy for Celtics to contain Blake. 

Team will be fine as soon as Gundy makes the necessary adjustments top to bottom.  Look to next year for real signs that Blake has lost his mojo.

« Reply #20 on: February 25, 2018, 12:42:55 PM »

Online Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 976
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
Roy-not exactly what i meant!!! Watching Tatum and Brown run the court and then Blake plow through the lane in slow motion.
That was a hard game to watch.

Tatum and Brown played that game like they could not give a sheet.

I wish Pop was our coach.
Huh?  Brown outplayed Stanley Johnson and Tatum outplayed anyone they tried to put on him.

Tatum got one rebound, zero assists, and zero steals in 27 minutes.
Brown got was 2 for 8 with 3 rebounds in 24 minutes.
lol
The only indicators of effort right?
TP gouki