Author Topic: Celtics (40-22) at Suns (20-42) Game #63 3/5/17  (Read 56484 times)

Re: Celtics (40-22) at Suns (20-42) Game #63 3/5/17
« Reply #480 on: March 05, 2017, 08:07:32 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Is it just me or did immediately after that last basket IT look back at Crowder like it was his fault?  It would confirm what I suspect of him as a teammate, so figure I'm not the best one to answer this question.

That was bad

« Reply #481 on: March 05, 2017, 08:08:41 PM »

Offline kraidstar

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 2478
Anybody wish we had a rim protector?
\

You mean like your binkie, Demarcus "barely protects the rim at all" Cousins?

You have no idea what you're talking about.

Am I to assume by your non-response that you're okay with giving up multiple easy shots at the rim?

I think the 37.6% FG and the complete lack of competitiveness for three quarters against an awful team are more to blame than the one or two breakdowns at the end.

Perhaps, but it was a winnable game, and having even a situational big man who can play defense would have saved the game.  Hell, Perk would be more valuable to this team than Jordan Mickey.

Mickey was a big part of the comeback tonight. He is 22. Give him some credit.

The awful Pelicans on the other hand are paying Perk not to play. he has been out for a year.

Mickey was not the problem today. Doesn't matter who your personnel are, if your team doesn't compete, you leave yourself wide open to lose against NBA teams, no matter how bad they are.

« Reply #482 on: March 05, 2017, 08:10:57 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
This team does not have the depth to sustain the loss of 2 starters. Currently the only worthy bench players are Smart and Brown, and sometimes Rozier. Everybody else on that bench are mediocre.  I really wish DA had made a move at the deadline for a big. With Horford out, you can see there is no one else to play defense and protect the rim.
not sure I agree.

Smart is the best bench player in the league according to my homer-eyes.
Kelly is a very nice bench player
Jaylen is quickly turning into an above-average bench player
Jonas is streaky but at your 8th or 9th guy hes pretty good
I hate Rozier, but his talent level is high
then Zeller/Green/Mickey/Young/Jackson is pretty bad 10-15 but so is everyone's.

We lost this game because the players we do have did not show up. The group we had today is much better than the way they played today.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #483 on: March 05, 2017, 08:11:36 PM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1469
This team does not have the depth to sustain the loss of 2 starters. Currently the only worthy bench players are Smart and Brown, and sometimes Rozier. Everybody else on that bench are mediocre.  I really wish DA had made a move at the deadline for a big. With Horford out, you can see there is no one else to play defense and protect the rim.

This is why we need to take Fultz/ Ball. .....this gives us another star ....then we can dump junk for another serious player like George.

I agree we need another go to player, but I would rather target a big, Marcus and Brown have been playing really well lately.  I don't want to trade either of those two guys for another wing player unless it is Durant.  And yes I know, what big are we going to target, I really don't know.  haha  Gotta be someone out there other than Blake that could help us out.

« Reply #484 on: March 05, 2017, 08:12:33 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
Is it just me or did immediately after that last basket IT look back at Crowder like it was his fault?  It would confirm what I suspect of him as a teammate, so figure I'm not the best one to answer this question.

That was bad
anyone have a video?
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #485 on: March 05, 2017, 08:14:25 PM »

Offline jdz101

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 404
Anybody wish we had a rim protector?
\

You mean like your binkie, Demarcus "barely protects the rim at all" Cousins?

You have no idea what you're talking about.

Am I to assume by your non-response that you're okay with giving up multiple easy shots at the rim?

"Forums manager" saying another poster 'has no idea what they're talking about' straight up when asked a legitimate question.

This board going from strength to strength.

how much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck was chris bosh?

« Reply #486 on: March 05, 2017, 08:15:23 PM »

Online hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja
well i had to step out immediately after the game. tough as hell loss. but i agree with posters that the game should never have been that close to start with.

a question for you all - did scal or anyone ask CBS why he did not take a time out at the end?

i would have thought a set play would have been in order.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #487 on: March 05, 2017, 08:16:19 PM »

Offline BlackCeltic

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 64
So IT throws JAE under the bus?!!!! $@#%$#%$#%#%$#%#!!!!

« Reply #488 on: March 05, 2017, 08:16:47 PM »

Online hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • bammokja
where did you see this?
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #489 on: March 05, 2017, 08:17:01 PM »

Offline jdz101

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 404
well i had to step out immediately after the game. tough as hell loss. but i agree with posters that the game should never have been that close to start with.

a question for you all - did scal or anyone ask CBS why he did not take a time out at the end?

If you're referring to when they inbounded with 5ish seconds to go he had no timeout

how much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck was chris bosh?

« Reply #490 on: March 05, 2017, 08:17:14 PM »

Offline BlackCeltic

• Jayson Tatum
where did you see this?

His interview now on CSNNE

« Reply #491 on: March 05, 2017, 08:17:44 PM »

Online hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • bammokja

If you're referring to when they inbounded with 5ish seconds to go he had no timeout
okay. i did not know that. many thanks and a tp to ease the pain of the game.  ;D
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #492 on: March 05, 2017, 08:19:44 PM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1469
where did you see this?

What did he say?

« Reply #493 on: March 05, 2017, 08:20:12 PM »

Offline Chief

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2450
where did you see this?

Good way to start our toughest stretch of the season.
Once you are labeled 'the best' you want to stay up there, and you can't do it by loafing around.

Larry Bird

« Reply #494 on: March 05, 2017, 08:21:02 PM »

Offline BlackCeltic

• Jayson Tatum
where did you see this?

What did he say?

He said he thought Jae would in ball the ball to him sooner and that he didn't know what he was thinking, but by time he got the ball Criss was right there to cause the turnover. He took no responsibility whatsoever.